spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Full details of the recent 1.04 patch and Battle Rally DLC.

FIXES:
Players can now skip initial conversations.
・ Backer content fixes

・ Event control fixes (Fixed issues which stops game progress when multiple events happen simultaneously at certain timings.)
・ Fixed background collisions which makes players get stuck.

・ Fixed certain localization texts.

Battle

・ Adjusted balances for certain skills.

Minigames

・Adjusted the fishing point of the green catfish in Bailu.

・Fixed a bug where the camera cannot be controlled in the lucky hit minigame.

・Adjusted the wage amount per cargo in the forklift minigame.

・Fixed purchase prices of items which were incorrect.

Other

・Other minor bug fixes.

Battle Rally can only be played once you reach Niaowu!

I believe it was 70 per crate before? Just finishing up some work and then I'll jump in, load up a save and see. Probably be about an hour if no one has done it before then.

I believe it was 40/crate. If you reach the quota the dude mentions giving you something extra but I don't believe that actually happens - unless the wage per crate is less if you don't hit 5 crates?

I believe it was 40/crate. If you reach the quota the dude mentions giving you something extra but I don't believe that actually happens - unless the wage per crate is less if you don't hit 5 crates?
lol I'm not sure now. I have some old footage but I always got like 8/9 crates. I'll take a look back at it and see.

Edit:-
Just looked back at some footage and had 2 clips of forklift stuff that gave the following amounts:-
  • 9 crates = 315 Yuan > 35 per crate
  • 7 crates = 245 Yuan > 35 per crate
When Dejing also says he is giving extra he doesn't, unless that amount is already accounted for in the total that it tells when you finish a forklift session (I had 259 Yuan, I finished a session for 315, and ended up with 574 for example, which is correct). Sadly, I don't have any where I went below 5 crates, so I don't know if that outcome is less that 35 per crate, or if the extra is just a nod to the extra crates (> 5) that you manage to deliver.

Loading up 1.04 now to check the new rate.

1.04 has bumped it from 35 Yuan per crate, to 45 per crate :)

Last edited:
Did the update cap the frame rate? Game seemed a bit jerky last night...to me it looked like they capped the uncapped frame rate. (playing on PS4 Pro for note)

Also, anyone have any word on what localisation texts were changed? Curious if they fixed the bad translation in the final cut scene with Yuan.

Did the update cap the frame rate? Game seemed a bit jerky last night...to me it looked like they capped the uncapped frame rate. (playing on PS4 Pro for note)

Also, anyone have any word on what localisation texts were changed? Curious if they fixed the bad translation in the final cut scene with Yuan.
This is the first thing I did last night when I got 1.04. They did not fix the localisation and it still says that is where we found the scroll. I'm going to be making a thread about any localisation issues where we can hopefully compile a list of problems, that we can then send to YSnet.
I'll be making the thread tomorrow but this was the main one that I tested as it was so confusing and it's such a major point of the story that needs to be fixed lol.

Just playing Bailu Chan quest and game felt much more jerky than base game. Admittedly this was in sunflower grove during large down pour but I felt framerate was even more choppy here. Would love to see analysis by DF but alas I don’t think we will get any more analysis from John.

Also on PS4 pro here.

Last edited:
Is there a way to message Ys Net or Shibuya about bugs, glitches etc? Or is there a message board that they monitor? I have a couple I've noticed:
  • In the main menu for prizes the Power Shovel Loader (yellow) prize has a picture of the blue one instead of yellow
  • In Niaowu at the martial arts dojo near the hotel, when asking Hu Giutong to spar he says your opponent is Red Wolf, but the English subtitles say Red Dragon.

I'll check this later on today, as well. I remember Peter saying that he looked at the footage in editing software, and that the QTE's were 20 frames in length. I'll load up a save with Mr Sun and see how long the QTE's are there.
As an update to my above post, I've now tested the Lan Di QTEs (as I had old footage from the release patch that I could compare against 1.04) and they are the same in length. I feel like the duck grabbing was much easier though, but I don't have footage pre-1.04 (as I deleted it for space - I'm an idiot) so cannot compare the two. I have however, counted these frames and they are about ~45 frames to grab a duck . I don't know if measuring the frames is the best way to calculate it either.

My testing only takes place on Hard Difficulty, and if they changed any QTE values, I don't think they did a blanket change, and might have just targeted the chicken QTEs specifically. If anyone has any footage pre-1.04 of the ducks then I guess we can check that way.

Is it weird I had no issues with the chicken QTEs? I see those come up a lot as a big negative. I had a bigger issue with all the other QTEs.

Is it weird I had no issues with the chicken QTEs? I see those come up a lot as a big negative. I had a bigger issue with all the other QTEs.
Yeh I'm with you. I didn't really have any issue with any of the QTEs but I know that a lot of people did, so thought I'd test it out to see if they changed anything.

As an update to my above post, I've now tested the Lan Di QTEs (as I had old footage from the release patch that I could compare against 1.04) and they are the same in length. I feel like the duck grabbing was much easier though, but I don't have footage pre-1.04 (as I deleted it for space - I'm an idiot) so cannot compare the two. I have however, counted these frames and they are about ~45 frames to grab a duck . I don't know if measuring the frames is the best way to calculate it either.

My testing only takes place on Hard Difficulty, and if they changed any QTE values, I don't think they did a blanket change, and might have just targeted the chicken QTEs specifically. If anyone has any footage pre-1.04 of the ducks then I guess we can check that way.

Thanks for investigating. It’s potential disappointing they didn’t give additional time for QTE prompts. I failed majority in my first playthrough, I’ll be curious how I fare when I start my second walk through soon.

Dialogue skip has returned for all conversation not in cut scene but unfortunately dialogue does not skip as fast as it did before the patch??? Or is it just me.

Back