Kickstarter Update #93 The Final Total!

I think we should all feel content with that, topping 7 Million was such a triumph, sjust hoping it shows upon release next year :)

EDIT:
What's with the watch?
7317cf0575c1a913d1b30970e6a39d34_original.JPG

It's a very good number after all! With the support of Shibuya and DS Suzuki sure will have plenty of money to make the Shenmue 3 he wanted.

It is good to see an update again. And also hearing that we will all be playing Shenmue 3 in 10 months is surreal.

I dont know what the deal is with the watches are either. And Dice Dude? Looks related to Kickstarter rewards?

Pretty crazy to think the final number was pushed almost a million from the slacker backer alone! Great stuff!

The dice reward is from the > $700 Package:-

Pledge US$ 700 or more
DICE DUDE CAPSULE TOY

Be in the newest Shenmue capsule toy collection as your own block figure for the in-game capsule toy machines. + Give an idea for the toy's name.

Includes the $600 Reward.

And the watch is from the Vintage Grab Bag, and given to anyone who pledged over $1000 I believe.

Still doesn't feel real in my mind lol no till the moment that I can feel it with my own hands :D!

Damn, where did all that loot come from? Was someone at Jimmy Sega just sitting on all that Shenmue merch for all these years??

Also, is it good to take comfort from the prep work being done for the rewards all the way through the process? I remember, at the end of 2015 was it, that Yu-san was signing all of his prints? We have the jacket wrapped and ready to go, the watches and merch for the grab bags....

From what I gather, Kickstarter rewards kinda get left behind, so could these rewards actually hit their mark and be on time? I understand we couldn't get the rewards package before release however, since we get the game in the package. But possibly very soon after?

We reached $7m back in July. It’s a shame the re-release of Shenmue I and II didn’t have as much of an impact on the total fund as I was hoping for. $8m would have been amazing! But never mind, $7.2m has exceeded my initial expectations so I’ve got to put things into perspective, I guess.

Besides, with additional funds from Sony and Shibuya, I feel confident that Suzuki-san will create the game that he originally envisioned.

A beautiful Update. I can't believe that it's are just months before release. In 2015 it was years - and now. After playing Shenmue 1 and 2 a second and third time again (on PC and PS4) i'm very excited to see how Ryo's journey will continue. It feels better than to wait for a new Star-Wars-Movie. ^^ The three pictures from the Update are exciting. I looking forward for the unboxing videos next year on release. :giggle:

Good to see they're organised with this stuff. Replacing the batteries in the wristwatches is a really nice touch too.

Additional photo from the Shenmue.link site not featured on the Kickstarter page:

dsc_552655c3v.jpg

I'm sure you'll all notice something hidden behind the box on the right which has the new Shenmue logo. Looks like the backer t-shirt to me.

EDIT:

Bonus, high res Dice Dude photo.

dsc_5550lgeob.jpg

Noticed the reflection on the dice doesn't correspond to the default UE4 panorama behind the model. Looks kind of like Choubu from what I can make out, but with a similar graphical effect over it to the guy inside the dice. Just a fun little oddity, don't think it means anything.

Similarly, nothing really to discover in the metadata. Shots were taken about two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Noticed the reflection on the dice doesn't correspond to the default UE4 panorama behind the model. Looks kind of like Choubu from what I can make out, but with a similar graphical effect over it to the guy inside the dice. Just a fun little oddity, don't think it means anything.
It is the default cubemap for the UE4 inspector.

EDIT: now I see what you mean.

Last edited:
This is pretty close to the 10million mark that Yu Suzuki somewhat loftily suggested would be an ideal amount to make the game he wanted. It's possible that Deep Silver and any other potential investors who hopped on board were able to make up that difference.

Back