How to load epic games save game on Steam version

Sorry i'm one of those OCD guys who likes all of his games on steam so i rebought it since it was cheap on Steam at the moment.

The problem i'm having is after i installed Shenmue 3 on Steam it can't detect my save games.

I checked the save folder in Local/Shenmue3/Saved/SaveGames and they are still in there, but i cant find a way of loading them up.

Is there a fix? any help would be much appreciated, i was about 90% through the game and didn't do any of the DLC's because i have not owned them until now.

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
I tried making a new save, then renaming the old files to the new file names and overwriting but they still wont load

I tried making a new save, then renaming the old files to the new file names and overwriting but they still wont load
It will likely require a converter. You could ask in the modding section, but I’d be surprised if anybody is currently working on one.

Hi has anybody made a save game converter so i can carry on my epic game save on my new steam version? i was like 90% through and its quite a slow game so not sure if i want to play it all the way through again

The files with the short names are the old epic games saves and the files with the long names are the new steam saves it forced me to create, you can't load the epic games version, it does not detect it

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    71.3 KB · Views: 5
no they don't work anymore, lots of people on steam discussions saying the same thing, i last played my save in December 2019 so would probably be an old old version.

Send me a normal Steam save and the EGS save you want to try and transfer, I'll send you back a save file which might work.
ok mate, the longer file name is the steam version and the shorter the epic games version

Attachments

• Slot765611979741713990.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
  • System1638.zip
    61.8 KB · Views: 10
Can you make a new save file with Steam for me and send that over? I only need the "slot" file.
that one was a new game the first time it would let me save, there is this second one that is 4kb

Attachments

• System76561197974171399.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
there is this little one also, thats all thats in the save folder, those 4 files

Attachments

• System.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 11
The EGS one is the one with the short file name, but i'm confused myself now, i did try starting the game outside of the launcher and that made another one again, its a bit of a mess lol
Usually the 'slot' files are the save slots themselves, with the last digit(s) representing the slot #. Everything between "Slot" and the slot # is a user ID.

The 'system' file is usually just system/settings config stuff.

This is whats in my save folder, ignore the zip files i zipped them to send to you

The last time i played the epic games save was the 12/12/2019

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
Back