Main English voice cast credits

Wait, Kyle Mccarley as Lan Di? Hes a wonderful voice actor but holy hell does that sound unfitting he has a super young sounding voice.

Wait, Kyle Mccarley as Lan Di? Hes a wonderful voice actor but holy hell does that sound unfitting he has a super young sounding voice.
Had to look him up
In video games, he is known for his performances as lead characters 9S from Nier: Automata, Zeroken from Disgaea 5, Alm in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Harry Potter in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

So apparently this is his voice in Disgaea 5:

And I know his voice in Automata is pretty dang young sounding as well, as you would expect of the character he's playing. Uhh, here's to hoping he can surprise us with his Lan Di I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Had to look him up

So apparently this is his voice in Disgaea 5:

And I know his voice in Automata is pretty dang young sounding as well, as you would expect of the character he's playing. Uhh, here's to hoping he can surprise us with his Lan Di I guess. :ROFLMAO:
Well if we are going off the past couple games, we might only hear him say like 3 lines anyway so we will see if he nails those 3 lines

greg chun for ren is nice, dude did great as yagami in judgment.

greg chun for ren is nice, dude did great as yagami in judgment.
hes a fairly new actor too if I'm not mistaken so it's great he's getting some fairly large roles. Obviously Yagami is a far more notable one since hes the main character of a long ass story-heavy game thats likely to get multiple sequels, but its nice to see him get more like Ren too cause he did do a good job.

It was unfitting and extremely jarring if you have the raspy sound of his voice from the Shenmue 1 intro in mind, don‘t know what they were thinking here.

Ren was surprisingly good, Shenhua wasn't bad, although I really disliked when she says "Ding! Ding! Ding! Someone wants round two!" Yanlang, Niao Sun and Ge Longqi were OK too. S3 English Lan Di was awful. He sounds poncy and way too young. For S4, why not have Paul Lucas record his lines in Singapore or wherever he lives and let him send in his voice files on a USB drive or whatever? I understand transferring the data by internet may be dangerous but there's really no excuse for a performance like S3 English Lan Di.

Back