Japanology and other great Japanese videos

Has anyone watched these series? In the beginning they do a brief introduction to what will be going on and then go through it all in greater detail, but never overloading you with info. Then at the end they will give a brief thought or to wrap it up with a final detail. Begin Japanology was just Peter on camera, with narrators in the background and then Japanese Plus has Peter again, but added Matt Alt for most of the episodes. You learn a lot about Japan with it's food, it's living arrangements, it work life, entertainment life, culture, geography, history, etc.

Some of my favorite episodes are and for some you can see a direct connection to the game world for what it represents-

Shopping Streets

Izakaya (pub/bar) [Begin]

Ramen

Regional Fast Food

And there are many more. Be prepared to have most of these videos not having complete audio all the way through, as it tries to limit the chance of being removed from YouTube and by the time you get to this thread, not all videos may still be working. I may post more later though. Also the older the video, the more grainy it will look. All in all though some really good videos and teaches you a lot. They are all about 30 minutes long. For anything showing longer it is just usually playing the same video twice, I guess as a way to not be taken off of YouTube I am not sure. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Where the ones above are almost half an hour long each, these are in more friendly bite sized chunks. Although I wish they were a bit longer as well. Short and sweet I guess as the saying goes. Anyway, just happened across these and thought maybe you all would like them. These are but a few of many. Enjoy!

Japanese brushes

Hand carved name seals.

The making of a bamboo tea whisk.

Edit: Oh... and I will never whine about the price of expertly hand crafted items ever again! ^^!

Back