Insert Coin reveals new range of Shenmue clothing for 2018!

PSN
FlagshipFighter
XBL
FlagshipFighter
After a series of tweets teasing a Shenmue related announcement for today: 'Inset Coin Clothing' have just revealed a brand new range of officially licensed Shenmue clothing items including a tee, hoodie and jacket!

Collage_HD 2018-12-06 12_10_57.jpg

The new Shenmue ‘Ultimate Collection’ range of clothing is available to order today on their website at insertcoinclothing.com/shenmue.

Last edited:
Grrrr… an expense at an expensive time... … but I couldn't resist!!!

I ordered the Jacket & Hoodie :) I can be a slim/medium size so hope the mediums are snug.

Lol, looks like the site got DoSed from all the new visits, I'm getting timeouts.

A bit expensive, but ended up grabbing the hoodie!

I mean, better than before, but still not too stellar.

I'm still willing to go all in on a custom job; yeah it'd cost about $300 American, but I think it would be more fine-tuned to the genuine article.

Still, these are nicer.

I mean, better than before, but still not too stellar.

I'm still willing to go all in on a custom job; yeah it'd cost about $300 American, but I think it would be more fine-tuned to the genuine article.

Still, these are nicer.

I'd be more inclined to purchase a jacket if it were actual leather. Plus, from the photos, it looks thin and not something that would protect you from the elements.

I'd be more inclined to purchase a jacket if it were actual leather. Plus, from the photos, it looks thin and not something that would protect you from the elements.

Indeed. Clicking on it and seeing "Faux-Leather," made me go from considering, to hell no.

Plus, is that 81 pounds? I definitely can't afford an expense like that, right now :(

I have ordered two Shenmue Jackets from InsertCoin in the past, one to keep nice and one to wear, then my cat peed on one of them when I left it on my couch the one week my cat came down with a bladder infection... first time in over 12 years to not make it to the litter box :(

The first ones I ordered were black and not brown, so now I want to get an actual Brown one.

Indeed. Clicking on it and seeing "Faux-Leather," made me go from considering, to hell no.

Plus, is that 81 pounds? I definitely can't afford an expense like that, right now :(

Yeah the quality of the Faux-Leather differently is not the best and it frays and rips easy around the collar, I have worn the old black one they use to sell out in the cold before and it was anything but windproof, just wear it for special occasions since it may wear down quick.

I might order one just to frame it and not to be worn I know that sounds nerdy but they are not the best to wear for days on end they wear down quick, I only wear my black one now when I go to Arcades or other events/places where someone might recognize it. Also keep an eye out for flash sales I got the second one on a flash sale for half price.

And just eyeing the pictures they do look better quality then the black one so just to be clear I am reviewing/commenting on their older model I don't know for sure how good or bad this one is :)

Has anyone managed to find a voucher code yet. Usually they have 15% - 20% off?

InsertCoin does these codes from time to time, so if I see one I will post it here that might be the best way to get the cost down or at least knock enough down to cover for shipping .

I just bought the leather jacket and now you guys have me concerned. I did see they changed the design by using stitching and patches so is it possibly more durable now?

I just bought the leather jacket and now you guys have me concerned. I did see they changed the design by using stitching and patches so is it possibly more durable now?

I wouldn't be to worried about it, the last one they had the design was just printed onto the leather, so it's already looking like an upgrade, after a few paychecks odds are that I'm going to order one as well :)

Could someone please post their thoughts on the jackets when they arrive? I got the Shenmue windbreaker jacket and wasn’t too impressed, so I’d like to know what you guys think before buying one for myself.

I wouldn't be to worried about it, the last one they had the design was just printed onto the leather, so it's already looking like an upgrade, after a few paychecks odds are that I'm going to order one as well :)

gotchya, I wonder if I should reinforce the elbows.

My order just shipped. I got both the jacket and hoodie. I’ve been wanting to order more Shenmue clothing stuff for a long time. Hope the jacket isn’t whack, considering the $100 price tag.

Sorry if it’s too late for anyone that might have already ordered but I found a code that worked for my order that you guys are welcome to try!

It’s a 20% off code so massive savings. If you buy all 3 items for example you will get a £31.80 discount in total :)

Code is: ccggic20

For anyone who ordered the leather jacket, i expressed my concerns regarding durability and care. This is the email I received from insertcoin

"
Hi there,

Thanks for your email.

All the materials we use have been carefully chosen and are rigorously tested before our items are made.

This is a durable material which when worn, softly creases overtime to add to the leather effect.

Cracking should not be an issue, in the rare event that you experience any issues please get back in touch and we’ll be happy to resolve any queries you have.

Do not put this jacket through a washing machine or tumble dryer, the outside can be cleaned with luke-warm water and a damp cloth, pat dry once finished cleaning.

This jacket can be used daily but as it is not real leather, we wouldn’t recommend excessive exposure to the rain.

I hope this helps to clear up any questions you may have :)

Have a great weekend!"

Back