Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birty

PSN
Birty2k
XBL
Birty2k
Hello Everyone,

We want to make sure that the Backers are aware that we are listening to their concerns. We kindly ask all our fans to have some patience, we are currently at E3 demoing the game and need to get back to our respective offices to assess the situation and together find a way forward to justify the trust you placed in us.

Thank you for your patience and support.

I have a feeling they will announce something that will be right for everyone, hopefully the damage isn’t irreparable.

You can always repair damage. Will everyone be satisfied ? No, because some people are idiots. But positive PR is better than just sticking their fingers into their ears. I'm glad they're listening and really hope they do the right thing.

Literally one of the first comments I see underneath is someone peddling the “you stole our money” line.

Fuck this is maddening! Truly fucking maddening at this point! Fuck this whole drama has become so god damn ridiculously retarded.

It’s almost like the words “subject to change” doesn’t mean anything to people. If you’re rationally upset about it then fine, but some of these people and their “Yu stole our money” lines are just infuriating. Truly infuriating at this point.

Just give them the Steam keys to shut them up at this point because it’s getting really tiring to hear these stupid bullshit lines.

Title changes to match Kickstarter update.

Literally one of the first comments I see underneath is someone peddling the “you stole our money” line.

Fuck this is maddening! Truly fucking maddening at this point! Fuck this whole drama has become so god damn ridiculously retarded.

It’s almost like the words “subject to change” doesn’t mean anything to people. If you’re rationally upset about it then fine, but some of these people and their “Yu stole our money” lines are just infuriating. Truly infuriating at this point.

Just give them the Steam keys to shut them up at this point because it’s getting really tiring to hear these stupid bullshit lines.

Meh its quite clear Yu hasn't stole our money as we've seen gameplay these last few days. The game is clearly being made. Kickstarter comments will forever be a cesspit. Rational upset is fine but that comment is plain stupid.

Title changes to match Kickstarter update.

Meh its quite clear Yu hasn't stole our money as we've seen gameplay these last few days. The game is clearly being made. Kickstarter comments will forever be a cesspit. Rational upset is fine but that comment is plain stupid.

I know, this is just a frustrated rant. I’m just sick of hearing that line over and over again.

I know what you're feeling. Some people will still be dumb. But I don't think it's right either to claim people aren't in their right. Even though some might abuse it. But I have faith that YsNet and Deep Silver will do the right thing.

I know what you're feeling. Some people will still be dumb. But I don't think it's right either to claim people aren't in their right. Even though some might abuse it. But I have faith that YsNet and Deep Silver will do the right thing.

I didn’t say that though. I understand people who have rational complaints. That’s fine. I get it. I’m talking about the people who are peddling the bullshit they stole our money line.

They sh
Deep Silver should have been the first ones to know about the EGS backlash.

I feel bad for YS, he was probably so blindsided.

They might have known it, just thougt the extra Money from Epic outweights the angry backer. Happy backers but not enough Money to go own is not the best Scenario from a buisness Point of view.

But they seem to react know. And I really hope that the backers get the steam key or some other type of compenstation that makes the backers happy.

I didn’t say that though. I understand people who have rational complaints. That’s fine. I get it. I’m talking about the people who are peddling the bullshit they stole our money line.

At some point, we have to accept that there'll be angry people no matter what. It's not only a Steam thing. Just a few weeks ago we had people crying for a coin.

At some point, we have to accept that there'll be angry people no matter what. It's not only a Steam thing. Just a few weeks ago we had people crying for a coin.

True, still just maddening to hear for the last few days. I could point them to some kickstarters that have truly taken people’s money and given nothing in return. At least YSNET has a product to give.

Anyways this is just me venting frustration from seeing that line all week so think nothing of it.

They might have known it, just thougt the extra Money from Epic outweights the angry backer. Happy backers but not enough Money to go own is not the best Scenario from a buisness Point of view.
Of course the money is what motivates them, but the way of portraying it, not saying 1 year exclusive (being kinda coy about it, probably has to do with the contract, but then they decided to say it semi publicly in a couple of days), to the harsh refusal in the mails to backers.
They already had the problem with Metro, they should have known better, it was a bitter moment for everyone.

