Mental Health Dojo

Once again, I am sending best wishes to everyone who posted anything here on this thread. My thoughts are with @Kenzo38130 for sharing the sad news. Buddy, on the bright side, you're one talented young man, who contributed significantly to our community. Think about some of your projects surronding your own Shenmue UE4 remake and minigames, don't let them go to waste!
Unfortunately, I too have some stories to share: just yesterday I found out that one of my co-workers tested positive for Covid. The good news is that I personally have nothing to worry about, because I survived it in January. The bad news is the fact that the co-worker was in direct contact with several other people at work - while exhibiting the symptoms - and now I fear that our division will be temporarily shut down, because some other co-workers are planning to get a test. If too many of us are absent, we will have to stay home. My thoughts are also with him; he is currently feeling a bit better, but will have to stay at home for about 10 days. Other than that, I finally got an appointment with my psychiatrist, who prescribed the same meds I had for over a year now. The same meds, that make me all drowsy and lethargic unfortunately. As a result, I took countermeasures in the form of caffeinated drinks, which despite my better judgement, actually work. I even gave a blood sample to run tests on my thyroid gland and thankfully nothing was wrong with it.
However I do not think life will be the same now that we have this damn virus running amok. The whole world is shattering into a billion different pieces due to not only the disease, but due to the social decay and the multitude of other problems as well. Feels like I am watching The Hunger Games, 2012, The Waterworld, Zombieland, as well as other post-apocalyptic movies all at once in real life.
But this is all just a little OTT especially when you've been diagnosed with four mental disorders. I have friends like you guys and when something happens I know that you guys are always the right "address", or should I say website to discuss these matters. Thank you in advance and I'll see you guys around!

Once again, I am sending best wishes to everyone who posted anything here on this thread. My thoughts are with @Kenzo38130 for sharing the sad news. Buddy, on the bright side, you're one talented young man, who contributed significantly to our community. Think about some of your projects surronding your own Shenmue UE4 remake and minigames, don't let them go to waste!
Unfortunately, I too have some stories to share: just yesterday I found out that one of my co-workers tested positive for Covid. The good news is that I personally have nothing to worry about, because I survived it in January. The bad news is the fact that the co-worker was in direct contact with several other people at work - while exhibiting the symptoms - and now I fear that our division will be temporarily shut down, because some other co-workers are planning to get a test. If too many of us are absent, we will have to stay home. My thoughts are also with him; he is currently feeling a bit better, but will have to stay at home for about 10 days. Other than that, I finally got an appointment with my psychiatrist, who prescribed the same meds I had for over a year now. The same meds, that make me all drowsy and lethargic unfortunately. As a result, I took countermeasures in the form of caffeinated drinks, which despite my better judgement, actually work. I even gave a blood sample to run tests on my thyroid gland and thankfully nothing was wrong with it.
However I do not think life will be the same now that we have this damn virus running amok. The whole world is shattering into a billion different pieces due to not only the disease, but due to the social decay and the multitude of other problems as well. Feels like I am watching The Hunger Games, 2012, The Waterworld, Zombieland, as well as other post-apocalyptic movies all at once in real life.
But this is all just a little OTT especially when you've been diagnosed with four mental disorders. I have friends like you guys and when something happens I know that you guys are always the right "address", or should I say website to discuss these matters. Thank you in advance and I'll see you guys around!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I don’t want to go into too much details about it but today I’m sitting here for n my father’s car waiting for someone in HR to come in.

For the past few weeks I’ve had to put up with this person who makes me feel like shit. I like most other things about this job so far, but this guy, well...I like to think I can get along pretty well with most people, I always do my best to be friendly and easy going, always polite, patient with those who might have some annoying quirks or whatever. And I don’t want to seem like unappreciative of training I’m getting. But the thing is, all these little things he says or does make me feel like I’m stupid.

It’s a job where you’re specifically told not to rush, where going too fast makes you make more mistakes, but he constantly seems short tempered with me and acts like there are mistakes I make that I should know better about...despite having mostly been left on my own to learn for the majority of my first two months here. And he knows this. Never mind that him watching me combined with these off handed comments is making me incredibly nervous and stressed to the point where I’m unable to concentrate or focus on doing it well to begin with.

