Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is fucked up. The way I rationalize tomato is that it's a botanical fruit but a culinary vegetable.
During my shenmue pilgrimage I stopped in hunan and they have a dessert there (I'm sure it's in other parts of China) of chilled tomatoes cut up with sugar. The pieces of tomato tasted below average but the juice off the tomatoes mixed with the sugar was very tasty and it did help cool me down . Also had herbal tea they said it would help cool me down I was very doubtful. About 10 mins after finishing it I couldn't believe how much my body temperature had reduced.

Honestly, I dont mind the DLCs nor the season pass. But I feel like that, as a good will gesture, they should give the season pass to backers over 80 dollars or even 100 dollars. That'd be 21 000 backers for over 80 dollars. 19 000 backers for over 100 dollars.

Hmm perhaps. I'm not sure I agree, but then I'm looking at things from the perspective of a business and not as a backer. In the event Shenmue 3 doesn't quite sell as well as projected, or flops, having another revenue stream from backers in the form of DLC would be smart.

We'll have to see though, because there's a lot of backlash with the whole Epic saga, let alone all the whinging about Collector's Editions, DLC and waiting for the Trial version, so they will probably have to do something to get backers back on side.

I always looked at the KS as the way to show publishers (Sega specifically) that there is a viable market for the Shenmue IP. That's all I care about and could careless about my rewards or my name in the credits. There was always this notion that Shenmue isn't profitable and the KS was to show them that there is something there. I know I'm in the minority out of all the backers but I really don't care about my rewards.

I'm glad there are bonuses and collector editions outside of the Kickstarter. I can better justify buying PSN Digital Deluxe, Gamestop physical order, and the collector version because they all come with unique items.

Also, I'm glad backers do not get the DLC pass because that's more revenue and most backers are fans that will buy the Season Pass. The pass was never promised to backers, so there is no controversy or right to complain about that

Itd
Honestly, I dont mind the DLCs nor the season pass. But I feel like that, as a good will gesture, they should give the season pass to backers over 80 dollars or even 100 dollars. That'd be 21 000 backers for over 80 dollars. 19 000 backers for over 100 dollars.
itd be really cool if they threw that option to the people who tried backing the steam key.

Itd

itd be really cool if they threw that option to the people who tried backing the steam key.
I agree with this if Steam keys are not given to backers on Day 1 and have to wait a year. If the backers do get Day 1 Steam key, than no DLC pass.

Can't believe ppl are upset over a season pass. At this point we might aswell demand that shenmue 3 be released for free and Yu Suzuki pay us to play it.

Right? I've tried to be silent about this everywhere, because I know it's going to lead to me losing my cool and I don't have time to argue with dumb asses. And I'm not directing that at the Dojo, because discussion is usually level-headed and by true fans here. But Facebook, Kickstarter and YouTube comments? Wow. This past week should have been an amazing time for a Shenmue fan. A massive Shenmue III banner hang high at the entrance of E3, and we got so much great footage that showed how well this game has been shaping up.

I don't say this to sound elite, but there isn't a damn soul who invested as much into this game financially as me. Not from a fan standpoint, at least. I already invested enough to buy a car with before pre-orders came available, and now I've already pre-ordered the retail version 13 times. Personally, I couldn't give a single fuck if every copy I bought comes shipped in a paper bag with "Shinmuu" scribbled on it with a crayon. I seriously don't. I don't care if the copies they send aren't even "Shinmuu" at all. If they were copies of Floigan Bros on Dreamcast and I had to buy it yet again in order to play it, I would without saying a word.

For so, so long, I have prayed to Satan, God, extraterrestrials or whatever the fuck is out there to either get Shenmue III funded by a company, or allow us the chance to do it. It finally happened, and people have been ungrateful fuckers ever since. People have bitched about wanting to see the game, but complain about every detail every time the team have given us anything. As if video games don't take time to get created and polished, you know? Bitch bitch, whine whine. Now Epic gets involved, which has probably already given the team three times the money that would have been made if it dropped on Steam day one. Not only that, but Epic seem to actually give a damn about advertising it. Shenmue III, remember that game?

So this Epic deal will help remedy the problems people have complained about, as well as ensure we'll get a Shenmue IV, V and VI. But are people happy? Nope. Yu Suzuki is a fucking sell out and thief, people say. Never mind the fact that he should be by the beach somewhere enjoying retirement right now, but instead he's sleeping in his office and working his ass off. So now all these $29 or $60 donations (key word) that broke so many poor wittle banks where just in vain! Damn, folks, let's pirate the game now and really show them! Show who? You'll only be showing everyone how retarded you are if you retract your donation just to steal the game you've waited 18 years for. And now we've even got people who are offended that Yu wants to complete the series as originally intended. What in the actual fuck is going on? CERN certainly had to throw us into some alternate universe where nothing makes a shard of sense. Every time I think about all the nonsense going on, I almost wish Yu would tell everyone to go to hell and cancel the game. He doesn't deserve this bullshit.

Rant over.

Right? I've tried to be silent about this everywhere, because I know it's going to lead to me losing my cool and I don't have time to argue with dumb asses. And I'm not directing that at the Dojo, because discussion is usually level-headed and by true fans here. But Facebook, Kickstarter and YouTube comments? Wow. This past week should have been an amazing time for a Shenmue fan. A massive Shenmue III banner hang high at the entrance of E3, and we got so much great footage that showed how well this game has been shaping up.

I don't say this to sound elite, but there isn't a damn soul who invested as much into this game financially as me. Not from a fan standpoint, at least. I already invested enough to buy a car with before pre-orders came available, and now I've already pre-ordered the retail version 13 times. Personally, I couldn't give a single fuck if every copy I bought comes shipped in a paper bag with "Shinmuu" scribbled on it with a crayon. I seriously don't. I don't care if the copies they send aren't even "Shinmuu" at all. If they were copies of Floigan Bros on Dreamcast and I had to buy it yet again in order to play it, I would without saying a word.

