Currently playing
Shenmue III
PSN
Harimau87
Steam
Harimau87
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-6398-6388-6681
I want all the capsule toys and move scrolls, that being said, what’s the best way to make money?

I just made 1000yuan from selling a capsule toy collection, spent 600yuan on 6000tokens.Did the fortune teller trick and only won twice, I tried going back to her after 2hrs or 3 losses in a row, didn’t take long until I was left with 0 tokens :disrelieved:

Has the forune teller trick been nerfed already in a patch? Anybody else got a sweet money making idea they’d like to share? :tonguewink:

I'm having to find money at some point (without spoilers) and I am just chopping wood like a maniac. I also have another good method to farm (again, no spoilers) but I refuse to save scum to get money. Just feels cheap, as it did in S2.

Lowkey... with luck and patience you can sell the whole gem capsule toy set for 1050 yuan. Obviously gonna be heavily luck based, but if it's in your favor it's a quick profit.

Problem with Farming Herbs is do they respawn - Ithought thought on occassion they do but I'm still not entirely sure...

The herbs don't respawn. That's why they made it a challenge to get them all, in form of trophies.
Great to know thanks. Sounds like you can keep your items/money for subsequent play-throughs! As long as the herbs are back then we’ll be fine!

I used the fortune teller for a number then kept doing the frog racing..it doesnt guarantee a win but it makes it far more likely I think.

The herbs don't respawn. That's why they made it a challenge to get them all, in form of trophies.

I don't know about that...I swear I've seen places on the map that I swear I've picked from suddenly respawn days later.

For instance, I know I picked herbs outside the back of Shenhua's house within the first two days and they were there again days later. Or maybe I overlooked them but I wonder if it just takes days for things to respawn? I swear other places were the same. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe nothing does respawn.

Would it be seriously out of question for Yu to do something tricky as it takes a few days for herbs to respawn in certain places? (as in regrow) Or did I just overlook them? I don't know. I swear there were spots I picked from that were regrowing. Like in the Sunflower Meadow. First chance I got, I picked everything in that little maze. Came back a week later or so and there was at least one or two plants respawned. I'm sure I didn't miss them.

Unless someone has confirmed they don't respawn indefinitely? (I honestly don't know hence why I'm asking)

Also, how are people making serious money from herbs? I didn't rely on the herbs too much but the highest I could see was 50 yuan for one set. Did I miss something here? Was there a higher selling set that I didn't see? I only ever dealt with the Tao Store...was the other lady giving better prices?

I was making most of my money from Lucky Hit. There was one Lucky Hit that I was able to earn most of my money from in Bailu. Fishing was the other go to for big bucks.

Last edited:
I too picked everything in the sunflower maze and I believe the licorice respawned.

I also believe the respawning is not helping us narrow down whether or not we've picked everything! :mad:

Dan, there are 2/3 pages of herbs to sell at Tao get; I believe the biggest one pays 1050 or 1500 or something?

The working theory at the moment is that liquorice occasionally respawns. Probably as a means for people to even make a bit of tiny money if they're desperately out of cash and have picked all herbs.

Man that is going to make the collecting incredibly challenging, annoying even. If only you could lower the graphics quality like on PC and turn off all the flowers shrubs. Makes the herbs soooooo much easier to see.

i found a quick way to make money in Bailu is to go to the fortune teller for a colour fortune save the game, play the fire, wind, bird game (win) and then save again and then do the turtle race using the same lucky colour she gave you, its seems to give you a steroid turtle, i don't know if its already been mentioned but you win the same amount from both and you can use the same colour so its pretty quick too. other than that I've found fishing to be a pretty good way of making cash, its relaxing too

i found a quick way to make money in Bailu is to go to the fortune teller for a colour fortune save the game, play the fire, wind, bird game (win) and then save again and then do the turtle race using the same lucky colour she gave you, its seems to give you a steroid turtle, i don't know if its already been mentioned but you win the same amount from both and you can use the same colour so its pretty quick too. other than that I've found fishing to be a pretty good way of making cash, its relaxing too
Fishing hurts my palm and gives me painful mario party n64 flashbacks.

New favorite job is catching ducks. It paid better than I thought it would too.

Back