Kickstarter Update #107 - Reward Progress Report

Peter

Administrator

Reward Progress Report

Hello Everyone,
We would like to share with you today how some of the backer rewards are coming along!
In-game Rewards
d28f6a29157675286877350c52594722_original.png

Backer-only International Telephone Card
Unlocks conversations available only to reward backers!
89c1c04b965f7b170a44e49b2e7ffe63_original.png

Capsule Toy Example
47a5b823c338e4f15c50eca9799af360_original.png

Capsule Toy Example
735e5b98151c419c03eebe0fe2619478_original.png

Dice Dude Capsule Toy Machine
3428489d8d4362880f65f85ea11eddda_original.png

Chibi You Capsule Toy (Did we get the likeness right?)
53618eeb1b9336d0b67e5c4aa6ef8081_original.png

Chibi You Capsule Toy
70553442102d58bf968da6eb7cd9c49a_original.png

Be a Lucky Hit!
bc87c51e9fa077ecdb75fdaab1271212_original.png

Rows of Dreams Come True wishing plaques
aba0a8f79ce8e6b4b7baa53035b6fd2a_original.jpg

Backer-only jacket for Ryo!
e275237cb905d82241acd521f349da70_original.png

Why does this building say "Save Shenmue"?
fdd1a35c9f69e60a37a070f105de738c_original.png

Let's take a look inside...
06703cbf3451d771eb34af76aad153e4_original.png

There's some kind of display table...!?

Physical Rewards
2c5b1146197199244f59ff7d849b8d09_original.JPG

All 5,000+ signed by Yu Suzuki himself!
fbe9b2437c00b03634bd8def46a2e6b7_original.JPG

Backer exclusive case mock-ups.
e1a0bdf5f07d2996cb0686a413f4ead8_original.jpg

Backer edition T-shirt mock-ups.
91c6ac4e4d1d3c80fa64771fc14e57d6_original.JPG

The artbook pics are finalized and ready for the printers.
4d2bb259541a4a1e135e3f3ba9d5003a_original.JPG

Vintage Grab Bag goods will be sent in a special bag.
feebdb25395c7373438b3436b902a62f_original.jpg

The picture does not do the 3-D artwork justice, but here is the Crystal Memories reward!
a62eb81ced4f4f52b5e7f5fb2964abca_original.JPG

Flower calligraphy examples for the Temple of the Blooming Flower reward.

How does everything look? These are just some of the rewards backers will receive depending on the reward tier you have pledged. Different reward tiers offer different rewards and we are working extra hard to deliver all in-game, digital and physical rewards.
We understand backer's concerns surrounding reward specifics and this update comes late in addressing them. Game development continues to take up much of our focus, but we hope this helped alleviate some lingering concerns.
Thank you always for your support.

---------- General Information ----------
PS4 Region Selection and Refund Request Period
We are currently working on the necessary changes to the backer survey system. We ask for your patience as there will be a short wait while the preparations are made. Once the survey changes have been implemented, there will be an announcement here in the updates with details and notice of the survey response period. (Changes to your shipping address may still be made through the backer survey up until shipping begins.)
Inquires
Kickstarter Campaign Inquiries
For inquiries regarding the Kickstarter Campaign, please email us at info(at)shenmue.link.
*Please replace (at) with @.
Epic Games Store General Sales Inquiries
For inquiries regarding the General Sales such as Epic Games Store exclusive or Pre-Order, please see our FAQ page. For other inquiries please visit Deep Silver customer support.
PS4 Region Selection
PS4 regions are automatically set based on the country information answered the through your backer survey. However, there will be an option through the backer survey that will allow you to change your PS4 region during the Survey Response Period. If you would like to change your PS4 region, you will be able to select from four regions: US, EU, Japan and Asia. An announcement will be made when the option is added to the survey.
SIEE: Europe / Middle East / Africa / Oceania
SIEA: North America / Middle America / South America
SIE Japan: Japan
SIE Asia: Asia (excl. Mainland China and Japan)
*Please note, if your region selection differs from the PS4 system region or the console setting, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.
**Also, please be aware that a PS4 "cross region" selection may cause a shipping delay.
PC Physical version
The PC Physical version will be delivered on disk. However, the disk will contain the Epic Games Store installer and not the actual game data.
System Requirements for PC Version
*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.
Minimum:
OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.
Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.60 GHz)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband internet connection
Storage: 100 GB available space
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Additional Info: Requires Epic Games Store Client to activate.
Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information
YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links
Kickstarter
Shenmue Link
S3 Facebook
S3 Twitter

Sick update!! Very cool to see the backer rewards, and even cooler to see them in-game. I love how there is a Save Shenmue building :D I was initially concerned that all the backer rewards would somehow break immersion, so it's such a great idea to make them optional (easy to skip) by putting them in a separate building lol. At the same time, what an amazing idea to serve as a memorial for the whole SaveShenmue movement! Going in there is going to send a chill down my spine every time :D

Everything looks so damn good, especially the art prints & the Crystal Memories reward! Bring on the next update with the real life capsule toys and the Backer NPCS! Cannot wait!

Now that is an update! My phone buzzed from the email and I was overcome with joy viewing that update. Both the in-game and physical rewards look amazing! My only complaint is that the mock up of the exclusive sleeve looks a bit cheap and shite (but maybe it's supposed to look like that, as it's only a mock up).

Dare I ask if this actually helped alleviate people's concerns or are they still moaning? I bet there's at least one "They didn't even mention the demo!!!" comment, isn't there?

OHHHH I see some key items from Shenmue in there!

The photographs, the dried out leaf you found underneath the Dojo, half of the yin yang pendant....very nice :)View attachment 3664
Great spot dude. Nice to see those. The nostalgia there is unreal. I cannot wait for this game!

Really happy with this update. They seem to have gotten a lot better communicating with use since the EGS fiasco. The game is looking great. I’m glad that they appear to have sectioned off the backer stuff to a special area so as to not ruin the immersion.

All that moaning about a Jacket meanwhile backers are getting their own exclusive jacket...go figure :)

Anyways, fantastic update! I can’t wait to spend time in the Save Shenmue building...also, I will read every last one of those well wishes :)

The jacket design looks familiar...anyone know if it comes from somewhere?

Also, can anyone make out the artwork that's on the walls in the Save Shenmue building? Looks like it could be old concept art or something?

Wonder what those prize wheel things are...so many questions!

Also, can anyone make out the artwork that's on the walls in the Save Shenmue building? Looks like it could be old concept art or something?

Those kind of jackets were pretty common in Japan in the time period, but one main bit of media I associate them with is the manga "Crows".

Looks like Character Potraits when I zoomed in on them on my iPad just now...but kinda blurry. But it looks like character portraits to me

Back