Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

It shouldn't be far off being delivered now then.
Check your tracking and see what it says. If it helps I can compare what yours says to mine and how much further yours has to go.
Last update I have says it departed Toronto December 17th. I am in Vancouver, Canada and generally shouldn’t take this long.

Yay! The rest of my items just arrived. That brings my Kickstarter journey to a close.

Backer shit.jpg

This was the first Kickstarter I ever backed and honestly - aside from a small army trying to ruin it for everyone - it has been such an enjoyable ride with a wonderful sense of community. I feel chuffed I got the once-in-a-lifetime chance to feel a small part of Shenmue's history. Playing Shenmue 3 and seeing our photos at the Save Shenmue shrine, our messages in the guestbook, or our names in the credits etc I love how this game has truly been made for the fans by the fans.

I know the devs have ruled out further crowdfunding options for Shenmue 4, but I had such a blast that I would gladly back another Kickstarter if YS Net needed it.

Yay! The rest of my items just arrived. That brings my Kickstarter journey to a close.

View attachment 10099

This was the first Kickstarter I ever backed and honestly - aside from a small army trying to ruin it for everyone - it has been such an enjoyable ride with a wonderful sense of community. I feel chuffed I got the once-in-a-lifetime chance to feel a small part of Shenmue's history. Playing Shenmue 3 and seeing our photos at the Save Shenmue shrine, our messages in the guestbook, or our names in the credits etc I love how this game has truly been made for the fans by the fans.

I know the devs have ruled out further crowdfunding options for Shenmue 4, but I had such a blast that I would gladly back another Kickstarter if YS Net needed it.
My feelings mirror yours almost identically. I was incredibly happy to help make it happen. Yu Suzuki is an old man now, and to think that he held the torch for Shenmue for two decades is not only the epitome of dedication, it more than deserves the 300 dollars I contributed toward the Kickstarter. If he could have made S3 without the help of outside contributions AND maintained creative control, I'm sure he would have. The dedicated fanbase made this game possible. I can't think of a better badge of honor. And just like you, I'd also gladly pledge to another campaign.

Side note: Dude! Do you have a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga?! That's one of my favorite RPG's of all time!

Side note: Dude! Do you have a copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga?! That's one of my favorite RPG's of all time!
Yep I do, I've actually been playing it over this New Year's. It's a brilliant game isn't it? One of my favourites. 🙂

Here's hoping Forever Entertainment (or whoever else) put out a faithful remaster/remake for modern consoles.

I was going to say the same thing about Panzer Dragoon Saga! I'm lucky in that I have a copy too. Funny story; about 15 years ago, I bought a 2nd hand copy of a blink-182 live album for 50p that for some bizarre reason sold on eBay for £77. I got a friend of mine to buy me a copy of Saga for £82...i'm still astonished that I got the game for about a fiver! This was the same fellow that beat me to a copy of Deep Fear for £5 by 5 seconds...

Anyway; I played disc 1 to death as it was a freebie from Sega Saturn Magazine. I could finish Disc 1 in 1h 10m !!

We live in an age of remasters, remakes, and re-imaginings.
There is no way this game stays buried forever.

...Plus, wasn't the Blade Runner source code MIA for a long time? Well, they eventually reverse-engineered that one back to life. The original is out on GOG, with an enhanced version coming out later this year everywhere else.

Finally got my kickstarter rewards today, on a Sunday of all days.

What's up with the CD? I couldn't open the case because of the cardboard cover on the outside. And worst of all it's still in Japanese. I can't read Japanese. All this time and no one bothered to translate it and print it in English? The soundtrack I've been anticipating finally shows up and it's as useless to me as the digital version.

Not cool.

Finally got my kickstarter rewards today, on a Sunday of all days.

What's up with the CD? I couldn't open the case because of the cardboard cover on the outside. And worst of all it's still in Japanese. I can't read Japanese. All this time and no one bothered to translate it and print it in English? The soundtrack I've been anticipating finally shows up and it's as useless to me as the digital version.

