Metacritic: we should score Shenmue 1 & 2 HD in the User Critics on release day.

So I wrote a review...

I have been playing video games since the Super Nintendo, and Shenmue 1 & 2 are by far some of the greatest games I have encountered in my gaming life. Both games are notable for defining many conventional features of modern gaming, from establishing the open world genre, popularising the QTE mechanic and presenting a cinematic feel in a video game. The games also rock some of the best-looking graphics for gaming in 1999. As a warning: both games have a deliberately slow pace. This is a series built for immersion and exploration and not for fast progression replete with action, guns or explosions with a mini-map, glowing trails and a checkpoint system. The games dare to drop you into a vast virtual world to explore at your leisure and refuses to hold your hand, even forcing you to wait for certain shops to open, meet a character at a particular time or complete mundane tasks to complement its virtual life-simulator experience. However, if you can appreciate the refreshingly deliberate slow-pace, the intriguing story and the profoundly immersive environments, these are some fantastic golden oldies to enjoy, right up there with Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy 7.

Me too, we have to raise that score over 90!

Anyone having issues posting this on metacritic? It keeps crashing for me

Anyone having issues posting this on metacritic? It keeps crashing for me

Didn´t have any issues. Did you tried with other browsers?

The User Score is currently on 8.9/10.
With a few more contributors from this forum we can get it to 9.0/10 :coffee:

Metacritic_Shenmue_2.jpg

Good job to those who have taken the time to review the game on metacritic. Hopefully more people do so as the days go on. I noticed there are several negative user scores but no review attached to them, I assume you can rate the game anonymously?

I'll try it off my laptop this week. Thanks all. Good to see it doing so well.

Good job to those who have taken the time to review the game on metacritic. Hopefully more people do so as the days go on. I noticed there are several negative user scores but no review attached to them, I assume you can rate the game anonymously?

It seems so. Nothing we can prevent (IMDB works the same way), but we can fight against united. The story of our lives.

Quick reminder: If anyone here is reviewing the game on Metacritic, be sure you hit the correct rating before submitting your review.

This guy was a bit unlucky:

bleh.png

Quick reminder: If anyone here is reviewing the game on Metacritic, be sure you hit the correct rating before submitting your review.

This guy was a bit unlucky:

View attachment 657
Saw it yesterday and reported the review, hope the admins take actions on this.

Back