Last place you traveled?

Technically I guess it would be NYC, but it’s so close to home I don’t really consider it traveling...never mind that I just didn’t enjoy either trip I’ve made there. Boston is crowded enough of a city for me as it is and I don’t even want to go there.

Went on a trip to see a bunch of states out west and down to visit family in Albuquerque some years ago before coming back to New Hampshire. But more recently we decided to go up to Canada, mostly to see Nova Scotia. Not quite so different, however there were some interesting places like Hopewell rocks or Grand Pre, and a couple supposed sets used on the Sci-Di show Haven.

79F07920-F3D7-4F7D-8400-EE8A43D5DABB.jpeg618997A6-E66B-4A9F-80B9-9029AC76FFF9.jpeg0618D9A6-9A41-46D8-8095-0FC7DB5C02CD.jpeg93964065-E107-4279-9A58-8FC1F3922470.jpeg

lol at the last pic! XD

We're driving out east next year for 2 weeks; will complete our coast to coast of Canada and (unlike most people who drive out east), we WILL be going to Newfoundland :D

Visited Taiwan and Hong Kong last summer. In Taiwan I travelled through the west coast with stops in Taipei, Taichung, Tainan and Kaohsiung. I really loved it there and Taiwan instantly became my favourite Asian country outside of Japan. I'm planning on doing another trip to Taiwan and see the east coast when I get the chance.

I flew through Hong Kong and spent couple days there as well. I'd been to Hong Kong before, so mostly spent my time there relaxing and eating. I visited there during June when the Hong Kong protests were starting but everything was still very orderly during my time there.

I forgot to follow up with my trips for the 2nd half of last year.

In early September I was traveling with some friends for a trip to Seattle, followed by a train ride up to Vancouver Canada. Seattle wasn't as nice as the last time I was there several years back, there are a lot more panhandlers around and I just didn't enjoy it as much as my first time there overall. Vancouver was awesome though, I really liked that part of the trip. The public transportation was nice and the unlimited day passes were reasonably priced. (Under $10 USD for all day) I enjoyed riding the SkyTrain around just for the views of the area. I also ended up buying 3 boxes of Kit Kats from Wholesale Club because I really like Peanut Butter Kit Kats which they don't sell in the US. The area in general was quite clean compared to Seattle and the parks were beautiful.

In mid-October I took a solo trip to New York. It was my first time going to the city and going by myself was refreshing because it gave me the opportunity to do what I wanted without having to negotiate with a group as to what to do. My last solo trip prior to that had been PSX in 2017. I did go solo for a bit in Vancouver which is what made me realize it would be fun to visit New York myself. It was just a weekend trip, but I did a ton of walking and finally had a chance to check out the Nintendo Store.

Last year I probably traveled too much, as I ended up visiting 6 different cities. I have nothing planned yet this year, but I'd like to go somewhere at least twice. A public photo album is still on my to-do list also. I don't want to use a cloud service for it and will instead just post it on my site, but I haven't had to time to figure out what tool I'm going to use to manage it because the one I used years ago is no longer an option.

'couv is a great place; everything is so expensive though lol and I wish we spent more time there, sightseeing and doing things (I was getting tattooed for 6 hours, then it got dark and we only drove around a bit. After waking up, we left, went to Metropolis in Burnaby and drove back to Calgary). As we are back in Ontario, getting out there would make a flight the only option and, funnily enough, it is cheaper to fly to the Caribbean from Toronto, than to fly out west. Ridiculous.

'couv is a great place; everything is so expensive though lol and I wish we spent more time there,
In my case, going there directly after Seattle, everything was cheaper except for hotel costs being about the same. There weren't as many attractions in the area, but tickets for everything in Seattle were around $35 USD while Vancouver stuff was around $15 CAD which was even less after conversion to USD. Restaurants also ended up being cheaper, the exception being restaurant chains which were about the same. In general it seems any popular area ends up costing more. For my New York trip I actually stayed across the river in New Jersey and paid half what the hotels in Manhattan were charging, despite only being 15 minutes away by subway.

Toronto is on my list of places that would be nice to see too, but in that case it's just because it is a major city that is only a few hours by plane from where I live and otherwise I've never looked into it.

