Mod Requests for Shenmue III

FPS Camera Mod - Similar to skyrim, resident evil 7 etc - ideally if this could be VR compatible in the long run that would be awesome

Rose Garden Mod - Replace all fighters with the main bad guys in Shenmue 3. (Lan di, Niao sun, Chai, Mr muscles, Yanlang, etc)

Battle Rally Mod - Replace the playable characters with other Shenmue characters (Lan di, Niao sun, Mr muscles, Shenhua, etc)

Soundtrack replacement mod - replace music themes of each section

Those are what come to mind right now. Dunno how feasible any of it is though. Great work as always lemon

Shenhua outfit mod that matches the dress she wears in Shenmue 2:

Thanks, but if it's too much work or whatever, don't bother.

I wouldn't put it like that, basically if the mod doesn't really require that much creativity (because I'm not an artist), I should be able to do it myself. If you just want the Shenmue III dress to look like the old one, I guess I could do that myself.

FPS Camera Mod - Similar to skyrim, resident evil 7 etc - ideally if this could be VR compatible in the long run that would be awesome

Rose Garden Mod - Replace all fighters with the main bad guys in Shenmue 3. (Lan di, Niao sun, Chai, Mr muscles, Yanlang, etc)

Battle Rally Mod - Replace the playable characters with other Shenmue characters (Lan di, Niao sun, Mr muscles, Shenhua, etc)

Soundtrack replacement mod - replace music themes of each section

Those are what come to mind right now. Dunno how feasible any of it is though. Great work as always lemon

Almost all of these other than the last one are very easily doable. The last one is only really not something I'd probably want to make the ultimate decision on, purely because it's kinda art-related. If you guys could make a list of exactly what you want replacing and what for, I'm more than happy to do that, though.

Almost all of these other than the last one are very easily doable. The last one is only really not something I'd probably want to make the ultimate decision on, purely because it's kinda art-related. If you guys could make a list of exactly what you want replacing and what for, I'm more than happy to do that, though.

Scrap the soundtrack idea in that case, it was just a random thought. I guess my thinking behind my requests are finding new ways to experience Shenmue 3 or extend replayability.

Scrap the soundtrack idea in that case, it was just a random thought. I guess my thinking behind my requests are finding new ways to experience Shenmue 3 or extend replayability.

I mean, the actual "work" behind modding the soundtrack/BGM isn't difficult at all, it's just I have no idea what to replace em with. So if you guys were to like give a run-down of what you wanted or maybe you just wanted a guide to replace them yourselves, I'm open to either.

I mean, the actual "work" behind modding the soundtrack/BGM isn't difficult at all, it's just I have no idea what to replace em with. So if you guys were to like give a run-down of what you wanted or maybe you just wanted a guide to replace them yourselves, I'm open to either.

Its not really essential. I just saw a similar mod on persona 4 golden where someone created a tool where you could replace soundtracks of each section of the game with other soundtracks. That's where the idea came from. Don't worry about it though, its not important or that much of a big request. It was just a passing thought.

I think the first person perspective / VR and the character model swaps in the rose garden and battle rally will give Shenmue 3 new life and an extended one for players going through Shenmue 3. That's my main request.

Probably impossible to do a complete overhaul, but perhaps adjusting the opacity of the HUD enough so buttons only flash on when necessary ala Dreamcast Shenmue ch1?

love me the minimalist design GUI of the original!

Probably impossible to do a complete overhaul, but perhaps adjusting the opacity of the HUD enough so buttons only flash on when necessary ala Dreamcast Shenmue ch1?

love me the minimalist design GUI of the original!

I think it’s better to have a HUDless display ala settings for God of War or Horizon and when you hit touch pad the HUD is displayed.

On that note The Last of Us part 2 really nailed customizable options from UI, settings and difficulty. I wish more games were like this.

One mod id love is if you start a new game, bailu is unlocked. i hated that you couldnt go everywhere from the start. i know it wouldnt do anthing for the game but thats what i loved about shenmue. Also the mod to hide the UI above would be great too.

Is it possible to do a mod that makes QTEs easier?

I'm sure that mod will be appreciated by players that felt that QTEs in S3 were "too fast".

