Little Details.

Having completed my first run through of the game the other day, I decided to do a second run through to mop up all of the quests and trophies that I missed on my first play through and whilst doing so, noticed a nice little touch that I wasn’t aware of the first time around.

In my first play through, I made a point of exhausting every dialogue option possible with Shenhua and as the story progressed, noticed some slight changes in the way that she interacts with Ryo.

When you begin the game, Ryo wakes up alone in his room to the sound of his alarm and when leaving the house, Shenhua walks to the door to say goodbye.

After their relationship grows, Shenhua will first poke her head around the door each morning and then later enter the room and touch Ryo’s arm to wake him up. She will also stop walking Ryo to the door like one would with a guest and instead says goodbye through the window.

I obviously noticed this on my first playthrough but assumed that it was something programmed to happen by default.

On my second playthrough however, I’ve been rushing through the game as fast as possible and have intentionally avoided any interaction with Shenhua outside of the forced conversations. I’m on my last day in Bailu now and Ryo is still waking up alone to the sound of his alarm and Shenhua is coming to the door to say goodbye.

I really like that these little things have been taken into account to help simulate a realistic relationship that grows through the characters actually getting to know each other rather than just happening by default as it does in other games.

That got me thinking, what other little details have I missed? Please feel free to share your observations here!

About the Joy phone call...
There’s different dialogue with Joy when talking about Ren. You can call her and ask about Ren before Ryo meets him. Then the conversation continues if you call her again after meeting Ren. I found that really cool.

Now I want to know if there’s a different conversation if he only calls Joy after meeting Ren.

Back