spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Last night on stream we were playing around with UUU and using the Debug menu in Shenmue 3 to have a look around, take some screens and just explore.

To close the stream I played an unsued Lan Di line discovered by @LemonHaze when he was working on the Ren mod with @James Brown, @paddyj @24Nathan & others.

I'm not sure if it has made its way into the public eye as yet but for those who wanted to hear it then follow the dropbox link here to download it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bs9heghe5286pt/Lan Di Unused Line Shenmue III.m4a?dl=0

Lan Di is clearly in some pain in this clip, he says "you, how could you. What is this?"

Now the line brought up 2 points on stream and I wanted to bring them here.

1st is how/who/what could have done this to Lan Di given his fighting skills are off the charts.

2nd is what other goodies have we not found in Shenmue 3 so far? Especially hot on the heels of @Miles Prower finding the Ren quest just recently.

I agree with 24Nathan. In Shenmue III Niao Sun betrayed Lan Di, maybe they did a scene where Niao Sun tries to physicaly harm Lan Di, probably after that Lan Di say this things but for some reason this scene was cut out of the game, i think that this is what happen.

Like Shenmue I and II i think we will discover more secrets about Shenmue III.

In my opinion Yu Suzuki wanted to do more with the game, one time he even said "Baisha will show off what Shenmue III is all about."

I think he wanted to put Baisha, more scenes and much more but for some reason he had to cut this content out of the game, maybe we will see this content in Shenmue IV or maybe not, only time will tell.

Beautiful discovery, thanks for sharing.

Fun discovery, but boy am I glad it wasn't included, the way Ryo couldn't touch Lan Di through out the encounter was my favourite moment from the game and one of my favourite from the series - Lan Di is no cake walk and this battle shows how far Ryo still has to go. Say what you will about the overall game ( I liked it a lot) this moment was great.

That's may not necessarily even mean she is more capable than Lan Di, she may have snuck in during the fight with Ryo or gotten to him while he was in the fire.

Ryo takes out a gun he took from the old castle storage room, and shoots Lan Di, but Yu Suzuki has second thoughts at the last moment and thought it wouldn't suit the tone.

It’s interesting that most people seem agree that it’s Niao Sun. From the second I heard the clip I immediately thought it was something that Shenhua did to Lan Di. Either way, fantastic discovery and hopefully there’s more to come!

Ryo takes out a gun he took from the old castle storage room, and shoots Lan Di, but Yu Suzuki has second thoughts at the last moment and thought it wouldn't suit the tone.
It's still in but you have to perform a cheat code like in S2.

Get Reo Hazuky's gun​

This cheat will include alot of work but is well worth it. The object of this cheat is to get Reo Hazuky's gun. To do this you have to do the following. For one you have to raize $300. Next you have to go the Muren cafe. Talk to the mannequin wearing clothes. After this go to work and raize $50. After go to joy park and find the snail racing matches. Wreasel the strong snail and win twice in arrow. It should now ask you if you want to wrestle him for $350. In return it will give you a gun or a choice to double your money. If done correctly this cheat should work.

Ryo takes out a gun he took from the old castle storage room and shoots Lan Di, but Yu Suzuki has second thoughts at the last moment and thought it wouldn't suit the tone.
Given that Longsun Zhao is part of a Chinese Mafia similar to The Triads, I would not be surprised if Ryo strolled in with a firearm Lan-Di's fellow members would be armed as well.

"How could you..." makes me think it's Niao Sun's betrayal.

Weirdly, he sounds breathless and in pain. Did she open a can of whoop-ass on him originally? 🤔

"How could you..." makes me think it's Niao Sun's betrayal.

Weirdly, he sounds breathless and in pain. Did she open a can of whoop-ass on him originally? 🤔
That's why I think there's also a chance that it could be Shenhua too.
  • "How?"
  • "How could you?"
  • "What is this?"
It makes me feel like he is in a lot of pain and more importantly confused. The real question though is why is he confused lol.

