How to load epic games save game on Steam version

EGS save files should most definitely have a full EGS ID.
It might be because i uninstalled epic and played the game without the launcher, cos i'm a steam guy and didn't want the launcher, Shenmue works without the launcher installed

It might be because i uninstalled epic and played the game without the launcher, cos i'm a steam guy and didn't want the launcher, Shenmue works without the launcher installed
What happens when you make a brand new save in slot 5, for example?

I own the Steam version, but I'd have to download it, which might take a little while.

What happens when you make a brand new save in slot 5, for example?

I own the Steam version, but I'd have to download it, which might take a little while.
with the launcher it will make another file name that is really long and without it it will make a file name that is really short like the one i sent you that i got when i got the game from epic the first time round.

with the launcher it will make another file name that is really long and without it it will make a file name that is really short like the one i sent you that i got when i got the game from epic the first time round.
Right. Remove everything from that folder, boot up the game again, make a fresh save in slot 5 and send me the files. By the end of it you should have only 2 files. A system and a (save) slot file.

ah wait i get you, i sent you the system save not the slot, my bad, this is the last epic games slot file

Attachments

• Slot16380.zip
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
do you want me to start fresh here cos i'm confusing you and myself lol

ok these are the 2 save files

long name is steam, short name is epic

i accidentally (without knowing) sent you a slot file and a system file)

Attachments

• Slot16380.zip
    61.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Slot765611979741713990.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
Try this one.

Gonna start downloading my Steam version of Shenmue III, I guess.

Attachments

• Slot765611979741713990.zip
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
i'm just doing the fresh one for you, excuse my stupidness i have just never done this before, i will try this one once i have generated the fresh one, it takes a while because you have to go to the village before you can save but there is a lot of unskippable talking first

ok we got progress the one you sent me last shows up in the slot but it says failed to load save when i try and load it.

It says please download and install DLC pack (i have all dlc on steam)

Do you still want the clean save i made or should i discard that now?

ok we got progress the one you sent me last shows up in the slot but it says failed to load save when i try and load it.

Do you still want the clean save i made or should i discard that now?
Do you have all of the same DLC as your EGS account? I'd say make a fresh clean save just to be safe. This should contain your user ID 100%.

Yes i bought the Digital Deluxe version which comes with all dlc (dlcs 1,2,3)

This is the fresh files

Attachments

• fresh.zip
    37 KB · Views: 4
Does the DLC appear? Battle Rally should appear on your main menu.
yes mate 100% all there, all installed and Battle Rally is in the menu (i edited my post and added a screenshot showing the dlc installed a few posts above)

Back