Kentaro Miura (Berserk) passes away at 54

I never read the manga but watched the anime as a kid and was blown away by the Golden Age arc. I would every few years read theories about Skull Knight or where the story was at present point being blown away by the depth and sheer world building.

I know it was a running joke he would pass before finishing the story but for him to go so young...feels unfair. I truly feel for everyone that was touched and inspired but his creation.

Damn...that sucks. I’ve only just caught up on Berserk in the past few years, even enjoyed the musou game. And it seems so much was inspired or influenced by him, like Yoko Taro or Fromsoft, even Square with FF7, so many others I’m sure. Way too young to go.

I blame Idolm@ster and Bandai. If they haven't tempted/distracted him away for years, Berserk would've been a finished fantasy epic.

Beserk has now joined the other work of fantasy epic that has seen this same tragedy,

A sad day indeed. Golden Age was peak for me as well.

I blame Idolm@ster and Bandai. If they haven't tempted/distracted him away for years, Berserk would've been a finished fantasy epic.

Beserk has now joined the other work of fantasy epic that has seen this same tragedy,

A sad day indeed. Golden Age was the peak for me as well.
Much like you, I loved the dark fantasy epic of the Berserk manga as much as the Conan-inspired Guin Saga. I hope someone of equal caliber to Miura will take up and finish realizing his vision. Similar to Conan the Barbarian.

75.jpg

This is really sad. I love the old original anime series,
i love the manga, the characters, the art style ...
there are scenes in all of it that i will never forget.
I even played the musou Berserk game for like 300 hours.
The whole Berserk universe will always have a place in my heart.
Dont be too sure about your safety Griffith, Guts is still on his way.

I've collected his work since 2008. I was shocked when I just heard about it yesterday.

Unless it was Miura's last request, I don't think his benefactors will finish his work now. I know how the fanbase are, and they'll be pissed if they'll turn it into a cash cow.are

But yeah, I can imagine how upset the fans worldwide are right now.

I have been a fan for 25 years. And it is sad that we have lost him. I love the Dreamcast and PS2 games a lot. I love where the story was going. Unless he left some notes or his assistants or wife know anything, I think they can continue it (it happened with one manga before where the author died and their spouse, who knew everything, continued it).

Back