So I go to my boss about it today. He says he’ll talk to him but given his track record of following up on anything, who knows. I ask to go learn a different part of the process(something I was told from the start that you can just do it you want) but was told I had to work with him. I tried talking to the lead of my area, saw thing. Even other people who know or witnessed me crying as I left yesterday, who all seemed willing to have me work with them instead, but nope not allowed. I don’t see why it’s so important that I have to work with this guy who everyone knows is treat me poorly especially when I am rarely brought to that point anymore, especially in front of other people.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m overly sensitive but I wouldn’t think so. Just don’t think it’s right that for anyone to talk to me or treat me this way when all I’m doing is doing my best to try to learn. I doubt confronting him myself will change anything for the better because it seems he knows full well how he’s treating people in general. I’ve put up with similar stuff with people at past jobs, and it’s partly my fault I never brought anything up to anyone, but I’m so tired of acting like this shit doesn’t wear down my self esteem or mental health to the point of depression.

Maybe HR can do something, maybe not, who knows. I’m hoping for at least a leave of absence until they can put me somewhere else I guess, really I’d be fine literally working in any other capacity without him, but they seem to want to make things impossible for me. I can’t say I like the idea of outright quitting because most everything else is fine. I’ve only ever quit my first job, everywhere else I’ve given some sort of notice. But I can’t work with him again.

I’ve got a few thousand saved up...and without getting into much, if I don’t spend on anything else, I can probably live on $200-300 a month for now. Don’t want to have to. But maybe it would give me more time to figure out a way to network and get paid for my art in some way, and get better at it too. Working 58-60 hours a week doesn’t give anywhere near enough consistent practice time, especially with recent talks of starting to work saturdays as well or moving to 12 hour shifts.

People like that piss me the **** off. There is absolutely no need to antagonize someone at the workplace; they're supposed to help make your job better (and vice versa) and if nobody works like a team, things don't get done.

I don't know why companies don't realize this and do something about it; it is so damn frustrating for everyone involved.

I hope your HR will help out; the HR at my first job was completely useless and incompetent, I never had to deal with HR at my second job, save for one instance and they were SUPER professional and on the ball and the HR at my current job is just brilliant and is always there to assist and, "make things right," (but I have never needed to use them, other than payroll stuff; other people speak well of them).

Good HR is a job perk, IMO and something that should be looked at before job searching, if possible (which can be hard, I know).

I hope you get a resolution and things are fixed up. Fingers crossed for you!

Same, I hate people like that but it's especially worse when it's just one or two people who make your role intolerable. At my last role, we had an IT guy who was pretty much the only one who knew our old and outdated systems. He was therefor near untouchable and it drove me mad. He would constantly NOT get things done that would lead to massive compliance failures. I spent a lot of time covering up this guys mess that meant we owed partners hundreds of thousands of pounds because he hasn't done a simple job. Always walking on egg shells when you are around him, he'll never get anything done, he'll shout, moan but the most depressing thing was that the higher ups would let him get away with it.

I took the attitude that I am not in the job to make friends and will force things to get done if I had to. That essentially led to me getting managed out the business. Don't kill yourself mentally over work @BloodyHeartland - If your boss and such don't do anything about it, time to look for somewhere else.

I guess I should give an update...

so I’m working in another art of the department for the past week or so, with a couple people who already liked me well enough. Doing something different, way more physically taxing as well as demanding as far as time goes and keeping a fast pace, all things I’d been hoping to move away from going from retail work to this, but at the very least I’m not working with that other guy.

It’s a bit unfortunate with the timing, and now pretty much working 5:30am-5:30pm or potentially past that. And considering traffic is always worse later in the day, we aren’t getting home til at least 6:30. Means I kinda have to sleep by 8:00 which is not much time for anything other than preparing for the next day...and my back and legs are already killing me now. The lead is a bit more demanding than the other two I’m working with but seems far more understanding and helpful in making sure I know how to do everything right, so I’m glad for that at least.

Next Wednesday I get my 2nd moderna shot, so I got the two following days off ahead of time knowing how awful it might be. Hoping to use that time to draw and catch up on games but most likely I’ll just be KO cold.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words guys. Really makes me feel better. Someone in HR had listened which got me here in the first place. No follow up yet, guess I don’t really care as long as interaction with him is at a minimum. Just seems I expected something by now as far as any official word goes.

