Kena: Bridge of Spirits

AWESOME!! About 2 more months and I can bring the PS5 out of the closet for more than a few hours at a time for what I hope to be the game of the year. PlayStation had the game of the year for 2019 and 2020, here's hoping they'll do it again in 2021!

Last edited:

AWESOME!! About 2 more months and I can bring the PS5 out of the closet for more than a few hours at a time for what I hope to be the game of the year. PlayStation had the game of the year for 2019 and 2020, here's hoping they'll do it again in 2021!
The more I see of Kena the more I am impressed by it. They could have a sleeper hit on their hands here.

Every time I see this game it looks like something I want to play. I think there's a very real possibility that I lose track of it once it actually releases, though.

I do wonder, it kind of seems like the game might only really have one setting (the forest), outside of boss fights, and does that still provide enough visual variety for gamers who are probably very used to massive changes in scenery within a game. I don't feel the limited setting would be an issue, but I'm just sort of musing about some criticisms I could anticipate people coming up with on release.

Also, it was kind of striking to me that the voice for the main character has never done voice work before. I do think it shows in some ways, but for a total newby, she seems pretty darn good!

Every time I see this game it looks like something I want to play. I think there's a very real possibility that I lose track of it once it actually releases, though.

I do wonder, it kind of seems like the game might only really have one setting (the forest), outside of boss fights, and does that still provide enough visual variety for gamers who are probably very used to massive changes in scenery within a game. I don't feel the limited setting would be an issue, but I'm just sort of musing about some criticisms I could anticipate people coming up with on release.

Also, it was kind of striking to me that the voice for the main character has never done voice work before. I do think it shows in some ways, but for a total newby, she seems pretty darn good!
I see your point and share similar concerns. People will complain that the game isn't open world enough, and while I'd prefer to see this in an open world environment, they already announced it won't be but people will complain about it no doubt. I suspect my only complaint is that it will be too short since the developers said you can finish it over a weekend. I'd prefer something with an important and deep story like this appears to have be a lot longer, but I have faith in this being great regardless of it's length. I feel them charging $40 is an insult to the potential of this game, so much garbage releases at $60-$100 that this could easily sell for $60, but I do see what they're trying to accomplish by being a small and new studio. Besides if it hits a home run where it gets ranked high then it'll be even better that it was a budget title. I sense a sequel will follow if it does well. I'm honestly concerned about how it will sell though being that people tend to like anti-hero and dark/edgy type games and this is presented as the complete opposite of that and it's not shallow enough to be a Nintendo IP, so we will see what happens.

😔 ...well, at least it won't end up looking like CyberPunk?

In the mean time, the PS5 will continue to collect more dust.

Back