'Meet Mr Yukawa' in PC version?

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
UE5 Game Dev
It is a possible to meet very famous (in Japan at least) senior executive officer of SEGA Yukawa-san in Shenmue as a hidden event.
To see him you must get the 'happi' and 'suit' figures of him at Abe Store in Sakuragaoka's raffle . The best way to get to see him is if you have only one of eatch statue. It is reccomend you save as soon as you get one, and then keep trying to be sure you don't get the same one twice.
When you have them go to Takara Sushi on the 9th of any month after 8pm. He will be sitting in the bar eating. In the Japanese version of the game, Ryo used to talk to him, afterwards he would run away. If you want to see him again go outside and back in again. You can do this as many time as you like between 8 and 9. On the international versions, Mr. Yukawa is not interactable.
Mr. Yukawa was the main subject of the Japanese playable demo: "What's Shenmue".

This was in the Japanese Dreamcast version of Shenmue , I just wondered since Shenmue PC has japanese audio do these encounters still work?
I doubt they dubbed english for these sequences but It be interesting to see with subtitles

I used the PS4 version, but I guess there is no reason to assume that it’s different for the Steam or the Xbox One version.

The Takara Sushi encounter is included (I didn’t try the Bar Yokosuka encounter).

With Japanese audio and English subtitles, they speak Japanese in this encounter and there are no subtitles.

Back