Again, not really a mod, but I noted in this datamining thread for the demo that @Sappharad made reference to a file called 'CharaProfile' that lists the names of every character in the game: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...on-thread-backer-demo.1695/page-11#post-58330
I assume this file also exists in the final game - would it be possible for this file to be shared or sent to me? This would really help with my Shenmue 3 character database project, to ensure that I haven't missed anyone! (@LemonHaze thank you again for the shop cards, if you could retrieve this file as well you will truly be my hero!)

Again, not really a mod, but I noted in this datamining thread for the demo that @Sappharad made reference to a file called 'CharaProfile' that lists the names of every character in the game: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...on-thread-backer-demo.1695/page-11#post-58330
I assume this file also exists in the final game - would it be possible for this file to be shared or sent to me? This would really help with my Shenmue 3 character database project, to ensure that I haven't missed anyone! (@LemonHaze thank you again for the shop cards, if you could retrieve this file as well you will truly be my hero!)

The file itself isn't necessarily easy to understand, unless you want to look at unorganized list of characters and some character IDs?

I could probably write something really quick to extract everything to CSV or even JSON, which would probably be more appropriate :p

Here's just the character names. But I imagine you'd also want the character IDs <=> character names mapped out too, I'd have to write something to do that (which is what I referenced in the last post)

Attachments

• characters.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 21
Here's just the character names. But I imagine you'd also want the character IDs <=> character names mapped out too, I'd have to write something to do that (which is what I referenced in the last post)
Thanks for this - what I've done initially is cross-referenced this list with my database (character names and descriptions were obtained simply by doing sweeps through Bailu and Niaowu and noting as I went, and ensuring all side-quest only characters are also included), and noted names in the .txt file that do not correspond with any of the characters I've identified (of which there are quite a few!) I've also added brief descriptions of the characters I was able to identify.

Also see below for a list of just the 'mystery' characters
0000341C 14 0E "Zhang Xiaoying" (???)

00003695 13 0D "Deng Baosheng" (???)

000038F7 9 09 "Xiang Yun" (???-Red Snake member?)

00003DBF 9 09 "Lu Shicai" (???-Red Snake member?)

00004023 10 0A "Wu Jingmei" (???)

00004C17 11 0B "Mo Qingchun"(???)

00004E87 9 09 "Mo Mingan" (???)

000050F1 9 09 "Mo Huiyun" (???)

0000535B 11 0B "Mo Yonghong" (???)

00005A9A 8 08 Zhaozhuo (???)

0000727E 12 0C "Han Shizhong" (???)

00008093 8 08 "Dong Gui" (???)

0000A4A0 10 0A "Li Wenzhuo" (???)

00011C28 8 08 "Li Anyan" (???-Blue Spider member?)

00011E93 8 08 "Gao mumu" (???-Blue Spider member?)

00013454 13 0D "Pan Xianglang" (???)

000136BE 9 09 "Shi Wanji" (???)

00013924 11 0B "Lin Ronggui" (???)

00013B8C 11 0B "Chen Sitong" (???)

00013DF8 12 0C "Zhu Mengxing" (???)

00014539 12 0C "Wei Jinzhong" (???)

0001DBC6 12 0C "Xia Hongchen" (???)

0002135B 11 0B "Wei Wenyuan" (???)

0002E026 13 0D "Zhu Shaoxiong" (???)

000330B5 9 09 "Ge Ciping" (???)

00033593 13 0D "Luo Xiongying" (???)

00034442 11 0B "He Jianpeng" (???)

00035816 12 0C "Fang Renfeng" (???)

00035CF9 11 0B "He Guangrun" (???)

00035F6B 10 0A "Tian Gaole" (???)

000379CB 10 0A "Qu Menghai" (???)

0003DF77 14 0E "Ning Yingliang" (???)

0003E6C3 12 0C "Sha Jingyuan" (???)

0003EBB4 10 0A "Kong Fanai" (???)

I'm led to believe some of these may be Red Snake/Blue Spider/misc thugs and/or battle opponents (i.e characters who are not directly named within the game itself), given some have the family names of Xiang, Lu, Gao and Li (see this thread for a rundown on the vexing confusion about which one is which! https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...identify-file-names-of-character-models.3072/

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to identify exactly who these characters are? Can these names/ID's be matched to character models or voice clips (I see that the phone call characters such as Nozomi, Gui Zhang etc are also part of this list, leading me to assume voice clips are part of this file's function as well?) Or would you need to write something as you said to match with Character ID's?

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, if only to resolve the Gao/Li and Xiang/Lu debacle once and for all! :p

Back