Glad that you have an HR team worth their bones; they really can make a ton of difference in your everyday life.

Keep fighting the good fight! As for the shot; from what I've read/gathered, literally everyone had it bad for just one of the shots, while the other didn't affect the body much, if at all.

If your first went well, then this one might be rough, but if the first one was rough, you should have a better go of things :)

I feel like I'm wasting my life away. Every day just trying to make it to the weekend, getting closer to that month's pay cheque so I can buy one thing before all my money is gone on debt repayments and bills. The same thing every day.

Life is in a weird limbo where I'm too be to be bored but not busy enough to feel like I'm working towards something. Achieving something. My life is geared solely towards my mortgage and leaving something for my children.

Need to get myself out of this mundane routine. Need to find something for myself.

I wish I had passion for anything...but these days...I feel like I have no passion for anything.

I used to have passion for learning Japanese...nowadays I just think "what's the point? Can't go anywhere. Can't go to Tokyo anytime soon...why have passion for something I can't use?"

I used to have passion for gaming...nowadays I can't be assed to pick up a controller.

I used to have passion for films....nowadays I don't even know where to begin writing about them anymore.

I just don't have any passion in me lately for anything.

In these troubled times we are living in I believe that Shenmue fans in this thread will enjoy watching this film:

Really happy to see all of you supporting each other.

Getting those inner struggles out in the open and receiving input from other members really is a god send.

I encourage all of you to check out Betterhelp.com

https://www.betterhelp.com/

They are an online therapy platform that provide psychologists 24 hrs of the day via text message and scheduled phone/video calls. While the monthly fee is rather steep, you can't put a price on your mental and emotional health

I haven't used them personally, but I've heard lots of good things about them. Their trust pilot reviews are also very good.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.betterhelp.com

I strongly recommend everyone check them out. You can always cancel it if its not for you. But having access to lots of different psychologists and professionals in your pocket could be life changing

Keep helping and looking out for each other

A few weeks ago I took a blood test and it turned out I was quite anemic. The days prior, I was increasingly getting light headed and my fatigue was off the usual scale. It got to a point where I was driving on the motorway and had to pull over because I felt like was going to feint.

The supplements I've been on have helped. I've also gone back to sleep in my bedroom. Previously, I was with my young son whilst my wife was with the new baby. Sleeping on the same bad as my son meant I would hardly sleep through the night and would be constantly up with him rolling into me.

Slight issue now is I just feel very tense and stressed out. Work is going okay though I still hate the job, and I am making inroads in my debt. However, I just feel very tense, both physically and mentally and can't put my finger on a particular reason (but multiple).

Hi guys! I decided to drop by at this thread just to give you guys an update at how things currently are over at my end: about a month ago I got vaccinated against Covid 19, but I'm also a Covid survivor, which means I most likely gained a life's worth dose of immunity. Oh and the Vaccine brand I got was Janssen/Johnson&Johnson so according to some research, the brand I received also gives you immunity for a lifetime.

Unfortunately, there are some bad news yet again surrounding my co-workers at work and my grandmother, although my grandma is now feeling much, much better. At work, just recently, one of my co-workers contracted a serious case of pneumonia. No, it's not Covid, because she's also vaccinated, but it's because of the severe weather changes here in my country (the heatwaves, thunderstorms, the overuse of the AC, Saharan dust and pollen). Another one suffered a nervous breakdown because of the stress and is currently on a sick leave. My grandmother on the other hand suffered a case of anemia after she lost a tremendous amount of blood following her gardening accident. Her situation was so severe, that there was blood found in her stool and was admitted to the hospital. Following her discharge, she ended up with a hematoma, which kept relapsing and reopening, causing her to travel back and forth to the hospital.

Now the good news: I would like you to know that my grandmother is now feeling rejuvenated and healthy as ever. She is currently a little bit more vary than before, but that doesn't stop her from working on her chores.

Thank you to everyone for reading this post, my thoughts are with everyone, and I'll be seeing you around!

I wish I had passion for anything...but these days...I feel like I have no passion for anything.

I used to have passion for learning Japanese...nowadays I just think "what's the point? Can't go anywhere. Can't go to Tokyo anytime soon...why have passion for something I can't use?"

I used to have passion for gaming...nowadays I can't be assed to pick up a controller.

