Live Streaming

Favourite title
What's Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue ch1 Undub
Throwing my hat into the ring: Episode 2 of my Shenmue lll PS4 play-thru begins in a few minutes!

Also, don't know if it is a decent idea to begin a pinned central thread for all streamers to post their shenmue/other channels, or do individualized topics?

Last edited:
Oof--newb mistake--my sound levels for game audio were mixed up. Jumping back in today around 2pm Chicago time. To be honest, I also will be streaming Ico, Yakuza and Metal Gear amongst other favorite games, especially once I'm done ironing out some kinks with my capture box for 6th gen systems.

@Vivi-gamer @danielmann861 @DragonOfJoejima @Oregon Pacifist does my idea of a centralized pinned independent community stream thread sound good, or keep it individualized in our own threads/posts elsewhere on the forum?

Damn, 300 views?! I'm pretty late to the party for streaming. Didn't join twitch until earlier in the year and now finally getting to do my own streams after a few months of troubleshooting.

Aside from convenience, another benefit of all posting our channels into a central thread would be helping each other out with followers, views, even boosting on twitter or instagram! Nice camaraderie of Shenmue streaming affiliates.

About to go live somewhere between 2:45-3:00PM Chicago, btw!

Been charging thru story-only on the stream. Pretty sure episode 12 is next; I'm early in Niaowu. Going live in about 20 minutes!

Very rare Saturday I'll only working one shift rather than a double, so I'm going to do a rare weekend afternoon stream. Hope to get some chat going and decent viewers! Also thinking of doing tomorrow around 5pm Chicago.

Going to be streaming in about 5 minutes. Also will be streaming before work tomorrow at about mid-day for #ShenmueDay festivities.

Totally goofed in my intro OP to ask for your channels so we can give eachother follows!

@DragonOfJoejima @Vivi-gamer @danielmann861

I'm GMT living in the UK but if you do another stream I'll break myself to at least jump on for a few mins even if it's 'Stupid O'Clock' my time lol

I'm GMT living in the UK but if you do another stream I'll break myself to at least jump on for a few mins even if it's 'Stupid O'Clock' my time lol

Tomorrow at about noon Chicago, so i believe 6 or 7pm for you? My schedule is out of whack while i experiement for my first series. Tomorrow I'm going to be finishing Shenmue 3 for the second time.

Not a problem. My free time is scarce. What with family/work commitments. When I do get free time I'm crazy selfish over it lol.

Good luck on clearing your 2nd S3 run. I'm still on my first.

No worries! I honestly don't even want followers to turn on notifications I'm so new haha. I'll worry about the chat engaging requirement for affiliation status later. Focusing on--and knocking out--the other prerequisites first at the moment!

Going live in a few minutes in celebration of Shenmue Day!

Finished first series on twitch, uploaded all but three onto a linked youtube account. Premier show auto-expired, which I didn't catch before exporting. Episode 17 had an epic newbie gaff by not streaming the game for about 20 minutes, then the entirety was without any audio whatsoever. Then, I also rushed the penultimate and final episodes by not including game audio, so both are deleted, as well. No big deal, the entire run was a minimal 20 hour play and for personal testing purposes.

Next week, starting the 20th, I'll be on a regular schedule Tuesdays from 2pm til 4-5pm Chicago. Random Mondays as well at unspecified time and/or sometimes double stream Tues later at night around 9 or 10pm Chicago. Current preliminary schedule:

MGS3 followed by PW+GZ, then MGS5 live first time on-air. After, I'll be doing Evil Twin on Dreamcast, followed by both RErev back-to-back. Then, Yakuza in order; undecided if I'll stream PS2 Yakuza or go from Zero. Depends upon if I will have gotten Kiwamis on the cheap in Feb or March by the time I'm ready for them on my channel; or, if I'm already done re-playing the PS2 originals while I'm streaming MGS PW/GZ/5. Far off plans are for an Ico (PS2 or PS3?), Shadow of the Colossus (HD or remake?), Evil Within, Heavy Rain and Batman Arkhams (those 3 being first time)

EDIT

nope. Troubleshooting. Argh.

Last edited:
Turns out PS2s predominantly 480i-only output was what gave me trouble streaming. Obviously people have captured (maybe not streamed live?) PS2 original hardware, but for my setup it isn't worth the headache to figure out. Finally going to need those MGSHD remasters from PSN or run to my local shop quick and find cheaper (if mint).

For now, retooling my retro schedule on the fly; OG XBOX had 480p/720p and GC/Wii have 480p capability, so those are my options for now. Wii output (or perhaps not the literal video as with PS2, but their component cables) are somewhat weak, so might hold off until I get the HDRetrovision components, because Nintendo's only look good on old 1st-gen HDTV. Perhaps HDRetrovision will also be a good option for my capture box with Saturn because I'm pretty sure it uses 240p mode(?).

Also, because I still have my first gen HD XBR LCD, I don't even want to spend anything at the moment on those Pound cables--which are pretty damn decent especially for their price--because my aforementioned LCD still displays S-video/component content from PS2, Saturn and Wii beautifully. Yet, my streaming setup is with my current LED in another room. Plus, MGSHD will be half the price of new cables, at most.

If I cannot find minty MGSHD for PS3 or don't want to spend much money besides Battle Royale DLC, I''l need to pick from my backlog library from games I would've preferred to play in private, but don't mind doing live first. Candidates are....

Fahrenheit
Beyond Good and Evil
Psychonauts
Eternal Darkness
Stubbs the Zombie
Killer7
RE0/REmake (which would also undo/expedite my initial plans of a Saturn RE-RECV run before eventually going back to Zero and the three remakes along with RE4 further down the road)

EDIT
Damn, another false alarm. Gamecube no longer a candidate for now, either. Looks like XBOX wins out.

Coming soon, my backup plan of Fahrenheit will be live! Too late and I'm tired now after spending so much time and energy setting up for RE0. Sunday night? Monday afternoon? Who knows! Stayed tuned?

UPDATE
Forgot i have Silent Hill 2 for XBOX, so to stick with the horror theme of my initial plan, I'll be going on-air in about 20 minutes!

Last edited:
First three hours of Silent Hill 2 stream had some sound and visual delay, but I've resolved the issue on-the-fly for the 3rd episode earlier today. Going back on channel for episode 4 in about 20 minutes or so.

The audio/video syncing fix will prove very sueful when i finally stream Dreamcast/XBOX Shenmues, as well as other Dreamcast titles. Still need to either grab a Pound HDMI PS2 cable or get HD remaster/remakes of those favorite games to stream.

Also have a hunch for figuring out how to get progressive scan Gamcube games to capture. Runs fine on main menu, but I get a big blank blue screen when booting game. Still need to test with proper Wii disc in case it is a backward compatibility issue? Suspect the capture box might simply need to reset/power cycle?

@spud1897 request to move thread to general gaming? My mistake when I originally began the thread.

Back