Not cool.

It's an obi/spine card, japanese games and music cds have these going back decades, it's usually so they can print the barcode on them and not the back insert (though sometimes they do both anyway) ¯_(ツ)_/¯

s-l300.jpg

It's an obi/spine card, japanese games and music cds have these going back decades, it's usually so they can print the barcode on them and not the back insert (though sometimes they do both anyway) ¯_(ツ)_/¯

s-l300.jpg
What are you supposed to do with it? I just peeled it off, it had a small amount of glue and came off easily.

Have all of you guys edited the songs or have you stored the cd away as a collector's item? Why am I the only person who seems to be annoyed all the cd info is in Japanese? I wanted to put it right to my phone but when I saw the text, I put it in the drawer. I made a topic asking for translations but the titles are all different based on who is translating it.

What are you supposed to do with it? I just peeled it off, it had a small amount of glue and came off easily.

Have all of you guys edited the songs or have you stored the cd away as a collector's item? Why am I the only person who seems to be annoyed all the cd info is in Japanese? I wanted to put it right to my phone but when I saw the text, I put it in the drawer. I made a topic asking for translations but the titles are all different based on who is translating it.
Might be one to ask @Switch to translate. I'm not too fussed about it personally but I can see the inconvenience.

I'm putting mine on display. Its still in the wrapper as I've the digital stuff my phone plus spotify was free for 6 months so I'm using the Shenmue III release on there.

You slide it in the jewel case. To be honest, i've never understood why they do them, but 95% of the time it doesn't bother me at all. The only time it does is when you have a spine card with a digipak CD. I got a remastered BORIS album recently and the digipak had no booklet to keep it in, so I have to keep it in its original plastic seal. That bothers me greatly, but for jewel cases, it's no biggie.

At the Summer of Sonic festival in England many years ago, Jun Senoue sold a bunch of Sonic Adventure soundtracks and the amount of people throwing away the OBI almost gave me and the organiser palpatations.

On a serious note, the value of an item can decrease greatly if the OBI is missing. I think someone sold the OBI strip to Radiant Silvergun for £50 20 years ago...just for a tiny strip of paper!

Yep I do, I've actually been playing it over this New Year's. It's a brilliant game isn't it? One of my favourites. 🙂

Here's hoping Forever Entertainment (or whoever else) put out a faithful remaster/remake for modern consoles.
I was going to say the same thing about Panzer Dragoon Saga! I'm lucky in that I have a copy too. Funny story; about 15 years ago, I bought a 2nd hand copy of a blink-182 live album for 50p that for some bizarre reason sold on eBay for £77. I got a friend of mine to buy me a copy of Saga for £82...i'm still astonished that I got the game for about a fiver! This was the same fellow that beat me to a copy of Deep Fear for £5 by 5 seconds...

Anyway; I played disc 1 to death as it was a freebie from Sega Saturn Magazine. I could finish Disc 1 in 1h 10m !!
It is a wonderfully-crafted title, one of Sega's best.

I got mine for... I think it was something like $221.00 in 2008, IIRC (the year is correct, the amount is in the ballpark).

Never getting rid of it either and BCD, that is BEYOND impressive! :eek:

I made a topic asking for translations but the titles are all different based on who is translating it.
That's partly the nature of translation. Unless you're translating patents, where there are tomes of generally agreed upon practices for translating them, it's more artform than science. There's no one-to-one mapping for it.

As far as I'm aware, the only official track names in English are the ones in the full Shenmue III soundtrack. So, just match them up with those tracks, and copy the titles.

As far as I'm aware, the only official track names in English are the ones in the full Shenmue III soundtrack.
Are you talking about the one that's yet to be released from Brave Wave and Limited Run Games? I've got that pre-ordered, I just wanted to get use out of the one I have for now.

Back