Microsoft aquire ZenimaxMedia (owners of Bethesda, IDSoftware, Tango Dreamworks etc)

Sonoshee

Account Removed at Users Request
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Cookie Cutter
Last edited:

Seems some may stay Multi-Plat. I just hope Microsoft don't nerf this studios like they did with some of the others they've bought.

Massive move though and it is a shot across the bows for Sony. They need to buy Sega lol

I guess stuff like Elder Scrolls 6 will still come to PS5. You know, the really big names.
Otherwise the whole new PS5 community will be pissed in 2, 3, 4 years
when theres no PS5 version. And Microsoft were the ones who said
that they want gamers to play whereever they want, however they want
and that they dont want to compete with the PS5.
So if they make well known multi platform IPs Xbox / PC only know,
we will get a "nice" new console war because we are going backwards. I dont think thats a good idea.

I can understand that stuff like Bloodborne or Demon Souls is platform exclusive,
like on one single platform because the IP always was there,
Time exclusive like the Final Fantasy 7 / 16 stuff is not so great
because thats just paying so that other platforms have to wait.
But making something like Elder Scrolls 6 100% exclusive so Sony doesnt get it,
that would be really scummy, way more scummy than the other two examples if you ask me.

That would be like Elden Ring being available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One (X), Series X / S, PC
and then 4 years later Elden Ring 2 is 100% PS5 exclusive.

I guess stuff like Elder Scrolls 6 will still come to PS5. You know, the really big names.
Otherwise the whole new PS5 community will be pissed in 2, 3, 4 years
when theres no PS5 version. And Microsoft were the ones who said
that they want gamers to play whereever they want, however they want
and that they dont want to compete with the PS5.
So if they make well known multi platform IPs Xbox / PC only know,
we will get a "nice" new console war because we are going backwards. I dont think thats a good idea.
They are PR guys, they contradict themselves all the time. It can be an exclusive and would make sense as "system" seller.

That would be like Elden Ring being available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One (X), Series X / S, PC
and then 4 years later Elden Ring 2 is 100% PS5 exclusive.
That happened before so there are precedents: Bayonetta.

So its not really scummy its now Microsoft IP now and they might be able to do whatever they want in order to make more money.

It is certainly some big news. Let's see what will happen now that Microsoft has almost all of the bug Wester RPG makers, Obsidian and Bethesda.

That happened before so there are precedents: Bayonetta.

I dont count Bayonetta. The only reason why there is a Bayonetta 2 is because Nintendo paid to create it.
If Nintendo wouldnt have done it, there probably would be no Bayonetta 2 at all.
I cant say anything against that.
Elder Scrolls 6 is already in the works for probably 1-2 years, maybe even more,
Skyrim was one of the biggest names in gaming ever
and the 6 part of this series is not just alive because of Microsoft.
So in that example Microsoft would use a big multiplatform title with fans on all platforms
and make it Xbox / PC exclusive pretty much just to mock / bait PS users.

Yes, Playstation does this with FF7R, FF16 or Nioh etc too but those are time exclusive games
that will be available on PC and / or Xbox after 6-12 months.
Thats why i think a 100% Xbox / PC exclusive Elder Scrolls 6 would be way more scummy.

Last edited:
I dont count Bayonetta. The only reason why there is a Bayonetta 2 is because Nintendo paid to create it.
If Nintendo wouldnt have done it, there probably would be no Bayonetta 2 at all.
I cant say anything against that.
Elder Scrolls 6 is already in the works for probably 1-2 years, maybe even more,
Skyrim was one of the biggest names in gaming ever
and the 6 part of this series is not just alive because of Microsoft.
So in that example Microsoft would use a big multiplatform title with fans on all platforms
and make it Xbox / PC exclusive pretty much just to mock / bait PS users.

Yes, Playstation does this with FF7R, FF16 or Nioh etc too but those are time exclusive games
that will be available on PC and / or Xbox after 6-12 months.
Thats why i think a 100% Xbox / PC exclusive Elder Scrolls 6 would be way more scummy.
So, you thought square was scummy when ditched Nintendo systems for ff7, which was in pre production for nintendo 64, and made it for psx only?

And the Bayonetta example still holds true for future Bethesda games since the founding will come from Microsoft now.

Because again this kind of switching platforms according to business wimps happened all the time in the industry.

So if Microsoft that used 7.5Billion dollar in the adquisition believe that is in their interest to make the games exclusive they are in their right like every studio that has been bought by Sony or Nintendo and is not scummy at all IMHO.

So, you thought square was scummy when ditched Nintendo systems for ff7, which was in pre production for nintendo 64, and made it for psx only?

And the Bayonetta example still holds true for future Bethesda games since the founding will come from Microsoft now.

Because again this kind of switching platforms according to business wimps happened all the time in the industry.

So if Microsoft that used 7.5Billion dollar in the adquisition believe that is in their interest to make the games exclusive they are in their right like every studio that has been bought by Sony or Nintendo and is not scummy at all IMHO.

The Elder Scrolls 6 example would be the most scummy example of all of them.
The Elder Scrolls 6 does not exist because of Microsoft.
Bayonetta 2 exists because of Nintendo. If we remove Nintendo from the project, there is no Bayonetta 2 at all.
Bloodborne exists because its a project ordered by Sony. There is no Bloodborne without Sony.
The 100% Playstation exclusives like God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted, Days Gone, Spider Man etc
were / are always (new) IPs that only exist on Playstation and nowhere else.
Sony doesnt buy Fifa after 21 games or whatever and suddenly all Fifa games are 100% PS exclusive.
Sony doesnt buy Resident Evil after 8 main games and suddenly all RE games are 100% PS exclusive.
The other PS stuff like Nioh, Final Fantasy, or the CoD Early Access Multiplayer stuff is all time exclusive.
So again, if Microsoft makes Elder Scrolls 6 100% Xbox / PC exclusive
then thats the worst example of all of them because Elder Scrolls never was a 100% Microsoft exclusive,
we are talking about a game series that was multiplatform for many many years
and Elder Scrolls 6 rumours are like 2-3 years old and its already officially announced,
so its not a project thats being created because of the Microsoft deal.
I stick to it. A exclusive Elder Scrolls 6 just to exclude the PS5 would be the scummiest example.

I'd be more intrigue and excited at this turn of events if...Bestheda was more honest and does not have such a shady track record as a company. Todd is a snakes oil salesman. Grains of salt is the only thing I'd take away from this scenario. But, If having Microsoft holding them accountable and whipping them into shape to actually produce non joke-memes products again is a welcomed incentive.

I hope every big title they release is console exclusive to Xbox. If I just spent 7.5k millions in a company I would want let them shine in my console.

If I'm Phil Spencer I'd give them the same medicine they did with FFVII remake or Yakuza/HZD: 1 year of temporal exclusive best case scenario. 3 years worst case scenario. If you want it earlier you can get my cheap console for 300 bucks. If you have a PC, you can get my gamepass. I'm being gentle and offering a lot of good deals if you want to play it now. A fair deal.

Back