Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also lol:

Saying Pokemon Sword and Shield looks like a 3DS game is as wrong as those who claim Shenmue 3 looks like a PS3 or even a PS2 game.

DQVIII3DS_May272015_02.jpg

Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Screenshot-E3-2019-3.jpg

Or, objectively speaking, it really isn't important.

And Shenmue 3 is leaving out throw moves, an arguably bigger omission and I would like to think we got over it. I did.

Objectively speaking it is important, that is why so many are disappointed, if it did not matter then that wouldnt be the case. Its just that it isnt important to you personally but your personal opinion doesnt get to override or dictate everyone elses. And Shenmue 3 is a kickstarter game, built on limited funds, even with the further deals, it is understandable that there will be compromises, so its not comparable to Nintendo/GameFreak's development on Pokemon which is a multi billion dollar franchise. Theres little excuse for those companies to be so stuck with their heads in the ground.

And yeah, I do still think no throw moves being in Shenmue 3 sucks. But I understand the context behind why, so I can forgive and deal with it. Doesnt mean I like it.

As for it looking like an up res 3DS game, that's clearly bollocks. Are we even looking at the same game? It looks a million times bigger and more vast than a 3DS game.

Game looks bad bro.

It looks worse than Wii games.

People have been comparing to N64 textures.

Last edited:
Also lol:

Saying Pokemon Sword and Shield looks like a 3DS game is as wrong as those who claim Shenmue 3 looks like a PS3 or even a PS2 game.

DQVIII3DS_May272015_02.jpg

Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Screenshot-E3-2019-3.jpg

Why are you using a 3ds port of a ps2 game to make your point?

Also, he said uprezzed. Have you ever seen high resolution 3ds games via emulation?

They look like this.

So yes, the new Pokémon game does look like an uprezzed 3ds game.

Why are you using a 3ds port of a ps2 game to make your point?

Also, he said uprezzed. Have you ever seen high resolution 3ds games via emulation?

They look like this.

So yes, the new Pokémon game does look like an uprezzed 3ds game.

Pokemon Sword and Shield still look better :rolleyes:

And I didn't use that as an example. ShenmueTree did.

If it's fun, who cares?

The subject of the debate is that the new Pokemon doesn’t have traditional Pokémon features like Pokémon transfer.

So even that debate doesn’t carry over.

I’m not even a Pokémon fan really.

Pokemon Sword and Shield still look better :rolleyes:

It barely does.

I think I’m noticing a pattern with Reprise and it’s dismissing other people’s criticisms as not being important because it’s not important to him personally.

Did people actually expect Pokemon: Breath of the Wild edition? ShenmueTree actually hit the nail on the head when he basically said Game Freak only made incremental updates between each game.

I'm not saying it's a stunning game or a technical masterpiece. All I was saying it is better than just an upres of a 3DS game, because it is. I'd love Digital Foundry to look into the games when they're released and debate whether it would be feasible on the 3DS without any downgrades (other than resolution) or massive framerate drops.

Edit: Sorry Jibby. I'll drop the discussion or take it up in a Pokemon thread if anyone starts one.

Edit: Sorry Jibby. I'll drop the discussion or take it up in a Pokemon thread if anyone starts one.
Don't worry about it! I appreciate that you probably didn't see my post until you'd already posted.

Did people actually expect Pokemon: Breath of the Wild edition? ShenmueTree actually hit the nail on the head when he basically said Game Freak only made incremental updates between each game.

I'm not saying it's a stunning game or a technical masterpiece. All I was saying it is better than just an upres of a 3DS game, because it is. I'd love Digital Foundry to look into the games when they're released and debate whether it would be feasible on the 3DS without any downgrades (other than resolution) or massive framerate drops.

Honestly, I'm not bothered by the way Pokémon looks. But as opposed to Shenmue, I can get why people gets more upset.
Pokémon is a guaranteed 10M units sold for each games. They make a shiton of money. They make yearly 10 million seller titles. They're not running out of cash. So I think people would love that GF takes a bit more time, have a bigger team and indeed makes an amazing game.

Also, the problem with Pokémon isn't only that they made "incremental updates". It's also that some features disappear between each game. New game introduce a new feature... and removes a feature that was introduced before.

I can forgive Shenmue III for having weird animations (even though I still believe if they don't fix them... the game will be torn appart). While I'm still a bit upset by no throws, I got over it. But the game will always have the excuse to at least aim as high as it could with its budget. It's a small team, a small budget.

The same wouldn't be true if they had a huge team and big budget.

People just expect more.

It's technically the first full rpg console Pokemon release. On a system with Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey people expect more, rightfully.

Pokemon is one of the most popular franchises of all time. They can afford and it rather than go all out for the first mainline console version of Pokemon they half assed it.

So I get it.

FYI, this is Digimon on PS4.

One big problem is allowing Pokemon to transfer between games to begin with. Surely they should expected in 10, 20, 30 years that eventually the bloat would crush the games as they get more and more complex? SMT wisely does not allow transfer of demons and each new SMT has its own demon compendium, including full on redesign of classic demons (for example, Angel pre SMTIII and Angel post-SMTIII. Now Pokemon has over 800 Pokemon crushing it and this limits what they can do.

Given a warning by Jibby this will be my final post on the subject. Sorry Jibby for continuing this.

Last edited:
FYI, this is Digimon on PS4.

I also want to point out that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth on PS4 is actually an upscaled Vita game. Game Freak really has no excuse, build from the ground up for Switch and it still looks terrible.

Edit: Just saw Jibbly's warning. Delete this post if neccessary. I'd delete it myself but doesn't seem to be an option on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back