I am wondering when Yu Suzuki will do his first post-launch interview

I know he really doesn’t do interviews very often. I am thinking that the shortcomings with Shenmue 3 may be explained further by him, as far as the cuts during development, and feasibility of Shenmue moving forward. He is still my all time favorite video game designer. I guess if I was the interviewer, I’d ask questions more along the lines of “Did you feel you were able to do what you planned for in Shenmue 3?” And “What obstacles made development difficult, and how did you feel the final product matches with your original vision?”

Solid question, im definitely curious to hear something! Shock no on has jumped at it! The media needs to step it up!

He did an interview with Famitsu, but I haven't seen a translation.

So many questions I want him answering. It's going to require many interviews to get his accurate feedback on some topics.

What happened to the unused 80% of the original music production we barely heard in III?

Many fans are ready to sacrifice English dub to help him to make a better Shenmue IV. What does he think about?

Could they insert all the NPCs his staff and the outsourcing teams designed for Shenmue III? If not, how many?

Did they re-use NPC designs from I&II with purpose?

If ever he makes Shenmue IV without crowdfunding, how different the production is going to be in terms of procedure and design decisions?

Why all this meticulous care to make sure the player knows what should be done? Some flashbacks and dialogues felt unnecessary or clumsy.

Why did he put so much emphasis on mini games or item collecting? Was the reason some kind of skill or technological determinism?

Last edited:
Back