For so, so long, I have prayed to Satan, God, extraterrestrials or whatever the fuck is out there to either get Shenmue III funded by a company, or allow us the chance to do it. It finally happened, and people have been ungrateful fuckers ever since. People have bitched about wanting to see the game, but complain about every detail every time the team have given us anything. As if video games don't take time to get created and polished, you know? Bitch bitch, whine whine. Now Epic gets involved, which has probably already given the team three times the money that would have been made if it dropped on Steam day one. Not only that, but Epic seem to actually give a damn about advertising it. Shenmue III, remember that game?

So this Epic deal will help remedy the problems people have complained about, as well as ensure we'll get a Shenmue IV, V and VI. But are people happy? Nope. Yu Suzuki is a fucking sell out and thief, people say. Never mind the fact that he should be by the beach somewhere enjoying retirement right now, but instead he's sleeping in his office and working his ass off. So now all these $29 or $60 donations (key word) that broke so many poor wittle banks where just in vain! Damn, folks, let's pirate the game now and really show them! Show who? You'll only be showing everyone how retarded you are if you retract your donation just to steal the game you've waited 18 years for. And now we've even got people who are offended that Yu wants to complete the series as originally intended. What in the actual fuck is going on? CERN certainly had to throw us into some alternate universe where nothing makes a shard of sense. Every time I think about all the nonsense going on, I almost wish Yu would tell everyone to go to hell and cancel the game. He doesn't deserve this bullshit.

Rant over.
Agree with every word of this. We're currently living in the best timeline, but there has just been no pleasing some people since the very day this game began development. I understand the concern and controversy around the Epic exclusivity, but even prior to that there was just so much negativity and cynicism.

Back on topic, I'm indifferent around pineapple on pizza.

Rant over.

I hear ya brother. Unfortunately, we now live in the outrage era where its somehow attractive to be entitled to the universe for free, offended by everything, and cool to throw a diva fit at every opportunity. It's also super cool to jump on the banwagon and attack people and shame them. The world has truly gone mad.

I really do hope the steam backers get their keys or a refund, or a good will gesture as I personally believe they do deserve it, and im sure they will get it with a bit of patience. However, the constant abuse that i've seen is unbelievable. Even my 5 year old nephew is more mature than these people.

"im offended that Shenmue is only 40% complete. Im offended that people who preorder from gamestop get a 2cm pendant. Im offended that there is a season pass. Im offended there is a retail special edition. Im offended that im offended. Yu Suzuki, give it to me all for free. I didn't pledge or pay for any of it, but i want it for FREE.

Here's an idea, get a bloody life and grow up.

I mean, how will these people survive in the real world?? They'll get eaten alive.

Our only saving grace is that the game releases in 4 months. Im sure they'll be another target these people will go after eventually and Suzuki can get back to work in peace. After hearing the amount of money offered to Samurai Showdown from EPIC, im not surprised Ysnet signed with them. They've practically guaranteed Shenmue 4 for us. Although, you're right, if Suzuki did say, "Fu*k this, i came out of retirement for this nonsense, the hell with it". I wouldn't blame him one bit.

The steam situation should hopefully be cleared up by this time next week. Although, we all know these self offended ppl will still find some reason to complain and throw abuse.

Those who have been affected by the steam issue and have been civil and respectful throughout. You have my respect. I'm sure things will get sorted out very soon. Hang in there.

ipanews_6fccedaf-ac72-4cc4-b2e3-f820118918e0_1

Last edited:
I am late to the pizza party, but just two things:
  • I adore pineapple pizza
  • We must open a pizza thread on Off Topic, too much to discuse

Not sure you have Aldi in Spain but if you do and also UK pizza fans, I recommend aldi sweet chilli chicken pizza incredible value and taste.

During my shenmue pilgrimage I stopped in hunan and they have a dessert there (I'm sure it's in other parts of China) of chilled tomatoes cut up with sugar. The pieces of tomato tasted below average but the juice off the tomatoes mixed with the sugar was very tasty and it did help cool me down . Also had herbal tea they said it would help cool me down I was very doubtful. About 10 mins after finishing it I couldn't believe how much my body temperature had reduced.

Was it very hot there?

Was it very hot there?

Very! Never dropped below 30 degrees accept night time still was hot though. Thankfully fans and AC were in apartment
and hotels I was staying. Spicy food everywhere aswell. I hate spicy food so tended to do my own shopping. In China the supermarkets are spread out on different floors so they have these special escalators you can take trolleys on. They also remove any carrier bags / backpacks you bring into supermarket and lock it in a locker, I guess to stop shoplifting. Stayed in Guangzhou,Hunan and guilin took around 4 months traveling in total. Wanted to see Hong kong but ran out of money. Also never saw fenghuang county (this was years before s3) which I believe the village in shenmue 3 is based off.

Ooooooo, I love spicy food! The spicier the better!

We have our next Dojo food fight: spicy or no? BTW you spice haters are wimps. smug face
Spicy 4 Life. Love me some hot spicy food.

Just read some of the Kickstarter comments for a bit. Yikes, what a mob mentality. I'd rather talk about pizza than those folks. Give the backers their Steam keys but no refunds. Dont open that floodgate by issuing refunds to anyone.

Last edited:
Not sure you have Aldi in Spain but if you do and also UK pizza fans, I recommend aldi sweet chilli chicken pizza incredible value and taste.

Chicken on a pizza, what the hell?! You brute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back