Many Mysteries Of Miao Village Finally Unfold

OP
OP
LanDC
Great post and that makes sense. My memory is foggy but can you remind me where it's indicated Zhu spent time with Iwao and Sunming in China? I know in Shenmue 2 he claims Sunming was his best friend but I couldn't recall of any other information which puts him in China with those two.

Master Chen's "Zhu and your father brought back a certain mirror from China" line is what I'm going by.

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Remember Me (PC)
Steam
amirmoosavi
Code:
ONCEUPONATIME
BEAR_QTE

KUN_LOVE_CHK
KUN_LV1_CHK
KUN_LV2_CHK
KUN_LV3_CHK
KUN_LV4_CHK
"ONCEUPONATIME" sounds funny to me (maybe a fairytale told by Shenhua to Ryo?) and... "BEAR_QTE"!? You have to evade some panda/bear somewhere in the rural areas of Guilin? :tearsofjoy: (unless if "BEAR" ...bears another meaning, sorry for the pun... :sweatsmile:) (And seems "KUN" (Fangmei) has 4-5 staged of love for Ryo...) - All such flag's texts can be found here.

Nice find; interesting that that's twice now that they've planned for a bear to appear only to cut it from the final game. At the China conference in 2015 Suzuki showed this slide showing that Ryo was supposed to cross paths with a bear early in Bailu in Shenmue III:

Master Chen's "Zhu and your father brought back a certain mirror from China" line is what I'm going by.

D'oh yes of course. It would be interesting trying to gather a timeline of when Zhu met Iwao and how and when his friendship with Sunming Zhao first started as you would presume some of these events crossed over.

I was also curious in the line in Shenmue 3 when Sunming was attempting to retrieve bother mirrors, it's said the mirrors were "entrusted to him". By who?

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Not sure. I will have a look. Could be a bug somewhere

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
It's being investigated currently. We may need to go back to a backed up version of the site to see what we can restore. You can see old posts via Wayback Machine in the meantime.