Kickstarter Update #100 - Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Spaghetti

Site Staff

Hello Everyone,

Today, Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver would like to give a message concerning the release date.

Shenmue III will now release on 19th November 2019.

[before] August 27, 2019

[new] November 19, 2019

Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished.

We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve!

We thank you for your patience and understanding,

Yu Suzuki & Deep Silver

---------- General Information ----------

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

There's the exciting E3 news! Kidding, of course - I definitely hope we still get something significant out of it (gameplay trailer, etc.).

@DigitalDuck - I agree. Games flop all of the time because of what they release around, and Death Stranding will be huge (not to mention Star Wars).

Knew it. On one hand, I'm sad I have to wait 3 more months. On the other hand... It feels reassuring to know since the March trailer, that'd nearly 6 months for polishing the whole thing.

Well we sorta saw this coming.

As long as the game is top drawer and ready by then. They will have to market the hell out of it now.

I'm disappointed but understand. Time to change the annual leave.

Also puts into doubt the level of involvement S3 will have in this year's Gamescom...

In grand scheme of things it's not a big deal to me, and a good game is better than a rushed one

Last edited:
This one hurts :(

In the grand scheme of things it's not releasing that much later, but we were almost two months out. It was getting to the point where I was planning my day and envisioning what it would actually be like to play this game. Now it feels like forever again.

:( I was so happy to play the game in the summer. I understand if they need more time, but now i'm gonna have to play it during the new school year... FFFF

I will add that the Kickstarter Update is terrible. If you are going to drop that news, at least put a tease for E3 or the future (i.e. "stay tuned for exciting news over the coming weeks," or "Keep an eye on the official twitter during E3!").

I wonder if the recent visit from Gio and the Sony guys was to get approval for extra development time, though I don't know how much involvement Sony have now with Deep Silver as the publisher.

How many delays does this make? I lost count if i'm being honest lol

I wonder if the recent visit from Gio and the Sony guys was to get approval for extra development time, though I don't know how much involvement Sony have now with Deep Silver as the publisher.

Not really. Sony's involvement is minimal.

A delay is always disappointing news and everyone's welcome to vent their disappointment if they like.

But keep things civil, be calm with your posts and don't tank this thread with argumentative back and forth please. Remember that it's OK not post. I know that emotions may be running high, but please keep this in mind when participating in this thread.

How many delays does this make? I lost count if i'm being honest lol
Only three.

2017 to 2018, 2018 to 2019, August 27th to November 19th.

Personally I think that first and maybe even the second are freebies because of how development changed because of additional funds blowing up the game's scope.

I’ll admit that I’m actually quite angry about this. It just seems like this game is being constantly delayed. Obviously I can’t do anything but wait though.

What gets me so angry though is that they did this on update 100. I was hoping for something ‘special’ to happen in the 100th update, so to get a metaphorical kick in the nuts makes it 100x worse.

Back