I am back in Colombia and had a chance to visit Medellin and some rural areas. Some of my videos

Also I had the opportunity to visit Pablo Escobars prison fortress he built for himself in Envigado Colombia just outside of Medellin. Most of it was abandoned but what a dark history despite the beautiful view. Many people were executed here.

I am late to the party but I want to answer the question.

The last place I visited was Tokyo in 2018. Have not been on the road since then because I could not leave due to important family matters. After that Covid happend and I could not travel again.

It is hard to predict the future of Covid, if things should pan out ok i want to travel in 2022 again and visit the States for the first time.

Last edited:
Wow, forgot this thread existed!

(I did write about this in another thread, but to keep it concise-ish, I'll write about it again)

So yeah, the last place I travelled was indeed out East and we were able to complete the coast to coast travelling throughout Canada.

World's Largest Axe, in Nakowic, New Brunswick:

1640184254446.png

Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB. Essentially, it's a natural optical illusion that makes you think you are going uphill (and it feels like it too), but due to gravity and other rules of physics, you're actually going downhill. It's hard to explain unless you actually do it lol:

1640185708281.png

Not as good as Heartland's post above, but Hopewell Rocks, NB. So many people take a pic at low tide (which is indeed the highlight), but seeing it at tide also looks great, as it gives great perspective as to how much water comes and goes at tide change:

1640184341282.png

Giant Lobster, Shediac, NB:

1640184585911.png

Shark Fishing, south of Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia (very close to Halifax, about a 10-15 minute drive). Just pics of a wee bit of ground fishing (before the sharks assembled) and the two biggest Blue Sharks (the first and last of the day, with the last being the largest and heaviest), as I caught 10 on the day:

1640185198306.png

1640184716116.png

1640184813351.png

(each shark was released, healthily and with a tag so it can be tracked)

Military Aircraft, Eastern Passage, NS:

1640185087355.png

Peggy's Cove, NS:

1640184917110.png

Cabot Trail, NS (was an incredibly-scenic drive, easily the most-scenic I have ever done in my life, in any country):

1640184987292.png

Post #2, coming up!

@Truck_1_0_1_ A very interesting post. It is no wonder that the thread is not very active now because Traveling and Covid are not very compatible to each other. The pictures are really interesting. Canada is a beatiful place as well. I think it should at to my the countries I want to visit before I die list.

Whales, Cape Spear, Newfoundland:

1640186115369.png

1640186167717.png

WWII artillery gun, Cape Spear, NFLD:

1640186253788.png

Lighthouse, Cape Spear, NFLD:

1640186313831.png

Cape Race, NFLD (my favourite Lighthouse!):

1640186454058.png

Green Point Lighthouse, Point de Grave, NFLD:

1640186574963.png

Spirit of Harbour Grace, Harbour Grace, NFLD:

1640186707624.png

Lighthouse, Hant's Harbour, NFLD:

1640186808238.png

Salmon Statue, Campbellton, NB:

1640186883024.png

@Truck_1_0_1_ A very interesting post. It is no wonder that the thread is not very active now because Traveling and Covid are not very compatible to each other. The pictures are really interesting. Canada is a beatiful place as well. I think it should at to my the countries I want to visit before I die list.

Definitely, our country is so large and the landscape is so different throughout, there is a TON to see! :D

Post #3: As I am a maritime lover (love the ocean, lakes, boats, fishing {of course}, etc.), some of the vessels that we saw on our trip, both historic and modern:

The Fundy Ghost is a Scallop Trawler, in Alma, NB:

1640187246692.png

Blue Shark Charters is a 39 foot Custom build (hence the weird footage) and the vessel we took on our Shark Fishing Charter, in Eastern Passage, NS:

1640188990207.png

Picton Castle had a TV show done on it, 20 years ago and doesn't look like it has been used since (the show chronicled it on a trip around the entire world), in Lunenburg, NS:

1640189098866.png

Algoma Vision used to be red and is used as a general freighter, flies under the flag of the Marshall Islands (legit), in Cape Breton, NS:

1640189208860.png

One of the ferries that goes to NFLD, from NS; we didn't take this one to NFLD, but we did take it back (name is the MV Atlantic Vision), in North Sydney, NS:

