Just finished the game

Willom

A Superstar Rock
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Various
Spoilers ahead, in case you didn't realise this was the spoiler forum.

I went dark and took my sweet ass time because I wanted to enjoy it, and I did! Still missed some stuff though. Only found out in the last two hours that you can skip dialogue though. Would've been nice to know.
I got my Kung Fu to max fairly early on, so some fights were easier than they should've been probably. I actually enjoyed the combat after a while. It should've been explained more in game.

I actually really enjoyed finding Choubu chan. The little bird thing. Once I found the first one I probably spent the next three in game days just finding more of them. The Delish Dumplings one was really hard for some reason.

Niao Sun. I did not suspect it early on, but when she was sitting in the prize Cafe and I spoke to her there I thought "hold on a second..." and realised it could definitely be her. Seductive, beautiful. Just as she was described in that one CGI video from the 90s.

Some technical stuff. I ran the game on a PC with an SSD and each load time was less than 5 seconds, which was nice. Except for one before a cutscene which made me think the game crashed but it was fine after 10-15.

There were translation issues but that's part of the game's charm. I have no issue with them.

I knew after the castle burned that it'd be the ending, and then they started walking on the wall so I thought "oh maybe another chapter. Seems unlikely" and then I saw those infamous 4 words on the screen.
Here's something most people seem to disagree with me on, which is perfectly fine. A lot of people absolutely hated the last hour of the game and it ruined it for them. But I liked it a lot. In the two previous games there's an action packed part near the end (saving Nozomi, climbing the building in Kowloon to fight Dou Niu) and this felt the same. Plus, iirc, the old castle section was not in the original kickstarter. I may be remembering that wrong, but I seem to recall it being an added extra.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. For some reason I enjoyed the rest of the game more than Bailu, unlike everyone else it seems.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another 18 years for the next one.

Also, whose face was on the 25x lucky hit stand in the Golden Goose? I made a lot of money from that stand.

Last edited:
Back