Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
日本語はこちら

Hello Everyone,

The PC Gaming Show just wrapped up with some big news for Shenmue III. The new trailer was unveiled and it was announced Shenmue III for PC will be an Epic Games Store exclusive!

New Trailer!

The new trailer is up! The English and Japanese voiced versions are both below!

・English Voice version

・Japanese Voice version

PC Version Epic Games Store Exclusive!

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.

*For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.

Last edited:
Man, the game looks like it'll be lots of fun.
Some rough spots in the facial animations, but with a few additional months' worth of polishing, I'm pretty excited.

Re: the Epic Games debacle...the less said the better. I'm glad I got the KS PC exclusive...provided it doesn't come with a download key of course :-D

Looks good, I hope there is Japanese subs for the final version. Hearing Corey in the dub was amazing! I plan to play in Japanese first, then English on my second play through. The fact that we didn't see Mr Muscles' face suggests to me that his design still might be a work in progress. My impressions are that he's the Ren/Terry of this game? He doesn't seem to be a high-level threat to Ryo but I could be wrong.

I don't understand the epic games stuff because I'm not a PC gamer but it does worry me when I see so many people demanding refunds in the comments.

Kickstarter backers better still get keys for Steam otherwise that is another Kickstarter brought into disrepute and the media & YouTube pundits will have a field day with this; utter PR disaster.

... as for sales on PC... RIP... totally and utterly decimated. Possibility of Shenmue 4? greatly diminished.

Unless the highly unethical cash incentive from Epic was enough to fund Shenmue 4 on its own..... YS Net have lost their minds.

It is one thing to have a personal preference or even an indifference to preference. That being said---

People pledged money for a specific thing. 5 months before launch they were told, akin to Vader, the deal was being altered. They have an absolute right to be upset.

You can spin it, you can "look on the bright side" as they say. But this, looking at reactions, has irrevocably and permanently damaged this Kickstarter. That is a fact, both cold and hard, looking at this rage going on everywhere.

Couple that with the fact that the trailer was still rough--oh, but there's more time! Soon, time will be up.

I backed a high pledge and want Shenmue III as much as many others, but there needs to be a time where people need to accept this game simply will not be as good as those before. That time is rapidly becoming nigh.

Keep faith folks, I’m sure the Epic Games deal will be explained and rectified...

And character models, facial expressions, and animations will be optimized in the many months to go...

Have faith...

The consoles Sales might be enough to make the game a sucess and do not forgeet the game is published in China as well. If chinese Gamers like it it could support the game a lot.

When steam was new i was the enemey of most pc Gamers, and also used not very nice tactics to get into the market. Everbody hated it, and now it is the holy grail in gaming, and everbody hates on the Epic store. Although the Epic store is just a competitor to Steam.

Let's stay calm and wait and see what is happening. If the game is good every gamer should support it and not buy it because it is not your favourite Plattform. That is a childish behavior. You should Play games and not brand names.

..... I really think this is not going to end like this.
The kickstarter page is a total mess hahaha Everyone asking for refunds.
Yu San will reconsider this and the game will come on Steam as promissed. Mark my words.
(but i don give a fuck where it sells)

Last edited:
The consoles Sales might be enough to make the game a sucess and do not forgeet the game is published in China as well. If chinese Gamers like it it could support the game a lot.

When steam was new i was the enemey of most pc Gamers, and also used not very nice tactics to get into the market. Everbody hated it, and now it is the holy grail in gaming, and everbody hates on the Epic store. Although the Epic store is just a competitor to Steam.

Let's stay calm and wait and see what is happening. If the game is good every gamer should support it and not buy it because it is not your favourite Plattform. That is a childish behavior. You should Play games and not brand names.

It's not about a brand. It's about being forced into a worse service without cloud saves. Without allowing me to share my games with members of my family. Without controller support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back