My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

cool. Just @me or post here when you do. Will you try to publish on console platforms as well?
Hi, yes i will @you everytime i post something here, yes the game will be coming to steam first in mid/late 2022 and if the game sells well i will release it on old and current gen consoles in late 2023.

Sorry for my bad english i'm still learning english. the game will be fully translated in english of course.

Counter attack:

You can now counter attack your opponents with 10 different animations. to perform a counter attack you should press the "counter" key when your opponent is attacking you. the animations are chosen randomly according to the opponent's move.

Rage Attack (Finishing move)

This mechanic is inspired by the game "Yakuza". each successful attack increases the "Rage" gauge when the gauge is full. Kaito will be able to perform a lethal "rage attack". rage attacks vary depending on the weapon kaito is carrying.

Fist fight combat mechanics demonstration video.

This looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait to try it out in the future. As always, keep up the good work Kenzo!

This looks absolutely stunning! Can't wait to try it out in the future. As always, keep up the good work Kenzo!
thank you very much @Shansun95 , it is this kind of wonderful comment that gives me the desire and the motivation to continue this project.

You can now train at the dojo to earn "SPs".
SPs can be exchanged for new combat style or to increase kaito stats (HP, Damage, Rage Gauge ..).

the training mini game is strongly inspired by shenmue's "Exite QTE".

Wow, this looks really good!
One thing I noticed that seemed off is that there are no grunts when fighting the bad guys, they make no noise when they are hurt or when they die and it is a little off-putting. That's my little constructive comment, but otherwise, it is looking good so far! Also, if you need help with Beta testing I would love to try and help.

Wow, this looks really good!
One thing I noticed that seemed off is that there are no grunts when fighting the bad guys, they make no noise when they are hurt or when they die and it is a little off-putting. That's my little constructive comment, but otherwise, it is looking good so far! Also, if you need help with Beta testing I would love to try and help.
Thanks you very much @Jigen ,yeah npc doesnt make sound or they do very weird generic sound when they are hurt for the moment but i will add some soon it's planned. Thank you, I will keep you posted when I do a beta test phase for the game.

I uploaded a new trailer for the game's steam page. The steam page should be live in 1 or 2 days. I'm not good at creating trailers but I would love to hear your thoughts on this trailer as it will appear first on the Steam store page so this is very important, many thanks to everyone who have encouraged me here and those who give me their feedback about the game, I took a new important step today ... seeing a preview of my game on steam is like a dream come true for me even if it's not much in the end.
Capture d’écran (4).png

I uploaded a new trailer for the game's steam page. The steam page should be live in 1 or 2 days. I'm not good at creating trailers but I would love to hear your thoughts on this trailer as it will appear first on the Steam store page so this is very important, many thanks to everyone who have encouraged me here and those who give me their feedback about the game, I took a new important step today ... seeing a preview of my game on steam is like a dream come true for me even if it's not much in the end.
View attachment 12877
Cracking work dude. Well done

In this post I will tell you about the similarities of my game with the yakuza and shenmue games.
the game is a mix between yakuza and shenmue and i will try to explain why. (even if the game remains very different because it is an independent project with a restricted budget)

-
I am currently working on a routine system for npcs similar to shenmue, npcs will no longer appear randomly.

- The surroundings in this video are not definitive i am still working on it.

- A bit like in shenmue all the interiors can be visited and they are all used for something (arcade, bowling, grocery store, restaurant, dojo etc ...)

- Like in yakuza you can get attacked by enemies anytime.

- The secondary quests will be a bit over the top like in yakuza.

- Kaito will be able to train in dojos to improve his stats and learn new fighting skills a bit like shenmue 3.

- Kaito yamazaki is inspired by ren from shenmue.

- Just like in "shenmue" the time and the weather change in real time.

- Like in shenmue you will have to sleep every night to advance in the story.

- The game is more action/combat oriented like yakuza.

- You can go to restaurants to eat and regain health points like in yakuza.

- The games have an heat action system for combats like yakuza even if it is very different because the game is in side scrolling view.

To support me you can add the game to your Steam wishlist:
I also made a video where I walk around the city at night.

if you have any feedback to give me positive or negative or any suggestion for the game, don't hesitate to tell me it would help me a lot thank you.

(I don't speak English very well. I have recruited English translators for the dialogue of the game. If you are interested in testing the game before the release to give me feedback on the English translation of the game contact me and I will send you a steam key before the game is released thanks.)

Last edited:
Great work as always buddy!
BTW, I have a question: will the game have mod support, or is it a little too early to say?

Great work as always buddy!
BTW, I have a question: will the game have mod support, or is it a little too early to say?
It is a bit early to confirm it, but yes it is very likely.

Your Osaka kinda makes me think of the post of Black Rain starring Michael Douglas. I do see a lot of 80s vibes in the videos.
I had never heard of this movie until a week ago, I started watching footage from the movie for inspiration because the dark Osaka atmosphere of the movie is exactly what I'm aiming for. .

I am currently modeling an area for the game inspired by the intro of the film.
here is an example: (each area of the game is still unfinished) (sorry for my bad english)

Black Rain intro:
Capture d’écran (199).png

unfinished area (inspired by black rain intro and senbon matsu)
Capture d’écran (201).png

even tho i think that this intro was not in osaka it actualy look like a bridge in osaka called Senbon matsu.

Senbon matsu (night):Capture d’écran (202).png

unfinished area (inspired by black rain intro and senbon matsu) (night)
Capture d’écran (208).png

Last edited:
Back