True, still just maddening to hear for the last few days. I could point them to some kickstarters that have truly taken people’s money and given nothing in return. At least YSNET has a product to give.

Well, that's why I feel double maddened here. I'm just as mad as many people here to see people going on and saying "it's a scam" "Yu Suzuki should get cancer and die". And yet I'm also stuck between the "People are just whining for nothing". But it's true, at least Shenmue III is happening. And I'm glad it is. And I'm sure we can sort things out if they do the right thing here.

The backlash was hard to avoid after Things happend with Metro. But they should have warned the backers in advance and offer a steam key or some other good compensation what have helped a lot. At least from the backers Point of view. There would be still a backlash in the Shenmue Backer community but that that big. Maybe..

Well, that's why I feel double maddened here. I'm just as mad as many people here to see people going on and saying "it's a scam" "Yu Suzuki should get cancer and die". And yet I'm also stuck between the "People are just whining for nothing". But it's true, at least Shenmue III is happening. And I'm glad it is. And I'm sure we can sort things out if they do the right thing here.

Like I said, I don’t have a problem if your complaints are rational. I get it. They promised one thing and didn’t deliver. I understand why people have ire about that. I truly do.

Personally I don’t have ire about it because of the whole “subject to change” line. It was never fully guaranteed. Hell, the game itself could have been cancelled at any time. Let’s say hypothetically they went into bankruptcy and couldn’t finish the game. What would people do then?

I guess that’s why I look at it as nothing is truly guaranteed and things are subject to change. And this isn’t to blindly defend YSNET. I’ve said before their wording was terrible. Their PR was on this was terrible. The way they delivered the blow was truly awful and they need to take one on the chin.

But i also understand they’ve been busy this week and they haven’t had the time to fully address it so why get irrational about anything? People just need to have patience and wait until they have time to address it.

I’m not blindly defending YSNET. They stuffed up in their delivery of this blow.

I just can’t get mad about it. But I know why others do have a problem with it and I understand their complaints. I may not agree entirely but I do get those rational complaints.

I think the easiest solution for this is for Deep Silver and YSNET to give day one steam codes to the backers who opted for it. General sale remains on Epic Game Store. But at least honour the backers who opted for Steam.

That to me is the easiest fix if possible and I hope they do it.

Like I said, I don’t have a problem if your complaints are rational. I get it. They promised one thing and didn’t deliver. I understand why people have ire about that. I truly do.

Personally I don’t have ire about it because of the whole “subject to change” line. It was never fully guaranteed. Hell, the game itself could have been cancelled at any time. Let’s say hypothetically they went into bankruptcy and couldn’t finish the game. What would people do then?

I guess that’s why I look at it as nothing is truly guaranteed and things are subject to change. And this isn’t to blindly defend YSNET. I’ve said before their wording was terrible. Their PR was on this was terrible. The way they delivered the blow was truly awful and they need to take one on the chin.

But i also understand they’ve been busy this week and they haven’t had the time to fully address it so why get irrational about anything? People just need to have patience and wait until they have time to address it.

I’m not blindly defending YSNET. They stuffed up in their delivery of this blow.

I just can’t get mad about it. But I know why others do have a problem with it and I understand their complaints. I may not agree entirely but I do get those rational complaints.

I think the easiest solution for this is for Deep Silver and YSNET to give day one steam codes to the backers who opted for it. General sale remains on Epic Game Store. But at least honour the backers who opted for Steam.

That to me is the easiest fix if possibly and I hope they do it.

Then again, I agree. I can understand the disappointment, or even the anger. Not the madness we're seeing. But I also cant stop thinking that all of that could've been avoided if all parties did things properly. I genuinely think that YsNet didn't knew about the reaction that would happen. Which makes the situation far worse because they publishing partner, the one who took the Epic deal, knew. And they may not have gave YsNet all the informations here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back