Judgement was nominated for GOTY

It won't win. Its a great game (though personally it was my GOTY last year, thanks import copy!) a game with more core appeal will win. Something like Death Stranding will probably get more nominations on Kojima's name alone (I certainly can't wait to play it, but that's actually because of the huge empty world to explore, looks wonderful), Resident Evil 2 REmake, or heck Shenmue 3 since that should actually be out this year!

They are several months too early to be holding a GOTY poll. Dummies!

That said, Judgement looks great and I can't wait to give it a shot if it ever comes to PC.

It probably won't win. I'm a Sega fanboy. I'll vote for S3 if it will get nominated. If not, I'll vote for Judgement of course.

What's weirder, looking at all the awards that Golden Joysticks have up, is that Judgment didn't get nominated for best storytelling, something it should actually have a shot of winning. Nope. But hey, the literary masterpiece that Mortal Kombat 11 is nominated in that category, which killed any interest I had in the awards - MK has pretty much the best story in any fighting game, but its still a fighting game, so I just can't take it seriously. It'd be like nominating Castlevania Collection as one of the best Xbox One games of the year... oh wait, they did that as well. Xbox One games can't have been that thin on the ground this year right? (just to clarify, I love the CV games, but its just hilarious seeing decades old ports of games show up in a list of "best games of the year" list)

Yea idk if S3 will win any GOTY but heck we've already got Guinness world records (2 of em) so I'm cool. Now we'll just have to see if the industry will have smaller awards Shenmue 3 can sweep up later in the closing winter months to round up some award prestige.

if RGG wins this tho, it'll be a first and a huge landmark for Nagoshi.

Back