Is this normal?

So I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One but thought I'd buy the game anyway to lend my support.

I have a shitty laptop so bought it for PC in the hope I could at least run the game at the lowest possible settings. I got so excited for about 2 seconds when it seemed to run well until Ryo comes floating into the screen without so much as a fucking body.

1.png

The rest of the cutscene carried on much the same, looking like a Picasso painting shat through a paper shredder. Then much to my horror and inevitable future nightmares this mangled version of Ine-San appeared:

2.png

I'm running the game on a really old laptop with integrated graphics and wonder if these results are to be expected?

That Ine-San picture is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on the Dojo.

It probably has something to do with your laptop. Can you throw any specs our way?

O__O oh my. I'm not sure what the solution is, but this got a reaction out me, that's for sure!

Last edited:
So I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One but thought I'd buy the game anyway to lend my support.

I have a shitty laptop so bought it for PC in the hope I could at least run the game at the lowest possible settings. I got so excited for about 2 seconds when it seemed to run well until Ryo comes floating into the screen without so much as a fucking body.

View attachment 612

The rest of the cutscene carried on much the same, looking like a Picasso painting shat through a paper shredder. Then much to my horror and inevitable future nightmares this mangled version of Ine-San appeared:

View attachment 613

I'm running the game on a really old laptop with integrated graphics and wonder if these results are to be expected?

Well, to answer the thread´s question, it may be normal until you change these factors :unsure::

shitty_Laptop.jpg

Holy shit, these are the top bugs I've seen since footage of the re-release has surfaced on Twitch...

Sorry to hear about these issues, but these pictures cracked me up :ROFLMAO:

Holy moly that Ine-san is the source of the worst kind of nightmare!

How old is old? What are the specs? Would be nice to know for future reference.

That Ine-San picture is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on the Dojo.

It probably has something to do with your laptop. Can you throw any specs our way?

Almost embarrassed to say, but here goes:

i73520M
Intel Graphics 4000
4GB RAM

I didn't have any expectations that the game would work at all but those 2 seconds of excitement got my hopes up. I'll mess about with some of the settings and see what happens.

I think that the Intel Graphics 4000 has incomplete support for modern shader-based programs, or at least that's my experience with trying to run my OpenGL programs on it vs. a nVidia card. Might be related.

Well that isn't quite as old as I may have thought at first. But yeah the HD 4000 is definately the weak link here.
Enough to emulate the games but in this new enviroment demand is sadly higher.

I think that the Intel Graphics 4000 has incomplete support for modern shader-based programs, or at least that's my experience with trying to run my OpenGL programs on it vs. a nVidia card. Might be related.

Ah well, sounds like I'm out of luck then, didn't really except it to work anyway. Guess I'll need to upgrade or get a console before Shenmue 3 comes out.

Well that isn't quite as old as I may have thought at first. But yeah the HD 4000 is definately the weak link here.
Enough to emulate the games but in this new enviroment demand is sadly higher.

Weirdly I just tried Shenmue 2 and it worked fine, at least for the first 5 minutes of the game.

While it sucks that your machine can't render the game properly...please keep trying to play it while taking more screenshots of the anomalies you come across for a bit longer -- they are absolutely hilarious

Haha, I plan on playing about with it a bit more so I'll see what I can do!

That's fine, don't worry.

Back