Kickstarter update #126. PC backer codes to be reissued.

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Hello Everyone,

This update will address issues concerning in-game rewards for the Epic Games version and the steps for code reissue. We also have a quick update concerning reward shipping.

DLC Code Reissue
As some of you are currently experiencing, in-game rewards may not be functioning properly. We sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused. With everyone's help, we were able to determine that some Epic Games Store DLC codes were either not working or did not unlock in-game rewards from tiers included in the pledged-for tier. This issue will soon be resolved and non-functioning codes will be replaced with new codes.

Epic Games Store DLC codes will be reissued for Shenmue III - DLC ID02 through ID14.

The reissued DLC codes will be available in the Downloads and Download Codes section of your survey. Fangamer will send out emails to affected backers when the codes are ready.

*Backer Passwords are unaffected and will remain the same.

*This code reissue does not apply to PS4 DLC codes.

*Shenmue III-DLC ID01 codes functioning properly, so will not be reissued.

Code Activation

Both the reissued Epic Games DLC code and the backer password must be input again to unlock in-game rewards. Please follow the steps in Update #123 to active codes. Please make sure codes are entered correctly.

For backers who responded to their survey after January 6th, 2019

Backer passwords may not have been validated for first time survey responses accepted after January 6th, 2019. DLC codes will be reissued to applicable backers who responded after this date, however, in-game reward DLC will not be able to be activated until the next patch which is currently planned for mid-January.

Last edited:
Awesome news! Happy to see it fixed! Will be going back to the PC version to try out all the DLC then :D

Also confirms a patch is coming mid-Jan

No idea how I missed that :p That's even better news to be honest. Really interested to see what they will change/fix.
Maybe they will implement some of the stuff being talked about here like dialogue skip etc. Either way good to see they're still working away.

Good news for us backers who choose PC. It's a few weeks late but if they fix the DLC I'll finally be able to play Shenmue III.

This is lovely. Outside of the phone card and the jacket with a special changing skin or something, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be getting. Wasn't there something like a blazing kick scroll? Or was that for retail copy preorders?

Last edited:
Maybe the PS4 players can answer, but was there special conversations only available to backers with the calling card? ..or was it just unlimited long distance?

Maybe the PS4 players can answer, but was there special conversations only available to backers with the calling card? ..or was it just unlimited long distance?

I remember them saying that it was an unlimited phone card that included backer specific conversations.

I remember them saying that it was an unlimited phone card that included backer specific conversations.

That is what I remember. Since I have the Epic PC version, I haven't tried the conversations with the backer-card (since the DLC was glitched). I did seem to exhaust the normal conversations. I was wondering if there were actually backer-only conversations in it.

That is what I remember. Since I have the Epic PC version, I haven't tried the conversations with the backer-card (since the DLC was glitched). I did seem to exhaust the normal conversations. I was wondering if there were actually backer-only conversations in it.
I made a thread about it a while ago and it was confirmed by other backers that there are backer specific conversations. Look for the thread for more info but basically the regular card gives one conversation while the backer card gives 2, the regular conversation and a new one.

Just got my new PC backer code and can confirm it works. Looks like they fixed the issue.

My new backer code works too, including new phone conversations.

All fixed for me now :)

The exclusive move scroll is incredibly cool. Reminds me the ultimate move of Sleeping Dogs.

And wow, Ryo in his black jacket is badass as f.

The exclusive move scroll is incredibly cool. Reminds me the ultimate move of Sleeping Dogs.

And wow, Ryo in his black jacket is badass as f.
When I played Sleeping Dogs I thought that move was like Machine Gun Fist from Shenmue II.
Sleeping Dogs is similar to Shenmue II. Especially the beginning. I am sure they used Shenmue II as part of their research.

Any news on PC physical copies yet?

Back