Interview with Shenmue Doujinshi Creator Mappy

Switch

Shenmue analysis at www.phantomriverstone.com
We interviewed mappy, one of the artists behind the fantastic recent Shenmue comic book, "Mankan Zenseki". (Some of you may have been lucky enough to get hold of one in the short period at the start of the year, before it sold out!). Mappy talks about how the fan book came to be, her thoughts & hopes for the Shenmue series & more.

As a special bonus extra, @danielmann861 has performed more of his scanlation wizardry and translated manga page samples into English specially to accompany the interview!

dojinsample_hyoshi.jpg
047.jpg

Article:

https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2021/02/interview-with-shenmue-doujinshi.html

We'd also like to gather interest from everyone in a potential English translation of the entire book so please leave a comment in the thread if you would order one to help make a convincing proposal to mappy and team. Thanks!

Last edited:
As I said to Switch in private, I would totally be up for the challenge of trying to adapt and translate the whole thing...IF the original artists were up for that or saw a potential market for a limited run here in the West. I'm looking for a project to embark on and this is right up my alley. But again, that's totally up to the original artists. Who knows? But I'd be in for helping out beyond those samples and I've already mentioned that to Switch in private.

Great interview! I enjoyed reading both versions (the English and Japanese)

Last edited:
Great interview! I wanted to get a copy of the doujinshi but was too slow to buy it before it sold out on Booth :crying: Would definitely buy an English language version.

Back