I can't trigger the Fangmei photo cutscene in Shenmue II

Favourite title
Shenmue II
I'm playing the PC re-release with the latest patch (v1.07) and the cutscene for Fangmei's photo won't trigger.

I've done the Fangmei's birthday event, all the Chawan signs, including the Blue Sky one, the Man Mo Bistro QTE and I am now trying to trigger the "Photo of Fangmei" cutscene. It is the 8th March and I'm currently up to finding Ren and have just left Scarlet Hills after giving the Wulinshu back to Xiuying. I then went to the Lucky Charm Quarter for the cutscene with Joy, I then travelled to Man Mo Bistro in the Wise Men's Quarter for the Fangmei QTE and then I travelled to Scarlet Hills. The assistant in White is standing in the walkway to the back of the yard with his camera in hand but the cutscene won't trigger.

Fangmei is still around and doing her routine as she would if I was still doing the book carrying job and Fangmei's Birthday side quest, she eats at Man Mo Bistro with Eileen until 1 PM and then travels back to Man Mo Temple to sweep outside the gate for a while and then travels to the back of the yard to sweep there. I haven't triggered the Blue Sky Chawan sign bug as she is still around and not permanently stuck in Blue Sky Garden in Fortune's Pier in Aberdeen.

What's causing this? Have I triggered some kind of bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. 🙂

Has to be sunny weather, I think?

Ahh yeah, it was raining both days I tried. The rain stopped on the second day but the skies were still Grey, tried it again the next day when it was sunny and it did it! I was worried it was glitched or something.

Thank you! 😊

Ahh yeah, it was raining both days I tried. The rain stopped on the second day but the skies were still Grey, tried it again the next day when it was sunny and it did it! I was worried it was glitched or something.

Thank you! 😊
No worries- I seem to remember I had the same issue on my last play through, the weather did not want to co operate!

Another reason that makes Shenmue 2 so amazing. Any other game would give you a photo where the sun is magically out/magically make it sunny out during a cutscene, when in reality, It's still cloudy :)

Back