Mod Requests for Shenmue III

Is it possible to reduce the frequency of the cat meowing sound effect that plays after 6pm in Niaowu? When you go to an area where there's no music playing at night, it can get pretty annoying to explore with the cat sound playing every few seconds.

Is it possible to reduce the frequency of the cat meowing sound effect that plays after 6pm in Niaowu? When you go to an area where there's no music playing at night, it can get pretty annoying to explore with the cat sound playing every few seconds.
The frequency itself might take a little bit of research but in general yeah, obviously the most simplistic solution would be to outright remove the sound effect altogether.

Yep- so if I’m seeing this right, KOU is Xiang (skinny guy in grey shirt) and ROO is Lu (big guy in bandana)- as presumably the model names are derived from the Japanese pronounciations of their names?
Yeah, that's how I was seeing it.

I guess it's a little odd then that the Blue Spiders thugs are under "GRA" and "GRB" in the file structure. Almost seems like their names might have been after thoughts.

Yeah, that's how I was seeing it.

I guess it's a little odd then that the Blue Spiders thugs are under "GRA" and "GRB" in the file structure. Almost seems like their names might have been after thoughts.
Indeed - however, the order their names appear in the 'characters.txt' within the game's files appears to shed light on which is which:
gao and li txt.png
As these two names do not correspond to any of the NPC's who have their names formally identified in-game, I am assuming these are indeed the two Blue Spiders members - so we have their full names as well! (although, is 'mumu' really meant to be Gao's given name? The fact its all in lower case is strange...)

Assuming this listing is following the same order as 'GRA' and 'GRB', this means Li is the bald guy, while Gao is the bigger guy with long hair.

Oh and I also forgot to mention - Xiang and Lu's full names are confirmed in the same .txt file :)
red snakes txt file.png

Indeed - however, the order their names appear in the 'characters.txt' within the game's files appears to shed light on which is which:
View attachment 9520
As these two names do not correspond to any of the NPC's who have their names formally identified in-game, I am assuming these are indeed the two Blue Spiders members - so we have their full names as well! (although, is 'mumu' really meant to be Gao's given name? The fact its all in lower case is strange...)

Assuming this listing is following the same order as 'GRA' and 'GRB', this means Li is the bald guy, while Gao is the bigger guy with long hair.

Oh and I also forgot to mention - Xiang and Lu's full names are confirmed in the same .txt file :)
View attachment 9521
Wow, looks like you've really managed to get it all figured out. Nicely done! At the very least it seems like the best guess at who's who.

I know next to nothing about Chinese names, so I have no idea if "mumu" is part of the full name, or what. I agree it doesn't seem quite right, though.

Good ol' txt files....

Hello, is possible to change day time cycle (slower time)?

EDIT:
Tbh slower time (or adjustable), slower stamina drain (or adjustable) could be perfect for Shenmue III.
Could be gold experience for anyone by adjusting to you're own gameplay and pace feeling.
Of course.. if is not way too much headache to do it, and it even possible.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I seen many mods which allow to swap the model of Ryo by another model (the model from Shenmue I, Link, Solid Snake ....ect).

I was wondering, if someone wanted to make a mod to swap the model of Ryo with my fan art I did (it is a game ready character).

Attachments

• RL_ShenmueFanArt_CloseUp_01.jpg
    RL_ShenmueFanArt_CloseUp_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
Would it be possible to get a mod for changing the xbox button prompts to ps4 on the steam version?
Or if somebody could tell me how to unpack the .pac files that would be awesome too.

QTE white D-Pad arrows (like was in Shenmue I +II). This will help a lot with reaction time, cause is confusing with [A] .

Would love to see an S3 mod that just swaps Shenhua's model for her model from S2, as you did for Ryo.
That seems potentially easier than making alterations to her outfit. And personally, her appearance in 3 weirds me out. Even aside from her clothes, she looks like a completely different person.

Any news about Shenhua's old outfit mod? i like Shenhua's clothes and design in Shenmue III but it would be really nice to have the old outfit as well.

I had an idea for a mod about the food system, i love the food system i just think it needs improvements.

Easy - Story Mode, the player will not need to eat. Normal - Recommended mode, the player will need to eat just 1 or 2 times a day in the game. Hard - Challenge mode, the player will need to eat 3 or 4 times a day in the game. Hardest - Nightmare Mode, the player will need to eat a lot of times a day in the game.

I think will be better this way, this way players can choose what is best for them. It is possible to do this? thank you.

Last edited:
Hey @LemonHaze , any chance something being built into Misc Mods that allows manipulation of cash and gambling token rewards? Either something that multiplies the amount you receive or in a pinch just outright allows you to edit the amount in Ryo's inventory; perhaps the option for both?

Something to make the money grind sequences a little easier + able to bypass entirely would be great to smooth the overall experience out a little.

Hey @LemonHaze , any chance something being built into Misc Mods that allows manipulation of cash and gambling token rewards? Either something that multiplies the amount you receive or in a pinch just outright allows you to edit the amount in Ryo's inventory; perhaps the option for both?

Something to make the money grind sequences a little easier + able to bypass entirely would be great to smooth the overall experience out a little.

Sure, I'm pretty sure most of the stuff is already in place for that in MiscMods, so it shouldn't take long to implement. I'll see what I can do with the free time I have.

Even though its a bit annoying, you can use the YsNet debug menu to directly modify your cash.

Last edited:
Sure, I'm pretty sure most of the stuff is already in place for that in MiscMods, so it shouldn't take long to implement. I'll see what I can do with the free time I have.

Even though its a bit annoying, you can use the YsNet debug menu to directly modify your cash.
Thanks. Debug menu definitely crossed my mind, but Misc Mods is, IMO, the definitive QoL improvement mod for Shenmue III and it'd be nice to have that stuff available in there.

No pressure anyway, because I know you're busy.

Try this version.

Comes with a button to set your own money, an option to multiply all money earned by 2 and also comes with an energy drain QOL mod (which reduces "NormalRunningDrainRate").

Misc Mods: https://wulinshu.com/cms/index.php/releases/

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this version.

Comes with a button to set your own money, an option to multiply all money earned by 2 and also comes with an energy drain QOL mod (which reduces "NormalRunningDrainRate").

There's a bug/crash with the money stuff in this version, I should have a fix later on today, sorry.

Back