[Leak] Possible GTA 6 Footage Surfaces

Spaghetti

Site Staff

Nice to see gamers being unable to discern between WIP and final game isn't limited to just Shenmue.

Anyway, my view is this is probably legit based on previous leaks and general complexity of the footage shown.

(more clips available online, but they're starting to get removed)

Last edited:
Not a good look if this game isn't in the early development stages. It looks older than GTA5.

I really do feel for Rockstar and hope that the person responsible gets what’s coming to them. Given that they’re now attempting to blackmail Rockstar, one assumes that that will entail some serious jail time.

I really do feel for Rockstar and hope that the person responsible gets what’s coming to them. Given that they’re now attempting to blackmail Rockstar, one assumes that that will entail some serious jail time.
You really feel for a multibillion dollar company that has been screwing over it's fans and their workers for a decade?

You really feel for a multibillion dollar company that has been screwing over it's fans and their workers for a decade?
For the underpaid developers who have poured countless hours of their lives into something only to see it trashed online by people who have absolutely no idea how video game development works? You bet I do. For the company itself, not so much, though I really don’t subscribe to the idea that this kind of thing is in any way okay regardless of what Rockstar may or may not have done in the past.

Not to defend Rockstar, but there were reports that company culture had actually improved after a string of crunch scandals, and the leak is unfortunately going to result in a ton of extra work for developers.

It's pretty shitty, but given Rockstar's arrogance over the last few years, i'm not exaclty heartbroken about it. That said, that opinion is aimed at upper management and not the regular folk working there who will no doubt bear the brunt of the fallout and don't deserve any grief.

As mentioned at the start, my first thought was the fallout with the SIII reveal around 2017. I appreciate that in that case it wasn't a leak, but I truly believe that they were forced to show something because many people didn't understand how Kickstarter worked.

Not just Kickstarter but game development in general. It was very strange to see so-called industry professionals in the press also weighing in with content befitting the average forum shitposter, which always indicated to me that some were just waiting to stick the knife in.

If we keep in mind that some people said that some of the footage is from April 2021,
i think it already looks really promising. This footage doesnt even have performance optimization,
it doesnt have all the lighting effects, its full of placeholder, not the correct textures and so on.
But we can see that they already experimented with new features and a new open world.
Like imagine all the features and details
that they did for RDR 2 but in a new GTA game + probably a bigger budget than ever before
and keep in mind that we have a new console generation now too.
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a banger high quality game.

I didn't even realise there has been a backlash to the leaks. I viewed a lot of them as they were leaked and thought it looked pretty good. I understood it was an early leak and very much a WIP.

The shortsightedness of the complaints is absurd to me. (I know I'm mostly preaching to the choir, but it deserves to be said for sanity's sake.)

To use an example, I teach languages and am writing up the PDF notes for a future Greek course. Many of those files are still skeletal: imagine if a student hacked my laptop today and moaned "Wow, the other language's notes were much better! He doesn't even include footnotes now!" I shall get it all done, but in time.

If memory serves, GTA V was and is the best selling entertainment product of all time. Do folks really believe Take Two would take that for granted? Moreover, do we think they wouldn't have the resources to produce something on par if not superior to V? I can understand if this were a game from a smaller developer but, even then, I think of the Sonic Frontiers backlash: even it is looking much better. What has been leaked is purportedly a 2021 build.

The only thing I could see more reasonably riling folks is if they trim back the open-world growth for a more streamlined experience. (I admit I'd actually prefer a tighter game smaller in scale, but we Shenmue fans are often the minority.)

Jim Sterling hits the nail on the head.

"We live in an age where, for some people, being unhappy with a video game is actually more fun than enjoying a video game"

They perfectly sum up just how garbage online video game discourse is.

It is quite

ironic.jpg

though this statement comes from someone who lits the proverbial fire in the gaming discussion. These gaming YouTubers are part of the problem. They pretend to speak with authority and some stupid gaming kids just parrot what these online guys are saying.

They are negative most of the time, seeking a controversy behind every rock because that stuff creates more clicks.

Without gaming social media things would be way more peacefully.

Yeah, sure, I somewhat agree. Youtubers have played a large role in creating today's online environment. I wasn't meaning to start any kind of debate really, merely just sharing a video that came up on my recommendations that perfectly vocalises exactly how I felt reading some of the online discussions on GTA6 (and in general, about any video game).

Has Jim Sterling personally done anything particularly bad in terms of creating or generating controversy in bad faith through clickbait or anything though? (That's not a bait - I genuinely don't know. I haven't ever really followed Jim Sterling much) Someone is probably going to point me towards some negative Shenmue take, aren't they...? (Ok, I don't even need to edit my post, as I just googled it before even posting. Yup, Jim likes shitting on Shenmue and winding up the fans. I'm surprised since they like Deadly Premonition) Edit: Ok, watched some Jim Sterling videos on Shenmue and particularly Shenmue 3 and now I remember.

Edit: But seriously, there are a ton of garbage, negative Youtubers who output is very tabloid-esque, gossipy and clickbaity. I do tire of every yet-to-be-released video game being described as a potential "dumpster fire" by certain youtubers, desperately trying to find the next big "disaster" to get them the clicks they desire.

Last edited:
Every big modern day gaming youtuber does it. They just live from "controversies" and not from the love of gaming. Enthusiastic gaming youtubers that make videos because they love games can only be found in the retro gaming sector.
Stirling is not among the worst negative benders I have seen on youtube but he is one of them.

Back