Judgement Series

I think I'm now 23 hours in? Can't remember as I was super groggy and had to get to sleep lol.

Anyways, fully-maxed every school story I could do to that point (end of chapter 2), including boxing (which is AWESOME), so i'm now in Chapter 3. I'm going to get started on the bike club as soon as it gets dark and keeping my eyes open to complete the Rabbits.

I did a few side/practice battles with robotics and now have the sniper guns; holy crap do they ever make a difference in the battles, I can't wait to do a few more and upgrade a bit more! :D

I think I may head back to Kamurocho for a little bit, see if there are any records/decks/SMS games to buy, as I didn't check at the beginning of the game (having no money didn't help, but now I have 1.6 mil yen).

I really like the treasure boosts (all the boosts for that matter, but specifically the treasure boosts) that they added to this game; sure you need to work and find a restaurant that has them, but it REALLY helps with money in the early game (and may be useful in the mid and endgames as well).

All-in-all, the game is still super up to any expectation I could've had and (if you can't tell already, lol) I'm having such a great time with all of it, warts (if any) and all.

Will say the beginning of this game vs. the beginning of Judge Eyes, this game is definitely the better experience; I've read that this one isn't as strong as the first in the endgame, but the mids are about the same. CAN-NOT-WAIT! :D
If you plan on completing all of the side cases, you should probably track down the 6 free play passes for Dice and Cube and get the Paradise VR Upgraded! case out of the way early. Beating all 7 rivals on short should net you about 5 million yen, which will be enough to purchase the chips needed for most of the gambling related collectibles. Having some extra cash will also help a lot with robotics club, as some of the materials needed for the more advance parts are quite pricey.

Man, Iโ€™m on chapter 6 and havenโ€™t even gotten past the dancing stuff yet, and I thought I was being pretty thorough with the side stuff. Guess I gotta slow down a bit.

I
I think I'm now 23 hours in? Can't remember as I was super groggy and had to get to sleep lol.

Anyways, fully-maxed every school story I could do to that point (end of chapter 2), including boxing (which is AWESOME), so i'm now in Chapter 3. I'm going to get started on the bike club as soon as it gets dark and keeping my eyes open to complete the Rabbits.

I did a few side/practice battles with robotics and now have the sniper guns; holy crap do they ever make a difference in the battles, I can't wait to do a few more and upgrade a bit more! :D

I think I may head back to Kamurocho for a little bit, see if there are any records/decks/SMS games to buy, as I didn't check at the beginning of the game (having no money didn't help, but now I have 1.6 mil yen).

I really like the treasure boosts (all the boosts for that matter, but specifically the treasure boosts) that they added to this game; sure you need to work and find a restaurant that has them, but it REALLY helps with money in the early game (and may be useful in the mid and endgames as well).

All-in-all, the game is still super up to any expectation I could've had and (if you can't tell already, lol) I'm having such a great time with all of it, warts (if any) and all.

Will say the beginning of this game vs. the beginning of Judge Eyes, this game is definitely the better experience; I've read that this one isn't as strong as the first in the endgame, but the mids are about the same. CAN-NOT-WAIT! :D
I wish this stuff wasn't as addicting. I'm finishing all things up before the final scenes in the first game ATM. Annoying at times, but I can't stop. Almost done though.

If you plan on completing all of the side cases, you should probably track down the 6 free play passes for Dice and Cube and get the Paradise VR Upgraded! case out of the way early. Beating all 7 rivals on short should net you about 5 million yen, which will be enough to purchase the chips needed for most of the gambling related collectibles. Having some extra cash will also help a lot with robotics club, as some of the materials needed for the more advance parts are quite pricey.

I took about an hour, 15 and got all done (I lost once to Sugiura, beat everyone else on the first try) Saturday night and I didn't have to get the free pass, as I've found SO MANY play passes, while eating foods that net you treasure ;).

Even after all that, I still have 29 or 31. Yen, currently at 8,400,000+.

I'm in the end-part of chapter 4 and the plot is getting better and better as well; the fight with the
Liumang
has reminded me to keep some health items on hand, just in case and I've completed all the school stuff, while still locked on the 4 bigger stories that give you a trophy (Dance, Robotics, Boxing, Motorcycle). I like the motorcycle stuff actually; a lot have not been fans of it (on Gfaqs and the like), but the story of it isn't bad (not great, but not bad) and the gameplay mechanics for it are quite-decent.

The romancing with
Emily
was quite good and I feel this is the best of the, "dating," side stories of the whole series (with 3 being my favourite as you actually don't do anything but talk to the chicks, in the Western version lol), as it doesn't require you to waste a ton of time, doesn't require you to spend a lot of money and there is enough story and plot to make it work well.

