Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Favourite title
Shenmue

This title looks very interesting and refreshing/fresh, even more impressive upon finding out it's a budget title. It appears to be very far removed from the mainstream 'edgy is cool', anti-hero and super-hero style of presentation found in most games. I sold my most recent PS4 Slim literally days before discovering this game, so I manifested another PS4 Pro a few days ago for dirt cheap so I can experience this when it comes out, I'm fairly excited. It's a timed release on PS5, PS4 and Windows in March 2021. It'll also be available on Xbox in the future. What are your thoughts?? Is anyone else interested in Kena?

I think the art design is quite interesting and I think I am going to purchase it for my Ps5 when it is released.

I think the art design is quite interesting and I think I am going to purchase it for my Ps5 when it is released.
Very cool! I've heard the PS5 version will have significant graphical upgrades such as all of the little black colored characters being able to be on screen at one time, apparently the PS4 version won't be able to render that.

Thats cool. But I think the PS4 version will also look decent and you are going to enjoy it. By the way did not know that it is coming in March already. That is really nice. Because my Ps5 gaming release schedule is non existant until May. on May 7 Re 8 is going to be the first PS5 game I purchased since Spiderman Miles Morales on Launch.

I will absolutely be picking this up as I enjoy games that evoke a spiritually rich atmosphere. Strangely, it reminds me of Avatar the Last Airbender.

I'd love it but it's only in Epic right? Would it be in steam someday?

Thats cool. But I think the PS4 version will also look decent and you are going to enjoy it. By the way did not know that it is coming in March already. That is really nice. Because my Ps5 gaming release schedule is non existant until May. on May 7 Re 8 is going to be the first PS5 game I purchased since Spiderman Miles Morales on Launch.
Yeah, it's slim pickings on XBX and PS5 until at least the fall this year, outside of Kena on PS and to a much lesser degree The Medium on XB there isn't anything too interesting coming out. Not a big horror game fan, but RE8 does look solid, most RE titles are well done. To a lesser degree, Hood: Outlaws & Legends also looks like it may be a decent budget title(I think $30 USD?)that's launching in May. If it has a single player mode it could be interesting, if its multiplayer only maybe not so much.

I will absolutely be picking this up as I enjoy games that evoke a spiritually rich atmosphere. Strangely, it reminds me of Avatar the Last Airbender.
That is exactly the reason I am drawn to it. I'm very picky with video games as most of what I base my life on is found in spirituality and science, so I don't get too much into mindless entertainment. However, some games like GTA 5 for example have their corn syrup or cotton candy empty calories that can actually be entertaining if they're psychologically satisfying or a nice social commentary on the state of the world, but sadly there haven't been too many franchises that tell a story of any spiritual or spiritual science based lore, or at least a truly vulnerable heroes journey without all the anti hero 'being dark is cool' or conventional do-gooder super hero type garbage. I find that spiritual energy in Shenmue above all else by far as well as the more recent Mortal Kombat lore mostly MK9 through MK11, the relatable Lara Croft character found in the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy that didn't exist in the dismal previous entries and of course Jin's journey in Ghost of Tsushima, but outside of that there isn't much. Kena has the potential to be something really unique in that regard, and I look forward to it!

Last edited:
They trailer looks great again. To bad we have to wait until August to play it. The game is not released as early as originally expected.
I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed again after August, I was literally hanging onto a PS4 Pro I took in on trade in 2 weeks ago just to play this in March lol, now I can get rid of the PS4 Pro, but I was hoping that Kena would come along as the PS Plus free game for March. Oh well.

Really love the look of this game!

If I ever decide to get a PS5, this will be high on my list for sure.
It's also coming to PS4 and Epic Games on PC if you have either of those.

It's also coming to PS4 and Epic Games on PC if you have either of those.
Oh damn, I didn't realise it was coming to PC too!

Day one for me in that case!

Oh damn, I didn't realise it was coming to PC too!

Day one for me in that case!
It's eventually going to make its way to Xbox and Steam but there's no disclosed time frame on that. Normally, I buy everything on Xbox first, GOG/Steam second and Epic or PlayStation last(I typically don't keep PS consoles unless a game grabs me), but now with a new mid-level gaming laptop I picked up last week I may be able to cut messing with PS consoles loose completely. Kena, much like Ghost of Tsushima and Shenmue 3 is a game that I would buy on any console ASAP.

It's eventually going to make its way to Xbox and Steam but there's no disclosed time frame on that. Normally, I buy everything on Xbox first, GOG/Steam second and Epic or PlayStation last(I typically don't keep PS consoles unless a game grabs me), but now with a new mid-level gaming laptop I picked up last week I may be able to cut messing with PS consoles loose completely. Kena, much like Ghost of Tsushima and Shenmue 3 is a game that I would buy on any console ASAP.
Yeah, I decided to forgo consoles this generation and build a PC instead. The only reason I'd pick up a PS5 is if there's an exclusive I really want to play, but I don't see that happening for a while yet at least. Will be curious to see how the experience compares 5 years down the line.

I used to be totally against Epic, but nowadays I don't really care as much as I used to. Launcher fragmentation seems pretty unavoidable these days so it's tough to fight.

Yeah, I decided to forgo consoles this generation and build a PC instead. The only reason I'd pick up a PS5 is if there's an exclusive I really want to play, but I don't see that happening for a while yet at least. Will be curious to see how the experience compares 5 years down the line.

I used to be totally against Epic, but nowadays I don't really care as much as I used to. Launcher fragmentation seems pretty unavoidable these days so it's tough to fight.
That's what I did with PS4. I bought my first one for Shenmue 3 and then a few more PS4 consoles later(I sell electronics for a living) I sought out a well priced PS4 for Ghost of Tsushima. Not a PS fan at all unless its on a rare occasion for an exclusive. Technically, Shenmue 3 being on PC makes Ghost of Tsushima the only PS4 exclusive I find worthwhile.

Back