1640189373443.png

The Nautical Legend is a general Fishing Trawler, in Port de Grave, NFLD:

1640189511594.png

Literally inshore from the Spirt of Harbour Grace, is the SS Kyle, a ship that was involved in WWs I and II, has changed names a bunch, owners a bunch more and has been beached at its current location, since 1967, in Harbour Grace, NFLD:

1640189666595.png

Atlantic Osprey is a General Supply Vessel, which goes all around NFLD, doing odd jobs:

1640189754754.png

Last but not least, in the same spot Algoma Vision was (on our way back), was the Thunder Bay, a General Freighter. Interestingly, this ship is almost exclusively called at ports in the Great Lakes (and I can swear that I've seen it before when driving to Niagara Falls, on Lake Ontario), so to see it in NS was a bit interesting, in Cape Breton, NS:

1640189987773.png

It was my intention to see Theodore 2 and Blue Nose II on our trip, but literally 1 month before we went, Theodore 2 was bought by a company in Hamilton (really lol), ON, so it's no longer in Halifax and Bluenose II sailed from Lunenburg to Barrington, NS, just 2 days before we drove to Lunenburg and Barrington was another 4 hour drive there and back, so no thanks :(

Last post coming up ;)

Last edited:
For the last post, the food! :D

Haddock and Chips, as well as a Lobster Roll, in Fredericton, NB:

1640190318838.png

The best (and cheapest) Lobster Roll we had on the trip! In Alma, NB:

1640190388964.png

Blackened Haddock Tacos, with Mango Salsa and a dessert of Strawberry-Rhubarb Cheesecake, made entirely by hand, from a French Pastry Chef that worked at this restaurant, in Saint John, NB:

1640190662995.png

Haddock and Chips, along with a Seafood Chowder, in Halifax, NS. These fries were the best French Fries I have *ever* had in my life:

1640190756714.png

We went to an Irish Pub one night and had non-seafood lol. My wife had a Turkey Pie and Caesar Salad, while I had an incredble Hamburger and Fries. These were the 2nd-best fries I've ever had in my life and this was the best meal we had on the whole trip, in Dartmouth, NS:

1640190943911.png

"The Burger That Ate Cape Breton," is a Brioche bun, with Tartar Sauce, Lettuce, a piece of Fish and Chip Haddock, Tomato, Sautéed Shrimp and Guacamole (all homemade at the restaurant). The complexity of the flavours and textures was insane and this was the 2nd-best meal of the trip (best seafood meal), while the fries were the 3rd-best I've had in my life lol, on the Cabot Trail, NS:

1640191199287.png

The 4th-best meal of the trip, the absolute greatest Club Sandwich I've ever had, with a side Caesar Salad. My wife had wings and said they were incredible as well. After a LONG day of over 10+ hours of driving, this was relished beyond words, in St. John's, NFLD:

1640191328919.png

Moose Burger! Moose is commonly-eaten in NFLD, though it it tricky to find in a restaurant. Luckily, we did find it and strangely (but in a good way), the burger was cooked medium-rare, which is rare to see in this day and age. I asked for a salad and they gave me fries <_<, so they sent a salad out lol. Just so full of flavour, it was so delicious, in St. John's, NFLD:

1640191513914.png

Was a lovely trip for food and seafood, too, if anyone is interested in going to Eastern Canada. We also had crab cakes, pan-fried Haddock and Mashed Potatoes (my wife's favourite meals on the trip), Seafood Pasta, Lobster Club Sandwiches (oh yes lol) and more. The fries were so good, due to PEI and NB supplying the entire region with potatoes, so the potato quality was among the best I've ever had in my life (if not THE best).

Awesome trip and my 2006 Subaru Outback survived like an absolute champ, through super-rough terrain (at times), many 8+ hour days of driving and a wheel bearing that started to go, when we were in NS.

I much prefer Eastern Canada to Western Canada and would have no issues heading back, especially since we weren't able to go PEI (they opened up to Non-Eastern Canadians, 2 days after we arrived back in Ontario). Well worth it! :D

Thanks for posting the further photos. They look awesome.

Definitely, our country is so large and the landscape is so different throughout, there is a TON to see! :D

That is right. Tons of stuff too see which would make hard to find a good starting point were to go because there are so many things to see.

Back