If there is a secured place where i can give my money to help Yu Suzuki i would give mine

Hopefully no more fan funding ever again. That's what went wrong PR and even design wise with S3.

Last edited:
How can we find this place where we can all trust and give our money to help what we all want?
I'm sure we can talk about it to Cedric Biscay or Shenmue Dojo executive to organize it maybe?

Maybe we can become some kind of collegiate investors or something?
While there’s no crowdfunding option available (and likely never will be), you can still support the series through Shenmue 3 and it’s upcoming merch (e.g. soundtrack).

Hopefully no more fan funding ever again. That's what went wrong PR and even design wise with S3.
A game funded in the traditional way is not the optimum either. There are many things that can go wrong with crowd funding, but the same thing can be said about the classic way. Developers need to please the investors then and unlike you have some super tolerant investors that like to take risks the devs need to make concessions to the investors. So some changes are inevitable. Changes that could destroy the game and make bland and at mainstream.

But as long as it is not even clear if we get a 4 at all it is to early to worry about that. Nonetheless these factors should be considered...

How can we find this place where we can all trust and give our money to help what we all want?
I'm sure we can talk about it to Cedric Biscay or Shenmue Dojo executive to organize it maybe?

Maybe we can become some kind of collegiate investors or something?
I mean, if you were a multi-millionaire and you wish to donate 1 mil USD, without any input (like I would do if I was a millionaire), then sure, I'd reach out, just to help out.

But if you want to give a couple of thousand or less, like in KS, there's no point at all.

Back