IGN's Esra Krabbe - Shenmue 3 editorial (MAGIC '19)

I watched the trailer about 150 times and didn't notice the polygon clipping lol. Not a big deal in that case, 5 months of polishing are enough to fix these kind of issues. I don't know the average statistics but 5 months to polish seem to be a very fair margin to me.

What does bother me in the WildManofBorneo's sequence is the hand animation and texture. I thought it was awful the first time I've seen the trailer. I'm not sure they will have the time to fix it because it looks way more complex to solve.

I don't think Shenmue 3 will get a noticeable overhaul though but you never know. I do not forget that the leap between the Shenmue 1 screenshots in magazine previews and the final build was spectacular.

I noticed both the hand issue and clipping the second time I watched the trailer. The first time I watched it I couldn't see anything because I was too teary eyed.

What does bother me in the WildManofBorneo's sequence is the hand animation and texture. I thought it was awful the first time I've seen the trailer. I'm not sure they will have the time to fix it because it looks way more complex to solve.

I've done quite a bit of character rigging. The issue there with his wrist seems to me to be with the skin weighting (basically assigning regions of skin to a particular bone or bones). So the skin's weight map just needs to be adjusted to make the forearm, wrist, and hand look more natural. The skin texture for the hand can also be easily adjusted. They aren't difficult adjustments; it's just a question of where they land in YsNet's polishing priorities.

Very Interresting thing to read! I Recomend!

10 Differences Between Agile and Waterfall Methodology
Posted on January 28, 2016
The traditional waterfall methodology for software development is rapidly losing its popularity as Agile methodology is now being increasingly adopted by companies worldwide for software development.
Waterfall basically is a sequential model where software development is segregated into a sequence of pre -defined phases – including feasibility, planning, design, build, test, production, and support. On the other hand, Agile development methodology follows a linear sequential approach while providing flexibility for changing project requirements, as they occur.
Here are the top 10 differences between Agile and Waterfall Methodology:

1. The software development process is divided into different phases in the Waterfall model while Agile methodology segregates the project development lifecycle into sprints
  2. Waterfall is a structured software development methodology, and often times can be quite rigid, whereas the Agile methodology is known for its flexibility
  3. According to the Waterfall model, software development is to be completed as one single project, which is then divided into different phases, with each phase appearing only once during the SDLC. However, the Agile methodology can be considered as a collection of many different projects, which are nothing but the iterations of the different phases focusing on improving the overall software quality with feedbacks from users or the QA team
  4. If you want to use the Waterfall model for software development, then you have to be clear with all the development requirements beforehand as there is no scope of changing the requirements once the project development starts. The Agile methodology, on the other hand, is quite flexible, and allows for changes to be made in the project development requirements even after the initial planning has been completed
  5. All the project development phases such as designing, development, testing, etc. are completed once in the Waterfall model while as part of the Agile methodology, they follow an iterative development approach. As a result, planning, development, prototyping and other software development phases can appear more than once during the entire SDLC
  6. One of the major differences between Agile and Waterfall development methodology is their individual approach towards quality and testing. In the Waterfall model, the “Testing” phase comes after the “Build” phase, but, in the Agile methodology, testing is typically performed concurrently with programming or at least in the same iteration as programming
  7. While Waterfall methodology is an internal process and does not require the participation of customers, the Agile software development approach focuses on customer satisfaction and thus, involves the participation of customers throughout the development phase
  8. The Waterfall model can be regarded as a stringently sequential process, however, the Agile methodology is a highly collaborative software development process, thereby leading to better team input and faster problem solving
  9. The Waterfall model is best suited for projects which have clearly defined requirements and in which change is not expected at all, while Agile development supports a process in which the requirements are expected to change and evolve. Thus, if you are planning to develop a software that would require frequent overhauls and has to keep up with the technology landscape and customer requirements, Agile is the best approach to follow
  10. The Waterfall model exhibits a project mindset and lays its focus strictly on the completion of project development, while Agile introduces a product mindset that focuses on ensuring that the developed product satisfies its end customers, and changes itself as the requisites of customers change

Link to the orinigal article. https://blog.flatworldsolutions.com/10-differences-agile-waterfall-methodology/

Back