Kickstarter Backer Telephone Card Bonus Conversations

Vasid

Fixer
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Something old on my PVM
I'm curious about the telephone card given to backers, on the kickstarter page it says the following about it:
Get an international phone card (in-game item) to call Nozomi, Guizhang Chen, Ine-san, Joy, Fuku-san, or other characters from Shenmue 1 & 2.

This item will unlock phone conversations and flashback scenes available only to Kickstarter Backers. Keep your friends close with S3 World Telecom.
But we also know there are in-game telecom cards you can buy and call all of these people. My question is does the backer phonecard in S3 unlock special conversations or is it just the same as the other cards only unlimited use? Backers who got the card, what do you think? Do we have any backers who also own another version who can check to see if conversations are different or have more options?

So I have the backer unlimited phone card and I don't know if it's different for people without it but if you call someone twice in a row the second conversation is different from the first. Not sure if that second conversation happens if you switch phone cards.

I have the backer card and have been getting the same conversation every time I call someone. I didn't try using one of the normal cards or calling the same person multiple times on the same day. Has anyone gotten different conversations when calling someone only once a day over the course of a few days?

I have the backer card and have been getting the same conversation every time I call someone. I didn't try using one of the normal cards or calling the same person multiple times on the same day. Has anyone gotten different conversations when calling someone only once a day over the course of a few days?

You have to call the same person right away, that's how you get the second conversation.

Well I guess what we need to know now is if someone with a normal card can get the second conversations.

Well I guess what we need to know now is if someone with a normal card can get the second conversations.
Can't someone just try one? You can buy them from shops or the hotel I think. I might try it tonight and compare.

Is there a 3rd conversation if you call the same person 3 times in one day? Not tried this yet.

I've been getting completely different conversations with the backer card and the in-game card. I thought this was fairly obvious and now I'm confused. The in-game cards usually have the same conversation but the backer card definitely has different and unique content in my experience.

No, I'm playing on PS4 and don't get the phone card. Are they aware of that problem?
Interesting. Well just to make sure: not every backer got a card, just those who backed high enough. Still if you backed high enough and redeemed the DLC code you got from fangamer (which is how you can tell if you backed high enough, they would give you a DLC code) then it should show up in game for you. If not I'd contact YSnet quickly at [email protected]

Interesting. Well just to make sure: not every backer got a card, just those who backed high enough. Still if you backed high enough and redeemed the DLC code you got from fangamer (which is how you can tell if you backed high enough, they would give you a DLC code) then it should show up in game for you. If not I'd contact YSnet quickly at [email protected]

Yes I checked again, it's the Collector Edition tier for 250$, so the card should be included. And I got other stuff successfully from this tier like the alternative in-game jacket.
Or am I maybe too stupid to see it? Could somebody maybe post a screenshot, where this card would appear in their menu and how it looks?

Back