I used to have passion for films....nowadays I don't even know where to begin writing about them anymore.

I just don't have any passion in me lately for anything.
hang in there bro.
Those times happen to me as well.
I think it can be just a phase to be honest. you might be going through a change about what you love in life and that can bring about a lack of enthusiasm for things you used to love doing.

I can certainly relate to that.

I feel like I'm wasting my life away. Every day just trying to make it to the weekend, getting closer to that month's pay cheque so I can buy one thing before all my money is gone on debt repayments and bills. The same thing every day.

Life is in a weird limbo where I'm too be to be bored but not busy enough to feel like I'm working towards something. Achieving something. My life is geared solely towards my mortgage and leaving something for my children.

Need to get myself out of this mundane routine. Need to find something for myself.
Hi bro!
Man do I relate to your massage! oh boy.
Sometimes i love my job and sometimes I hate it. Specially in those stressful days and weeks we go through sometimes.
A life where we can't seem to enjoy our day is very hard to live as we are always wanting to the time to go fast just to end our dayjob, and get our money.
Solutions aren't fast nor evident.
Some ppl find courage to change their carrer ar quit their job, but there is always the fear of not having money if one does that.

It hard. I feel exactly like that sometimes.

Just copying what I wrote in a discord server because it’s late and I can’t be bothered to write it a bit differently.

I already kinda skimmed over this in Shippo’s discord but thought maybe this place might be more…appropriate? Not really the right word, and not really sure what I’m looking for other than to share, but here it is.

Have known for a very long time I’ve had a fear of heights and it seems to be one of many more natural fears most people would have since it kinda makes sense, like a general fear of danger or dying etc. I’ve been up Ferris wheels, roller coasters, sky rides, hiked some mountains, plenty of other things that I’m not fond of but did for the sake of family.

But this past week has had me questioning whether it is or has become a flat out phobia…or at least whether I should be as open to doing these kinds of things or if any of my family takes it seriously at all. I mean, it’s not like my father and brother haven’t rocked the rides on purpose, and I heard one of my sisters mention the word “chicken” this past time.

So we went to Carlsbad Caverns this past Monday as a part of my sisters’ trip to see as many national parks as possible. Nothing nefarious or anything, but nothing prepares me for how steep the actual hike is. I thought for some reason it’d be a far more gradual slope, that it wouldn’t be incredibly narrow and that people behind me would be pushing me out of the way, and I didn’t anticipate how slippery it would all be, even the railings meant to support you that are often too far from one another.

In hindsight it was kind of silly, but I had no way of knowing how close I was to the bottom. But it seemed to be going on forever, with me trying to stay on the inside and facing the wall so I wouldn’t have to look down, holding people up, trying to take deep breaths but hyperventilating anyway. Finally I found a place to sit down out of the way and I wasn’t expecting it but I broke down in tears for a good while knowing there was no way I could climb back up and feeling stuck because I couldn’t keep going down any further.

My dog's in kidney failure. He probably only has a few days left. My friend. I loved him as much as I've loved anyone. I'm not doing so good.
Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. Losing any pet is really tough. I've been there with our family dog and it rocked me to the core.

Give him the best final few days you can and enjoy the memories you had.

My dog's in kidney failure. He probably only has a few days left. My friend. I loved him as much as I've loved anyone. I'm not doing so good.
I lost my dog in 2018 to Kidney Failure and it broke my heart. Treasure these last few days with him, be there for him at the end, and if i can offer any sort of advice it would be that the pain does eventually give way to great memories.

Ah man I'm sorry to hear that. Losing any pet is really tough. I've been there with our family dog and it rocked me to the core.

Give him the best final few days you can and enjoy the memories you had.

Thanks, man. We lost his sister a few years back, and that was really tough, but this one has hit me even harder. He's such a lovely little guy. I keep telling myself that 15 years is one hell of a run for a dog, and it is! But it still really hurts.

I lost my dog in 2018 to Kidney Failure and it broke my heart. Treasure these last few days with him, be there for him at the end, and if i can offer any sort of advice it would be that the pain does eventually give way to great memories.
Thanks, that happened after his sister died too, like you said, the pain does eventually ease off. But man, it sucks when you're in the middle of it.

Oh and by the way, I'm so sorry for your losses. And hearing your experiences has helped a bit, thank you. :crying:

Last edited:
Back