Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/shenmue-3/home

Looks like there's 2 versions, Standard and Deluxe

Pre-Order the Digital Deluxe Edition now and receive the “Blazing Kick” Advanced Technique Scroll, Kenpogi Training outfit and a Peking Power Starter Pack*! The Digital Deluxe Edition includes the full game, DLC Pass (the complete post-launch DLC content and the “Burning Sandstorm” Advanced Technique Scroll) and Ryo’s legendary Flight Jacket. Journey deep into rural China as you take on the role of Ryo Hazuki, a Japanese teenager hellbent on finding his father’s killer—a story of adventure, mystery, friendship, martial arts, and ultimately, revenge!

The dismissive attitudes in these threads make you guys look like utter assholes.
Just as you have every right to be concerned, others have every right to be dismissive. Not going to have people calling each other assholes in this thread. Cut it out please.

ok. That's some valid points.
Tho, I don't think is THAT bad.
Also, just wait. after all this buzz, Suzuki will probably respond to all the backers.
They will probably still get the game on Steam. That swhat I believe will happen.
ok. That's some valid points.
Tho, I don't think is THAT bad.
Also, just wait. after all this buzz, Suzuki will probably respond to all the backers.
They will probably still get the game on Steam. That swhat I believe will happen.

It's fine that you don't care. I care. As a fan, I feel cheated. I gave 300 bucks to be sold out for an exclusivity. And on top of that it wasn't even used to make the game look good.

Ghost Trick I was not worried about the xbox release I just was worried that we PS4 user get Resident Evil Treatment again. Like Capcom played trick on the Dreamcast and gamecube user, which got a smaller Version compared to the original console Version.

As Long as the box does not get a better Shenmue 3 no objections with a box release.

Fuck Deep Silver.

5dla02Uh.jpg

They have stabbed Yu in the back.

It's fine that you don't care. I care. As a fan, I feel cheated. I gave 300 bucks to be sold out for an exclusivity. And on top of that it wasn't even used to make the game look good.
You have your point for sure. Yu Suzuki probably didn't knew about the bad receptivity Epic Store has ammoung fans.
He will know now. And probably reconsider this decision. I believe so.

I really hope that kickstarter edition isn't just a glorified cd key to epic game store. Advertising it on steam and possibly gaining slacker backers from that platform then telling them they need to go to egs is pretty rotten.

my response from the other thead
very VERY disappointing trailer.
what does this trailer add to anybody? like for real?

to begin it's very short & very lacking in both content and context.
no important charterers being introduced
no showcase for the game world
no gameplay (like nothing... zero)

for crying out loud we've been waiting 4 years now with very little to nothing being shown!
seriously, even that small cut leaked from Walmart is better than this!

HOLY SHIT.

I'm going on the KS page now to ask for a refund.
Since they aren't delivering what they promised people might actually sue. People sued Sony when the Vita launched without all promised features.

The biggest issue I see here is that there a myriad of reasons to be upset. They are numerous and prevalent for all to see.

I appreciate the fervent enthusiasm for the series and staff efforts to keep things in a positive light here. But some things cannot be defended. They can't.

Like I said before--you can say "Well, look at this thing! Neat!" but eventually the ability to defend disintegrates as more and more negative things pile on.

There isn't a single thing I have read or researched that suggests this was a positive move.

This move is akin to why I've never been a big Xbox fan. They tend to just buy out developers and it is frustrating for those of us who tend to stick with or can only afford one console.

3 months extra may help, but if this game was still coming out in August, everyone would be seriously worried.

This EGS things coupled with the insanely packed November(which they HAD to anticipate) further enhances my fears this game is literally being sent to die.

I hope that is not the case and I'll keep the faith, but it is looking grim for any possibility this series will ever continue again.

I'm going to be so fucking mad if Deep Silver ends up effectively killing S4 because of this deal. If Yu had any say in the matter (doubt it), I don't put any blame on him as he doesn't really keep up with the industry... But DS absolutely should've known what was going to happen.
Bro, easy. No way this game's gonna die because of this.
All the games sold as an last minute Epic store exclusive anded up having better sales than its predecestors.

I'm going to be so fucking mad if Deep Silver ends up effectively killing S4 because of this deal. If Yu had any say in the matter (doubt it), I don't put any blame on him as he doesn't really keep up with the industry... But DS absolutely should've known what was going to happen.

Isn't that a bit over the top? We do not know how well the game will do in other markets, and the People in the Industry are not dumb. If the Epic exlusive tactics won't work they would not do it. But apparently it working. The pc gaming market is big, there are not anly die hard Valve fans out there defend the Newell Service at all cost.

It might hurt the Sales yes but tis too early to know what will happen.

But it will not be that bad. I think that most People still want to Play games and they do not Play with the launcher. Not to Play a game because it is not on the favourite launcher is Thing a real gamer would never do. It is not Logical.

The sad thing about this is that games made on Unreal Engine actually get a better cut of profit by being on the Epic store. Those complaining might want to think about that.

I get why people are pissed. They were promised Steam and they’re not getting Steam. So I get it. But really? It’s just a fucking launcher people?

Still, it could have been worded better.

Epic clearly money hatted them significantly. There's no way they would've accepted this offer otherwise. Deep Silver already knew how unpopular Epic-exclusivity was with regard to Metro, so they can't plead ignorance. Money talks. They paid up and I guess Deep Silver + Ys Net figured the bad publicity was worth the money. Guessing they're now off the hook for paying UE royalties + getting some extra $$?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back