Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive For PC Version! Part 2

I do have an issue with businesses being greedy, when it damages the reputation of Yu Suzuki and heaps negative PR on the Shenmue series. It was a terrible decision.
Yeah, I don't have an issue with businesses trying to make money, that's ridiculous. I do have an issue with DS effectively painting a bullseye on the back of Yu and YsNet with the Epic deal, because that hurts their (Yu and YsNet's) business and the Shenmue franchise as a whole.

Yeah, I don't have an issue with businesses trying to make money, that's ridiculous. I do have an issue with DS effectively painting a bullseye on the back of Yu and YsNet with the Epic deal, because that hurts their (Yu and YsNet's) business and the Shenmue franchise as a whole.

From what I understand, YsNet are the one running the kickstarter campaign. If they refuse to issue Steam keys a year later, that's them being greedy.

Deep Silver is the only one at fault here for how they handled this situation. This same exact thing happened with Metro Exodus, so the fact that people are hating on Yu Suzuki for this is ridiculous to me. He's just out to make the best game possible and Deep Silver are the ones responsible for decisions like this at the end of the day. They've known that they were going to put Shenmue on the Epic Game Store for a while now, so they could have handled the announcement better because they knew it wouldn't go over well based on what happened with Metro. And that game didn't even involve fan backing. For everyone demanding answers, it's only been a few days. They need to shape a response in a way that won't piss you off even more, but let's be honest, you won't be satisfied no matter what Deep Silver has to say on the matter. And the longer it takes for you to hear something it's probably for the best because it could mean they're taking some kind of action that will benefit you.

This decision was always going to get blowback. It's just par for the course with anything related to Shenmue. This Kickstarter has been a source of negativity since the first week of its existence... when people misinterpreted Sony's involvement and were calling it a scam. Shenmue always gets hate. Even if this didn't happen Shenmue III is destined to review poorly and sell badly as a result. People are just waiting to bash on it for a variety of reasons. Either they have an issue with Kickstarter or the Epic Game Store. They hold it to the standards of a AAA game despite its low budget. They think the originals are overrated and want to tear the fandom down. The list goes on and on. If there's one thing that is certain in life it is that Shenmue will get hate. I accept that, and I accept the fact that this will probably be the end of the line for the franchise the way that things are looking now.

People hate on the Epic Game Store, but from what I've seen when they do get exclusives they offer them to consumers at a $10 discount of what the standard price would be on Steam. Steam has been in existence for 15 years while the Epic Game Store has only been around for 6 months. It will grow and develop, but that takes time. I don't understand why people want Steam to monopolize the PC games industry so badly.

This entire drama that's playing out is such a joke. There are problems in the world bigger than you needing to move your mouse 2 inches to the left to select the epic store launcher.

DId anyone saw this in the updates ?

"Thanks to all of your support, Shenmue III will already be on the way to our backers, but we hope you'll share the Shenmue experience with someone close too. Thank you always for your support!"

ITS ON THE WAY ALREADY ?

Already on the way as in, we've already secured our copies from the Kickstarter I assume.

Deep Silver is the only one at fault here for how they handled this situation. This same exact thing happened with Metro Exodus, so the fact that people are hating on Yu Suzuki for this is ridiculous to me. He's just out to make the best game possible and Deep Silver are the ones responsible for decisions like this at the end of the day. They've known that they were going to put Shenmue on the Epic Game Store for a while now, so they could have handled the announcement better because they knew it wouldn't go over well based on what happened with Metro. And that game didn't even involve fan backing. For everyone demanding answers, it's only been a few days. They need to shape a response in a way that won't piss you off even more, but let's be honest, you won't be satisfied no matter what Deep Silver has to say on the matter. And the longer it takes for you to hear something it's probably for the best because it could mean they're taking some kind of action that will benefit you.

This decision was always going to get blowback. It's just par for the course with anything related to Shenmue. This Kickstarter has been a source of negativity since the first week of its existence... when people misinterpreted Sony's involvement and were calling it a scam. Shenmue always gets hate. Even if this didn't happen Shenmue III is destined to review poorly and sell badly as a result. People are just waiting to bash on it for a variety of reasons. Either they have an issue with Kickstarter or the Epic Game Store. They hold it to the standards of a AAA game despite its low budget. They think the originals are overrated and want to tear the fandom down. The list goes on and on. If there's one thing that is certain in life it is that Shenmue will get hate. I accept that, and I accept the fact that this will probably be the end of the line for the franchise the way that things are looking now.

People hate on the Epic Game Store, but from what I've seen when they do get exclusives they offer them to consumers at a $10 discount of what the standard price would be on Steam. Steam has been in existence for 15 years while the Epic Game Store has only been around for 6 months. It will grow and develop, but that takes time. I don't understand why people want Steam to monopolize the PC games industry so badly.

This entire drama that's playing out is such a joke. There are problems in the world bigger than you needing to move your mouse 2 inches to the left to select the epic store launcher.

giphy.gif

Already on the way as in, we've already secured our copies from the Kickstarter I assume.

Yeah, they mean backers already have their copies secured, but others now have a chance to pre-order. They don't literally mean copies are on the way.

I wonder if all the dismissive comments for pc players will come back to bite us later when sells don't perform and secure a continuation of the series.

I wonder if all the dismissive comments for pc players will come back to bite us later when sells don't perform and secure a continuation of the series.

That's what unfortunately a lot of people dont understand here. Making things right is important because Shenmue III wont finish the story.

Instead of having fellow fans dismissing us, maybe it'd be better to all reach out to YsNet and find a solution for the backers.

Angry Joe just posted a video of top 10 worst E3 moments 2019 and Shenmue is number 1

Just to clarify this, Angry Joe didn't make it his #1 moment to shit on Shenmue. He said he was actually interested in seeing the story concluded. It's the epic store situation that makes it his worst moment. His reasoning is basically the same as the rest of us who have valid complaints.

Back