Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

None of my rewards have shipped yet other than the game and digital rewards. Anyone else in the same boat? Are they shipping different tiers in batches? I'm a $250 backer I think.

until today I have only received the bust, the physical game, and the in-game rewards (although somehow the 20 x capsule toy tickets dont show up). all the other physical goodies, like the tshirts, artwork, soundtracks, have not been received. so dont worry i think most of us are on the same boat.

None of my rewards have shipped yet other than the game and digital rewards. Anyone else in the same boat? Are they shipping different tiers in batches? I'm a $250 backer I think.

Yeah I think we're all in that boat. They seem to be working their way down the tiers, which is fine.

Hopefully they communicate a new update with what's what soon

What you fine people need to now about the (history of the) Busts:

On July 11th 2015 I asked through Twitter:

For some reason I had the feeling I had to "upgrade" the Credit on my CreditCard from € 2,500 Credit to € 3,500 Credit...

On July 17th 2015 (Not my own memory but based on KS Update #41) I was constantly pressing F5 (at Work) on the Kickstarter page and saw the bust as $2,500 Tier; within some seconds I upgraded my pledge to this Tier ofcourse; because these busts are the "Holy Grail" of Shenmue Collecting!

These Busts are "real" Physical items from the start of 3D development! Maybe they are even "Pré-Dreamcast".

Soon after the $2,500 "Character Bust" tier was sold-out (in a split second); people where complaining:

Be quick if you want to pick up one of those busts, because they are going quickly. Seriously, what were they thinking by offering such a reward for only $2,500??? THIS is a $4,000 reward, not that lucky hit thing.

I think those busts will easily sell out..... those super limited early things just won't last.

Still feel they just should do a cheaper action figure. I'd buy that. I can't afford the busts

Woaw, these bust rewards are really cool. They could have easily put a 4000€ tag price on it!

Apparently the busts are undervalued according to some people, so Yu has to take money from somewhere else.

Is Yu-san selling assets Sega gave to him?
:lol:

Joking aside, seriously wish I could afford $10,000 to buy one of each of those busts

It is quite obvious now isn't it? Most of the US is asleep and most of Europe is off to work and all the busts are gone in little over an hour. How could they not have seen this coming? Super rare items that have been featured in the project Berkley promo. It's just crazy to sell them off this cheap.

I wonder if Yu has any assets left to use for Shenmue 3 and sequels, after giving away original character models and scripts. We basically stripped the man of everything. I hope he can at least keep his Ferrari.

So this answers the questions if they still have the busts. I've been asking myself if they still do.
Amazing that they give these away. That's like the ultimate piece for every Shenmue collection.

Again from the analitical side, yeah, those busts are undervalued.

I hope the busts are got by true fans rather opportunists.

Oh god. Any other year but this year and I would have snatched up one of those. Amazing collectors item.

Those busts should have been at least 5000? 8,000?

those busts should have been $3000-4000 minimum. they are very famous Shenmue artifacts.

Who is in charge of pricing these reward tiers? Those busts should have been three times as much. There are people paying twice as much for a bag of knickknacks. The difference in that kind of money is somebody's salary on the development team.

It also caused a few backers to move away from the jacket and crystal memories reward. Such a dumb move! They should have given the name a vendor a big discount instead and moved the busts up to $4,500.

On July 20th I asked about the "First come First serve" principle and on July 24th I got this answer:
Hello Richard,
Thank you for your message. How did you know we would be adding the busts as rewards? You must have ESP.
When pledges come in through Kickstarter, they are automatically filed their timestamp. I can tell you now, you are the fifth person to pledge for this reward.
When it is survey time, we will probably ask you to rank them in your preferred order, so you should get your second choice at least.
Thank you so much for your support and Saving Shenmue!
Joel &
the Shenmue 3 team

No, I'm not Telepathic; I asked for it on Twitter!

Think this is cool from "Project Berkley" Movie:

Screenshot_20200201-144423_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144436_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144448_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144501_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144513_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144528_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144539_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144654_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200201-144710_YouTube.jpg

Thank you for the info.
May I ask from what book those pages are from?

What you fine people need to now about the (history of the) Busts:

On July 11th 2015 I asked through Twitter:

For some reason I had the feeling I had to "upgrade" the Credit on my CreditCard from € 2,500 Credit to € 3,500 Credit...

On July 17th 2015 (Not my own memory but based on KS Update #41) I was constantly pressing F5 (at Work) on the Kickstarter page and saw the bust as $2,500 Tier; within some seconds I upgraded my pledge to this Tier ofcourse; because these busts are the "Holy Grail" of Shenmue Collecting!

These Busts are "real" Physical items from the start of 3D development! Maybe they are even "Pré-Dreamcast".

Soon after the $2,500 "Character Bust" tier was sold-out (in a split second); people where complaining:

On July 20th I asked about the "First come First serve" principle and on July 24th I got this answer:

No, I'm not Telepathic; I asked for it on Twitter!

Think this is cool from "Project Berkley" Movie:

View attachment 7248

View attachment 7249

View attachment 7250

View attachment 7251

View attachment 7252

View attachment 7253

View attachment 7254

View attachment 7255

View attachment 7256

My illustration arrived today. Well packed and no customs charges for me in the UK, though I've heard that some may have been charged.

Anyway really pleased with it.

Attachments

• 20200221_101034.jpg
    20200221_101034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back