Kickstarter Rewards Pictures

Should we expect the exact same content than the PDF version? Personally, I am expecting for more stuff... or else it would mean the best SIII artbook is within the Pix'n Love edition. 🤔
Yeah we will be getting exactly the same as the PDF they confirmed that to me last week.

Screenshot_20200618-062448_Chrome.jpg

I guess that means the CD soundtrack will be the same as the MP3 download. To be honest, I was quite disappointed with a lot of duplicate tracks from Shenmue I & II used.

Yeah, I guess the mp3 soundtrack was kinda disappointing because it was a lot of re-used tracks from S2, but maybe it just reflects what is in S3. A lot of tracks were re-used in S3 and in a lot of weird places too.

Hard for me to imagine anyone complaining about getting a pressed disc with potentially high quality recordings of music from Shenmue II when there isn't exactly an official soundtrack release for the game out there.

Yeah we will be getting exactly the same as the PDF they confirmed that to me last week.
Well, I guess I can stop researching book binding techniques, then. Actually kind of a relief. That's sort of the reward I've been most looking forward to. Even more than the capsule toys.

I got my T-shirt today. They sent it out to me last Wednesday, I think. I took it out of the packaging briefly to take a look at it, and it's quite nice. I really like the artwork on the back, the printing has a really nice quality to it, and the fabric has a nice weight and feel to it. Despite the backer slip cover for the game being unfortunately flimsy and cheap, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the other backer items I've gotten so far.

So I backed up to the physical artbook and I am looking forward to it. I have not checked the digital one as hoping for nice surprise. Does it look good?

Unfortunately it is cheap/lazy content.
The Pix'n Love artbook is far better, no competition.
oh dear. :( I feel like everything has become negative about this project. I love Shenmue and actually enjoyed game but doubt I will play through again! My feeling have gone more negative the more I read forums and posts

oh dear. :( I feel like everything has become negative about this project. I love Shenmue and actually enjoyed game but doubt I will play through again! My feeling have gone more negative the more I read forums and posts
I wouldn't let the negative posts drive you down. It's all opinion at the end of the day.

The PDF artbook is nice and I'm sure it will be OK in physical format.

I always personally go back to why I backed Shenmue III in the first place. Was it because of the cool stuff? Or because it was the realisation of a fantasy dream?

The answer for me is always the dream, fuck the items. Shenmue III is alive and that means more than any artbook or trinket.

Dont let it get you down too much. I absolutely love and adore shenmue 3. The criticisms people have of it are fair and they bring up some valid points, but they shouldn't feel the need to push it in every thread or keep trying to steer the conversation in that direction when someone likes the game.

Play what you want to play. Im gonna play shenmue 3 in the fall and enjoy it like there's no tomorrow. Anit no random people online gonna ruin my fun. Oh h£ll no. I encourage you to do the same.

Ks rewards are pretty meh in my opinion, but as spud said, i backed the project to get shenmue 3 made not for the rewards. To be honest, i dont even care if i get the rewards. I cant even remember what tier i backed or whats included. That's just me though.

But yeah, play what you want, enjoy what you want. Dont let anyone ever take away your enjoyment of something.

My personal opinion is that the backer artbook looks much cleaner and more professionally laid out than the Pix 'n' Love artbook. I also prefer the choice of artwork in the backer artbook. I don't want to say that the Pix 'n' Love artbook looks lazy, but to me it looks like they jammed a bunch of pictures together on these (fairly small) pages, and called it a day. The layout in the backer artbook reminds me a lot some travel books I'd picked up in Japan, with large prints of photographs, and really clean, uncluttered design. The use of color from page to page looks much better to me as well. Really, how it compares to the Pix 'n' Love artbook doesn't matter that much; In my opinion the backer artbook looks great. Maybe people were expecting more concept sketches and things in it? I'm not sure.

Honestly, I think some have allowed their feelings about other aspects of the kickstarter campaign to affect their judgement of the backer rewards a touch.

Wearing my Shenmue 3 Kickstarter T-shirt right now. It’s actually a higher quality shirt than what I usually buy. There’s your positive feedback.

As many said above, the KS rewards should not alter your love or affect your link with the saga. Shenmue III is a great game, I am currently enjoying my 1st run and I absolutely love it despite its flaws. So I am sorry if my artbooks objective statement made you think that SIII is a debacle in all aspects. Because it's not.
Like some others, I backed with a huge amount of money on this project. Not even a second I thought about my rewards as the main purpose. The ONLY objective has always been to resurrect our beloved franchise.

As many said above, the KS rewards should not alter your love or affect your link with the saga. Shenmue III is a great game, I am currently enjoying my 1st run and I absolutely love it despite its flaws. So I am sorry if my artbooks objective statement made you think that SIII is a debacle in all aspects. Because it's not.
Like some others, I backed with a huge amount of money on this project. Not even a second I thought about my rewards as the main purpose. The ONLY objective has always been to resurrect our beloved franchise.
Thanks all and you make good points. btw sorry if my post sounded like it was @ you Ozoran Tsubasa. your feedback was useful it just felt like an extra blow to the Kickstarter campaign. In my post I was actually summarising how I felt reading other stuff and comments about game..I should certainly stay off Kickstarter comments!!!! Haha

I always personally go back to why I backed Shenmue III in the first place. Was it because of the cool stuff? Or because it was the realisation of a fantasy dream?

The answer for me is always the dream, fuck the items. Shenmue III is alive and that means more than any artbook or trinket.

100% this. I fear people have run mad and lost sight of what it was really all about = getting Shenmue 3.
We didn't wait 18 years for a few items.

My shirt has finally departed LA, though I don't know if it makes anymore stops in the USA before arriving in the UK? :unsure:
Untitled.png

Last edited:
These are just the KS yellow shirts that are shipping right? Not the blue slacker backer ones... Im pretty sure I backed both KS and SB for the t-shirts so glad I'll get both colours.

Mine arrived today. It's a really nice shirt and much better quality than I thought it would be. I still maintain the back should be the front though!

Glad yours arrived safely! Mine arrived in the UK on Monday and still hasn't been delivered :LOL:

Mine just arrived too! A part of me just doesn't have the heart to take it out of its plastic wrap though, I want to keep it pristine :LOL:

Back