Japanese Reference photos

Hey everyone.

For those who are looking to mod or re-create the environments in Shenmue 1, I have uploaded nearly 1,000 photos of Japan to help you guys. It's easy to make textures out of a lot of photos and put them in Shenmue 1. These are good photos, and I know it will help you guys a lot. If you want to download them, you can by using your Flickr account.

Reference photo album 1:

reference photo album 2:

Last edited:
Hey, thank you! Great album, really interesting pictures, and great quality references for a lived-in Japanese town environment. Sorry to bother you, but would it be possible at all to split your album in two? I would like to download the full album and go through it, but the Flickr bulk downloader has a 500 picture maximum (apparently, it just fails with a generic error but going through the Flickr forums that seems to be the consensus), so I have to manually download every single picture.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Hey, thank you! Great album, really interesting pictures, and great quality references for a lived-in Japanese town environment. Sorry to bother you, but would it be possible at all to split your album in two? I would like to download the full album and go through it, but the Flickr bulk downloader has a 500 picture maximum (apparently, it just fails with a generic error but going through the Flickr forums that seems to be the consensus), so I have to manually download every single picture.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Hello! I'm happy to hear you love the album. And yes, I have split them up.

Last edited:
Great images!

Back