Logo changes...

It may be slightly better than generic Papyrus font but to be honest, I don't see any point of defending the new Western logo in any way.

It looks absolutely horrible. And I don't mean design-wise. It's just really badly executed. And I don't blame Yu for being unable to do Western caligraphy. He is an Asian guy who doesn't really use Latin script in his daily life.

Like I said in the old forums, if you asked a random Western Shenmue fan to do caligraphy for the Japanese logo, how would that end up looking? Exactly.

And this is what this logo looks like. Like an Asian person trying Western caligraphy for the first time. Or like a Western person writing with their left hand.

The things which bums me out the most is that this would have been so easy to fix. Make it a fan competition. Fans are welcome to send in their drafts and the one whose draft gets chosen gets a special mention in the credits and a personal 5-second "Yeah, thanks Girl/thanks Dude!" video message from Yu himself.

Costs - zero, effect - a much more professional logo than the one we have now.

^ Interesting take regarding the fan contest.

IMO, the original Japanese logo needs to start making more appearances in the West (in conjunction with whatever final western logo they opt for). It's perfection.

^ Interesting take regarding the fan contest.

IMO, the original Japanese logo needs to start making more appearances in the West (in conjunction with whatever final western logo they opt for). It's perfection.
I'd be up for the Shenmue HD logo with the Japanese underneath. That would fit nicely.

Back