"like" button

red

regarding the like button icons, could we add a "disagree" button to the forum(?) maybe in the form of a cross or thumbs down?

F286311E-2E5B-41E0-B4D4-77367AEC9419.jpeg

I just use the angry smiley lol
that's too aggressive for my liking. lol

i was originally going to ask for both a agree and disagree button (a tick & cross ).. but i think a disagree button is needed because people wouldnt have to type an essay when they don't agree with something said or get in long arguments.

i think a disagree button is needed because people wouldnt have to type an essay when they don't agree with something said or get in long arguments.

I genuinely take issue with this kinda thing. It goes against the idea of a message board. "Thanks" and "Hahas" are a nice little way to ensure the replies aren't clogged up with emoji replies that convey quick appreciation.

Simply having "agree" and "disagree" options are anti-conversational. Let's not confuse arguing with debating either. Arguing is an angry exchange of disagreement, whereas debating is deliberately addressing specific points, acknowledging what was said, and presenting a rebuttal and/or alternative perspective. The content of the communication is key.

The community's already receded yet again, let's not give people another reason not to return.

*Intentional double-post to make a point.*

Notice the stark contrast between adding to the conversation:

I genuinely take issue with this kinda thing. It goes against the idea of a message board. "Thanks" and "Hahas" are a nice little way to ensure the replies aren't clogged up with emoji replies that convey quick appreciation.

Simply having "agree" and "disagree" options are anti-conversational. Let's not confuse arguing with debating either. Arguing is an angry exchange of disagreement, whereas debating is deliberately addressing specific points, acknowledging what was said, and presenting a rebuttal and/or alternative perspective. The content of the communication is key.

The community's already receded yet again, let's not give people another reason not to return.

...and adding nothing whatsoever:

Back