I have, I think, 2 more sidecases, then off to chapter 5 and I'm hoping to get into the end-game for the school stuff, in chapter 6.

Really enjoying this game, just as much as the first (if not more).

In chapter 5 now and the main story is getting better and better, (though the
Blind-spot on the Shinjuku platform, I had a strong feeling would play a central part in things, despite not having seen what that is yet
) and while I'm not against the whole RK stuff, that was a bit of a detractor up to this point (that segment was fun though).

I've gone back to Ijincho to see what else I can polish off now (robotics and side cases) and I'm glad the robotics stuff has picked back up; that story is interesting so far and it is such a great feeling conquering the enemy :D (especially when you conquer them with LITERALLY 3 seconds left on the clock lol). The minigame could've been a bit better-implemented, but it actually is done quite well; you just need to spend some time and funds on it and you will reap the benefits.

Using the dog is fun, though it is a tad clunky: I feel this is a mechanic that needs a bit more-seasoning and refining, but it works more-than well-enough for its purpose.

But yeah, that main plot... getting even-better :D

In chapter 5 now and the main story is getting better and better, (though the
Blind-spot on the Shinjuku platform, I had a strong feeling would play a central part in things, despite not having seen what that is yet
) and while I'm not against the whole RK stuff, that was a bit of a detractor up to this point (that segment was fun though).

I've gone back to Ijincho to see what else I can polish off now (robotics and side cases) and I'm glad the robotics stuff has picked back up; that story is interesting so far and it is such a great feeling conquering the enemy :D (especially when you conquer them with LITERALLY 3 seconds left on the clock lol). The minigame could've been a bit better-implemented, but it actually is done quite well; you just need to spend some time and funds on it and you will reap the benefits.

Using the dog is fun, though it is a tad clunky: I feel this is a mechanic that needs a bit more-seasoning and refining, but it works more-than well-enough for its purpose.

But yeah, that main plot... getting even-better :D
I really did enjoy the story, but stand by my earlier comments re them dropping the ball with the investigative elements. The lack of a fail state or even diverging narrative paths ultimately makes any choice given to the player a pointless one. If the choices donโ€™t matter, Iโ€™d rather not have them. This isnโ€™t helped by some of the dialog options being a little clunky either (there were a few times when I felt like I was being punished for figuring out what was going on before they wanted me to), nor the often pointless active investigations that prevent me from progressing because I didnโ€™t interact with a lampshade and a stick of celery in the witnessโ€™ house.

lol I hear ya!

And yes, I agree that it appears they sacrificed a bit of the investigative elements for a more-gritty and involved crime story, as opposed to a story that is a touch lighter on plot, but has you doing more detective work.

Man, Iโ€™m in the middle of chapter 10 and I just installed the school DLC. I unlocked the boxing style and had no idea it could be used in the actual game. I havenโ€™t even gotten to the boxing club in school.

I just started the robotics club, and I gotta say, I donโ€™t care for any of this school stuff. If I have to play these robotic missions just to get to the boxing club JUST to unlock the combat skills to use in the main game, then Iโ€™m gonna be pissed. Someone please tell me this isnโ€™t the case!

Man, Iโ€™m in the middle of chapter 10 and I just installed the school DLC. I unlocked the boxing style and had no idea it could be used in the actual game. I havenโ€™t even gotten to the boxing club in school.

I just started the robotics club, and I gotta say, I donโ€™t care for any of this school stuff. If I have to play these robotic missions just to get to the boxing club JUST to unlock the combat skills to use in the main game, then Iโ€™m gonna be pissed. Someone please tell me this isnโ€™t the case!
You need to raise your Focus to level 2 to unlock the Boxing Gym. Unfortunately, the fastest way to do that will indeed be to progress through Robotics Club a little. Alternatively, you could raise Teamwork / Appeal through Dance Club and then raise Focus through either the Skaters investigation or the eSports Club.

I actually progressed to the boxing club like, 30 minutes after posting that earlier ๐Ÿ˜‚

I stopped at the second mission of the robotics club, unlocked two more clubs, and then finally the boxing club. Now Iโ€™ve just been working my way through that.

Just started chapter 6 and am back in Ijincho. Robotics is basically at the endgame (80%, IIRC) and the other 3 are still locked at 75%. I realise many online have been using 2 snipers for the secondary robots, but I truly find that using one of each type is working best (especially with the more-open courses). I'm a bit more confident now that I will complete it with ease, whereas prior to yesterday, I was worried I would struggle (but we'll see!)

Really enjoyed the bike gang stuff, last-time out (I have a really good hang of things now, so it's good when everything runs smoothly :D) and the boxing story has gotten to be brilliant! I think I said it before, but if not, I can definitely say that for side content, this is probably the best game in the entire series, I feel (with 5 coming in second).

