"Muting" Shenmue III Forum

Would you like the option to hide/block/mute sub-forums?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Mittens2317

Class A Cunt
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Minesweeper
XBL
Mittens2317
Steam
Mittens2317
I'm assuming to be the only one here, if not part of a very small minority, who still hasn't played Shenmue III. As such, I'm slightly uneasy about the imminent lifting of the spoiler ban.

There are undoubtedly ways around this, and I believe one of the mods actually made a topic full of tips, links to browser extensions, etc. that could help to mitigate this. Plus there's also the option of just fucking off from the Dojo and coming back once I've finished it (which probably means a hiatus for at least a year)

However, I believe there to be a more simple and elegant solution for this predicament: the ability to hide sub-forums.

In theory this would flat out remove them from your account's view of the home forum page, search results, notifications, etc. It could work like ignoring another member, or being banned from the sub-forum.

There clearly is functionality within the framework of these forums for this kinda thing to exist, however it made need some customised scripting to unearth and implement.

So, I ask you, the people of the Dojo (and the bots, web crawler and Russians alike) if you would be in favour of such a feature, or if you very specifically don't want it. "Don't care" won't be an option, because who the hell cares about you not caring?

Vote away. Or ignore it. Like I wish to do to the Shenmue III forum.

@LemonHaze I will have a look later for any add ons, but you think this is possible?

Edit: I think there is indeed an add on for this. I will look at it later tonight before the merge, and if it all checks out, then we will go ahead and implement it.

I just gave this a very quick test with some custom CSS, and there are a couple of issues. Firstly it will only work in terms of collapsing the categories. For example, you couldn't collapse the Shenmue III forum specifically:

Forums 1.png

Another issue, is that it will only work on this theme. I am not sure if you are using the new look Dojo theme, or the Yama or Bysby theme. That's going to be a key issue, since we have implemented a lot of custom code for the different themes. That applies to any custom CSS we use, or themes from Xenforo free or paid (the hide node add on is a paid add on)

If there's a way of adding sub-forums to the search filter list, then these two together would work perfectly.

Screenshot_20200227_125742_com.android.chrome.jpg

EDIT: And yeah, I just use the default theme.

@Mittens2317 Great overall question; I'm in the exact same boat actually.
....Although after recently getting an Xbox one X, I may just finally be able to start playing Shenmue 1 & 2 :-D

I'd mostly just like a way to ignore certain threads rather than seeing them constantly pop to the top of whatever board they're in. Or is there already a way to do that?

You gonna buy me a PS4, yeah?

You gonna buy me a PS4, yeah?
Shiiiiit. Thought you would at least had a video game console, especially being on this forum. What do you do with you free time then? Have a night out with the lads? Go on holidays? do a physical hobbie like play football? What a boring person you must be. I just lost my job so buying you a PS4 is out of the question but if the members of the forum are down, I'll happily put in £20 towards a fund to get you one. I think you can get a pre-owned one from CEX for about £150

In all seriousness, I expect to have a PS4 Pro roughly a year on since its release, so I've got a wait on my hands in one sense, but in another I expect it to fly by. As my life seems to be doing atm. As I edge closer and closer to the great beyond.

Help.

In all seriousness, I expect to have a PS4 Pro roughly a year on since its release, so I've got a wait on my hands in one sense, but in another I expect it to fly by. As my life seems to be doing atm. As I edge closer and closer to the great beyond.

Help.
Why bother get a pro with the PS5 round the corner?

I have a strict policy of no games other than Minesweeper on my PC. Football Manager 2012 is allowed on there for no more than two months per calendar year and they must be consecutive. Exclusives are considered on a case-by-case basis.

My PC is for work only.

And currently in need of repairs. And an upgrade...

I have a strict policy of no games other than Minesweeper on my PC. Football Manager 2012 is allowed on there for no more than two months per calendar year and they must be consecutive. Exclusives are considered on a case-by-case basis.

My PC is for work only.

And currently in need of repairs. And an upgrade...
And you don't have a console because....?

Swapping 384 games for one. Wise investment strategy.

Being the last year until PS5, I have a feeling black friday 2020 for slim PS4 will dip even below $200, and Pro below $300. Or if you have the funds, start saving for PS5 now, since it appears to be another Saturn/PS3 price tag :/

PS5 is the sensible choice if it's BC with PS4-PSOne, even if PS4 is on sale.

Unless you wait so long until even the PS5 has a mid-life recycle.

Which I don't think will be me. PS5 should be my first early adoption since Dreamcast or XBOX.

Back