Is he confused because he doesn't know what's happening to him (for example he doesn't understand how Shenhua is hurting him), or if because he cannot believe that he's been betrayed (by Niao Sun)?

Stuff like this is really awesome and I wish that at some point we get some answers to what this line was actually referencing. We can dream right :D!

Last night on stream we were playing around with UUU and using the Debug menu in Shenmue 3 to have a look around, take some screens and just explore.

To close the stream I played an unsued Lan Di line discovered by @LemonHaze when he was working on the Ren mod with @James Brown, @paddyj @24Nathan & others.

I'm not sure if it has made its way into the public eye as yet but for those who wanted to hear it then follow the dropbox link here to download it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bs9heghe5286pt/Lan Di Unused Line Shenmue III.m4a?dl=0

Lan Di is clearly in some pain in this clip, he says "you, how could you. What is this?"

Now the line brought up 2 points on stream and I wanted to bring them here.

1st is how/who/what could have done this to Lan Di given his fighting skills are off the charts.

2nd is what other goodies have we not found in Shenmue 3 so far? Especially hot on the heels of @Miles Prower finding the Ren quest just recently.
I remember the original thread and at the time I also speculated it was related to Niao Sun double crossing him.

What is clear is Lan Di is in a state of duress which is very interesting and leads to a lot of speculation.

the way Ryo couldn't touch Lan Di through out the encounter was my favourite moment from the game and one of my favourite from the series - Lan Di is no cake walk and this battle shows how far Ryo still has to go. Say what you will about the overall game ( I liked it a lot) this moment was great.

I agree, it was a great moment, It is also one of my favourite moments from the series. When i was in this part getting closer and closer to Lan Di it was a intense moment to me.

1630896287882.png

When i played this battle for the first time was so intense to me, i was trying so hard to hit Lan Di but nothing was working, i think i even thought... "This is it for me, i will lose..." then later i found out that this is the type of battle where we don't need to win.

This battle was the first real battle between Ryo and Lan Di so i love that this battle happen this way, in this battle we can see that Ryo improved a little but it was not enough, he needs more training, if he fights against Lan Di more times will be beautiful to see Ryo's improvement in martial arts, i love that Ryo is improving little by little, i prefer this way.

i don't think Ryo will kill Lan Di but it would be nice if he wins a fight against Lan Di, it will be awesome to see this.

The ending of the game was rushed and could have been better? Yes but overall i enjoyed the ending, the ending was a build up for intense things i think it will happen in Shenmue IV.

I don't think this line was Lan Di talking with Ryo, my guess is Niao Sun or Shenhua like mrazizpizza said, it is possible as well. so if this line had appeared in the game i don't think I would have a problem with it.

Im’a guess this is in response to Shenhua’s power. Iirc, they recorded all of the dialogue for the game before the second delay, so it’s quite possible that the originally planned Baisha content was included in those sessions. If so, they could already have the first section of S4 written and recorded.

While the already made theories are definately the solid and plausible answers to this, I'd like to imagine that these lines are for some sort of easter egg for cheaters and hackers.

Think about a scenario where you somehow manipulate the fight so you can hit Lan Di or even straight up deplete his health bar and defeat him. The reaction would make perfect sense then. It is unlikely but games occasionally have stuff like that and I really just laugh at the thought of this.

While the already made theories are definately the solid and plausible answers to this, I'd like to imagine that these lines are for some sort of easter egg for cheaters and hackers.

Think about a scenario where you somehow manipulate the fight so you can hit Lan Di or even straight up deplete his health bar and defeat him. The reaction would make perfect sense then. It is unlikely but games occasionally have stuff like that and I really just laugh at the thought of this.
The 5th wude is hacking your way to victory.

It couldn't be that the staff had the idea of if the player was good enough, and make a perfect evasion or something against Lan-Di and managed to hurt him, that line would activated? That is my theory. Perhaps they had that idea and in the end eliminated it.

Back