And the main plot! It's getting soooooooo good too! :D lol I had never thought that
Mamiya
could have colluded with
Ehara
at first, but again, the
blindspot
has things making a ton of sense.

Can't wait to get home and get back to it; I am working the long shift next Saturday (not in 2 days), so I'd love to get a review out by then :D

Just started chapter 6 and am back in Ijincho. Robotics is basically at the endgame (80%, IIRC) and the other 3 are still locked at 75%. I realise many online have been using 2 snipers for the secondary robots, but I truly find that using one of each type is working best (especially with the more-open courses). I'm a bit more confident now that I will complete it with ease, whereas prior to yesterday, I was worried I would struggle (but we'll see!)
I ended up switching to a speedy main with a pair of machine gunners and had no trouble whatsoever after that. I just wish Iโ€™d made the change sooner rather than attempting to brute force it with a slow tank and a pair of speedy block collectors.
And the main plot! It's getting soooooooo good too! :D lol I had never thought that
Mamiya
could have colluded with
Ehara
at first, but again, the
blindspot
has things making a ton of sense.
I kind of saw this one coming a mile away, but I enjoyed the execution of the twist nonetheless. I havenโ€™t played every RGG Studio game (far from it, in fact), but of those that I have played, this is definitely the best when it comes to both story and side content.

I ended up switching to a speedy main with a pair of machine gunners and had no trouble whatsoever after that. I just wish Iโ€™d made the change sooner rather than attempting to brute force it with a slow tank and a pair of speedy block collectors.

I kind of saw this one coming a mile away, but I enjoyed the execution of the twist nonetheless. I havenโ€™t played every RGG Studio game (far from it, in fact), but of those that I have played, this is definitely the best when it comes to both story and side content.

Yeah, so you're also going the, "Two-Gunner," route.

I may do that in the end (I have more-than enough materials, thankfully), just a fully-upgraded Fortress with good speed, set to defend, has worked out so well for me and any spawning pickup close to the base, he goes out and gets it, no sweat.

As I wrote previously, I can definitely see how one wouldn't be too-thrilled about the entire minigame, but I've always been a fan of the, "build your teams/stats and customize, then let 'em duke it out!" -style of game.

Hokuto ga Gotoku is super-fun game and actually quite short, outside of the insane amount of extra content (went from chapter 1 to 6 in like 2 1/2 hours one night, to get a trophy), so if you've beaten it once, it is a great game for replay if you just want to play through the story again.

Got the latest DLC content myself. The boxing kind of feels weird with the actual combat, but after unlocking the moves, it starts to feel more comfortable.

Same; Rush was the LEAST-used for me. As much as people liked all the different combat styles, of the 8 in 0, literally 3, MAYBE 4 were at all useful/not gimmicky (and one of them had to be unlocked near the endgame, FFS), otherwise each was clunky and not fluid, unless you pressed a bunch of buttons randomly (not necessarily button-mashing, but close enough).

Anyways, in Chapter 8 right now and just finished off the Rabbits (FINALLY lol) and it was a satisfying conclusion to that little story. Going to finish up Robotics this afternoon (hopefully), then I'll probably wait until night and finish the Bikers, THEN boxing, as I'll save the better (best?) for last.

For main story... this was one of the first times I've felt furious at what happened onscreen, in a RGG/Yakuza title (the other time was probably Tamashiro's 2 asshole appearances in 3). Normally, videogame plots don't stir up too many emotions in me (unless they are happy ones, then it happens frequently), but Chapter 7 had me quite disturbed and angry.

They have absolutely knocked it out of the park, plot-wise.

Finished Lost Judgment with 19 hours on the clock - total completion - 13% :eek:

I did pretty much mainline the story though. Plenty of game there as it is!

Pretty good overall, but I don't think I'd play a third one. I don't think Yagami is a great lead if I'm honest, he's certainly no Ichiban. The supporting cast carry it.

I can't relate to Yagami at all. He looks like a 45 year old, dresses like a 20 year old, has the moral righteousness of a 70 year old (i mean, he don't half bang on about how morally righteous he is in the final chapters) , his method of transport is a Skateboard and he hangs around with school kids, lawyers and Yakuza. The guy is just plain weird

Kaito and the supporting cast are great though. I'd like to see them crop up again.

I believe he's supposed to be in his early to mid-30s, having grown up when skateboards were cool and 90s fashion and all that (not his fault Kimutaku is 50, but IRL, Kimutaku legit looks like he's still in his early 30s) and that includes the leather and jeans, wallet on a chain, etc.

He's an EXCELLENT actor and his performances in the 2 games and what I've seen in films, is top notch and perfectly suited to the roles he does.

BTW, what does, "he don't half bang on," mean? :LOL:

Back